GreaseSpot Cafe

divine healing via John G Lake ministries

jim jack

From Wikipedia

Lake was born in St. Mary's, Ontario, Canada and moved to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with his family in 1886.[4] He was born into a large family of 16 siblings (eight of whom died young).[5] He graduated from high school in St Mary's shortly before the move to Michigan, and claimed to have been ordained into the Methodist ministry at the age of twenty-one.[4] The seminary he claimed to have attended, though, never existed,[6]:53 and census records show he had less than ten years' education.[7] Lake, then, had no formal theological training.

sound familiar to anyone?

6 hours ago, jim jack said:

Hi,,I've ben reviewing several sharings on youtube, mostly by Curry Blake of John G Lake ministries & am curious if anyone here has checked them out & do you see a parallel with Advanced Class materials at all.?? The DHT they offer to me has been very helpful..JJ

If it's been helpful to you jim jack, who am I to criticize? I've laid hands on people and seen them healed. It's not by my power, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Close Call..you can compare all you want with Weirwille..I'm way way past that..why not go on youtube & look this over for yourselves..the proof's in the pudding they say..and sadly TWI didn't get the results that these teachings are getting...Jay Dee..thats the whole idea...what's keeping people from laying hands on those in need?? This is exactly what Curry Blake is sharing..the false reasons we have...typically "fearing" that "it won't work" and many others....The things that I do, ye shall do also our Lord & savior said..why are we not about our father's business.?..instead (like myself)..I'm puffed up with an abundance of knowledge..but not willing to go & do & be Christ Jesus to others in need.

I encourage any of you reading this..look over a few teachings & go & try it..Curry has shared with me about several TWI'ers who have attended his DHT..as he's seen the result of our having been taught so much.. This should amaze many of you, as "they" are teaching the HOW & getting results..Bless you all who read this ..JIm

TLC..if one's body gets healed by someone having laid their hands and ministering to another..that to me is a nice "measure" wouldn't you agree?? Most won;t risk mnistering & yet Jesus said..the things that I do ye SHALL do also..how about raising the dead?? Conceptual & yet its going on..JJ ;^)

I'm not against anyone being physically healed.  Furthermore, I'm not a complete stranger to the power of mental imaging or positive thinking (or whatever else you want to call it.)  But I'm also not ignorant of what can happen when some become (or are) so focused on pursuing it and elevate it to the position of God or godliness.

You quote pieces of scripture... but how much thought have you given to its context, or to whom it was addressed?
Are you familiar with Pss. 103:7? Over the course of hundreds of years, how much did the nation of Israel really learn from all "his acts"?
Do you honestly think the Gentile nations would learn any more, or any better, from what is seen or known only by their senses?

Edited by TLC

On 6/12/2016 at 6:45 PM, CLOSE CALL said:

From Wikipedia

Lake was born in St. Mary's, Ontario, Canada and moved to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with his family in 1886.[4] He was born into a large family of 16 siblings (eight of whom died young).[5] He graduated from high school in St Mary's shortly before the move to Michigan, and claimed to have been ordained into the Methodist ministry at the age of twenty-one.[4] The seminary he claimed to have attended, though, never existed,[6]:53 and census records show he had less than ten years' education.[7] Lake, then, had no formal theological training.

sound familiar to anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Lake

Well, the evidence is pretty conclusive that John G Lake was a liar on a grand scale who made grandiose claims about his education and his connections.

"He later claimed that he maintained relationships with many of the leading figures of his day including railroad tycoon James Jerome Hill, Cecil Rhodes, Mahatma Gandhi, Arthur Conan Doyle, and others." "When he began his preaching career he claimed to have walked away from a $50,000 year salary (around $1.25 million in 2007 US dollars[15]), as well as his seat on the Chicago Board of Trade. Lake's biographer, Burpeau, reported no evidence outside of Lake's own assertions that Lake was connected to these wealthy financiers and industrialists.[6] According to Morton, contemporary records show Lake never left Zion City at the time Lake was said to be making his name in Chicago; he instead worked in nearby Waukegan as an "ordinary, small-town insurance salesman".

So, any claims that he actually produced healings should be highly suspect- since he's a proven, chronic liar. I'll have to look into this Curry Blake guy separately. However, so far, I do indeed SEE parallels with twi- both groups were founded by chronic liars with grandiose egos.

