GreaseSpot Cafe

Who's the character who said that movie line?

"So there's me and Amy, and we're all inseparable, right? Just big time in love. And then four months down the road, the idiot gear kicks in, and I ask about the ex-boyfriend. Which, as we all know, is a really dumb move. But you know how it is: you don't wanna know, but you just have to, right? Stupid guy bulls---. So, anyway, she starts telling me about him... how they fell in love, and how they went out for a couple of years, and how they lived together, her mother likes me better, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... and I'm okay. But then she drops the bomb on me, and the bomb is this: it seems that a couple of times, while they were going out, he brought some people to bed with them. Ménage à trois, I believe it's called. Now this just blows my mind, right? I mean, I am not used to this sort of thing. I mean, I was raised Catholic, for God's sake. 

"So I'm totally weirded out by this, right? And then I just start blasting her. Like... I don't know how to deal with what I'm feeling, so I figure the best way is by calling her a slut, right? And tell her she was used. I'm... I'm out for blood. I really wanna hurt this girl. I'm like, "What the f--- is your problem?", right? And she's just all calmly trying to tell me, like, it was that time and it was that place and she doesn't think she should apologize because she doesn't feel that she's done anything wrong. I'm like, "Oh, really?" That's when I look her straight in the eye, I tell her it's over. I walk.

"It was a mistake. I didn't hate her. I wasn't disgusted with her. I was afraid. At that moment, I felt small, like... like I'd lacked experience, like I'd never be on her level, like I'd never be enough for her or something like that, you know what I'm saying? But, what I did not get, she didn't care. She wasn't looking for that guy anymore. She was... she was looking for me... But, uh, by the time I figure this all out, it was too late, man. She moved on, and all I had to show for it was some foolish pride, which then gave way to regret. She was the girl, I know that now. But I pushed her away. So, I've spent every day since then ..." 

It is.

Now think about it. I don't expect anyone to know the names of the characters in that movie, save maybe two.

And it's one of those two. And considering the length of the quote, there's a touch of irony involved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2017 at 11:29 PM, Human without the bean said:

"This is going to be fun!  We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning I'm making waffles"!

The character was "Donkey" from the movie Shriek.

Go if you got one.

Did I really start this topic:

Who's the characer who said that movie line?

That's embarrassing!   :anim-smile:  How did that get past spellcheck?

Edited by Human without the bean
being a dunderhead

On 2/17/2017 at 0:04 AM, Human without the bean said:

Did I really start this topic:

Who's the characer who said that movie line?

That's embarrassing!   :anim-smile:  How did that get past spellcheck?

I spelled character           ^ like that.