GreaseSpot Cafe

Expert dental care; far less expensive than in the USA

Rocky

I have no financial stake in this but two days ago returned home from a personal mission to Los Algodones, Baja California, Mexico.

A couple of years ago, one of my molars broke and I was having an increasingly difficult time keeping food out of it.

A friend (a long time greasespotter, btw) enthusiastically told me about Los Algodones.

My Phoenix area dentist gave me an estimate of $4k for a variety of work he said needed to be done to my teeth. I was taken aback.

The only acute/urgent matter was a root canal and crown for the broken tooth. For that, around $1,500. (without dental insurance, which would cost me at least $150/month and make me wait a year to get that kind of major work done)

I was able to get my teeth cleaned, the root canal performed and the crown installed all for less than $500 (direct cost) and total of 24 hours to get the crown made. Of course, I had a few extra costs, like the passport, automobile fuel and a night's stay in a Yuma hotel. But still saved well more than $500 and I love the way my mouth and teeth feel now.

So, if you need dental work, this might be something to consider to get it done far less expensively than you'd pay your hometown dentist. Btw, I went to the Castle Dental clinic and enthusiastically recommend them to you.

:dance:

Edited by Rocky
link for dental departures

• 2 weeks later...