• Upvote 1

well tlc...who was/is it directed to? Ye SHALL lay hands on the sick & they SHALL recover.....to just the Jews? Ever watch Thomas Fischer on youtube ministering healing on the streets...God giving him a word of Knowledge and him speaking it or taking the person's hand & healing happening while they have it videoed? This stuff is going on because people are rising up & going for it. Or its all a lie & Jesus  didn't mean what he said...

Waysider..I'm thrilled its on open forum..its cool transfering "life" to those in need...its for all who will reach out with the power within them to anyone on the planet...the lie we were fed was that the person being ministered to had to have faith..imagine if Jesus waited for each to have faith..before they received..The person ministering must have faith..not necessarily the recipient..you guys will LOVE these sharings

It appears after you read my first question, jim lack, you hit the brakes and slid right back into your sales pitch.
So, whatever.  I'd hoped you'd make it past my first post, but didn't think you'd honestly pursue it too far...

tlc...maybe I don't know what you are talking about..when you speak of the rabbit hole..so would you do me a favor and claify what in the world you're referring to?  That way I can honestly reply to your "take" & not make an attempt to sell anyone here...I just suggest that people look over Blake on youtube & let it speak for itself..I do not belong to "their ministry"..but its been quite powerful what I;m learning & applying..thats all..

jim jack:

TLC has no idea what he's talking about either. He's just enthralled with himself because no one else understands his pedantic dribble any more than you do. He lives in a rabbit hole of his own smug know-it-all dictor paul wierwille hyperdispensationlism and a knowledge of TWIt that ends in 1985 when he left. He was a loser on staff and is proud of it. He's still self-deluded enough to believe vic, or cummins, or schoenheit, or jalvis, or "rev"jerry wrenn, or bullinger, or BG, had truth. Good luck trying to have a meaningful discussion with him. He's got too many other voices in his head to hear your's.

BTW.....do you mind taking your infomercial to doctrinal or questioning faith? TLC is much more comfortable and affable down there. Peace.

14 hours ago, jim jack said:

tlc...maybe I don't know what you are talking about..when you speak of the rabbit hole..so would you do me a favor and claify what in the world you're referring to?  That way I can honestly reply to your "take" & not make an attempt to sell anyone here...I just suggest that people look over Blake on youtube & let it speak for itself..I do not belong to "their ministry"..but its been quite powerful what I;m learning & applying..thats all..

Simply refers to ferretting out the doctrine(s) beneath it, which a lotta folk seem to either hate or are uncomfortable discussing.

p.s.  don't mind DWBH.  He's still peeved at me for some number of reasons, not the least of which is my avoidance of flashing former status or credentials around, along with his inability to intimidate me with all his great fame and bluster.  And he sure don't know jack about what I think or believe...

Edited by TLC
p.s.

TLC..I think I know what "TLC" is..& if I'm correct..I'm hoping it describes you..I seldom desire to pass any kind of judgement on another via another person's "take"..I respect the fact that you won't be intimidated..as being manipulated isn't what I'm about...either..I think what I'd like you to know is..doctrinally "the things that I do ye shall do & greater" is quite a deal.God wants us to be conformed to the image of his son..& what did the son do?? Love the unlovable..heal the sick/ raise the dead/ walk on water..etc etc.. James speaks of being doers of the word & not hearers only deceiving ourselves..that would be the worse thing I personally would ever desire for "me",,thinking I'm good but by not acting on the knowledge I have..but puffed up by it.if so then.I'm deceived. Blake & gang claim to be healing people world wide..they give testimony after testimony & either they're a pack of liars or its actually the truth..I heard of this awhile back & my first thought was..I wanna be part of this..I was encouraged in it years ago but never saw the fruit of it..See...we never ever (as followers (unless perhaps you were Way Corp)) ever heard our leaders sharing about the healings left & right..these guys do.. as lives are being helped in the area of siickness  & mental anguish....I am being fed & the more I'm tasting the hungrier I'm getting..love it..even at my "old age" LOL  DWBH is saying he doesn't want to check this stuff out...thats fine..I wonder who will as its not a demand at all..but I think you'll be suprised at the integrity of the man sharing & his heart to duplicate himself in this area of ministering..