GreaseSpot Cafe

Who's the character who said that movie line?

This is one the most popularly quoted movie lines of all time.  It started with Robert Deniro's character (don't know his name) from Taxi Driver when he began exhibiting his psychopathic behaviour in the mirror and talking to himself  Since then, many hollywood actors, Pacino, Eastwood have used the  "you talking to me" phrase in movie's.  TV too. i.e. seinfeld

If nobody else besides me can name the character (I have seen pieces of the movie, also), can someone identify him other than by the actor's name?  I'm hoping for "partial credit" by referring to him in a legitimate way as to the role (i.e., how would you describe him if the person didn't know who Deniro was?)

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Again, know the movie, know the actor, don't know the character.  :-)

George

If you know the movie but not the name of the character how about a rank?  I thought that we had agreed that knowing the name of the actor was acceptable if we didn't have any other choice?

9 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, it's Brando in "Apocalypse Now."  He was the highest-ranking soldier, so I'd guess general, maybe colonel.

George

Would you like to use your 50/50%?  No, yes he was a colonel.  Colonel Walter E Kurtz.

Your go George.

• 4 weeks later...

"Look, I'm not the one with the problem, okay? It's the world that seems to have a problem with ME! People take one look at me and go "Aargh! Help! Run! A big stupid ugly ogre!" They judge me before they even know me - that's why I'm better off alone... "

"Look, I'm not the one with the problem, okay? It's the world that seems to have a problem with ME! People take one look at me and go "Aargh! Help! Run! A big stupid ugly ogre!" They judge me before they even know me - that's why I'm better off alone... "

• 3 weeks later...

This is a erroneous quote from Apollo 13 astronaut Jack Swigart.  The Tom Hanks movie Apollo 13 helped to fuel the misquote which was actually,  "OK, Houston, we've had a problem here". I've never seen the movie but no doubt Tom Hanks delivered that classic line.  Or not.

22 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

This is a erroneous quote from Apollo 13 astronaut Jack Swigart.  The Tom Hanks movie Apollo 13 helped to fuel the misquote which was actually,  "OK, Houston, we've had a problem here". I've never seen the movie but no doubt Tom Hanks delivered that classic line.  Or not.

Technically, IRL, both Swigert and Lovell said something similar, but only Lovell got the line in the movie.  Since he's played by Tom Hanks, you've got the correct role identified. (Lovell's actually a fraternity brother of mine, and he spoke to the fraternity about the similarities and differences between what happened and the movie version.)