GreaseSpot Cafe

Raising the Dead 1 & 2

jim jack

I just got thru listening to a couple of audio sharings on youtube.com entitled "Raising the dead 1" & Raising the Dead 2"..the latter to me was the more profitable..but the sum total of these is just about 2 hours..all scriptually based & well presented...Not really posting this for people's opinion on whether or not this is available..(although you're welcome to share with "us" of course your viewpoint...rather..I'm just saying that this may be an interesting set of sharings for some of you..this is not TWI ..

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

T-Bone, I just wanted to add my 2 cents to your comment: To That Dead Old Turd.  

Got it...that's 2 cents for #2...I hope you don't need a receipt - we're all out of toilet paper. :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/21/2016 at 10:47 AM, jim jack said:

I just got thru listening to a couple of audio sharings on youtube.com entitled "Raising the dead 1" & Raising the Dead 2"..the latter to me was the more profitable..but the sum total of these is just about 2 hours..all scriptually based & well presented...Not really posting this for people's opinion on whether or not this is available..(although you're welcome to share with "us" of course your viewpoint...rather..I'm just saying that this may be an interesting set of sharings for some of you..this is not TWI ..

Taking at face value your offering of 2 hours of video for others, I have to ask the obvious- after pointing out the obvious.

Before we just listen to 2 hours of YT video, we'd need a bit more to go on about WHY we should listen to 2 hours of YT video.

What was it about, other than the title?  What was the approach? What was the main assertion?  What about it convinced you this was well-presented?   Those of us who have SOME interest in the subject would want a bit more before killing 2 hours of video posted by a total stranger.

If I remember correctly (since I had posted this a few years back)..I believe much of it was about different death raisings that had happened based on going after it, once the person had died...& the effort we're able to make for the sake of the other if we "think in this way"..instead of just accepting the person's having died. It definitely encourages one to "think outside the box", as this subject I don't think is often pursued by the "average" person ...sort of woke me up to the endless possibilities..based on "the things that I do, ye shall do also" (which included heal the sick/raise the dead/wal on water/love the unlovable etc) I felt it was very inspirational..otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it. Thank you for asking..as a couple of hours is a long time..

On 1/27/2019 at 12:37 AM, jim jack said:

also..I just listened to both teachings and discovered they are just 29 minutes each..so you wouldn't lose 2 hours after all but just under one hour! LOL

Maybe the dating's messed up on this thread but it looks like you just responded to a discussion that started about 2 years ago, saying you just listened to these - again? - and it was less than an hour not two hours.....there's been no link to the Youtube vid's you watched, and if I search under Raising the Dead 1 or 2, all sorts of dead things come up.

Anyway - if it's been two years, and you did listen to them again, how's it going with this? Anything new to share? Thanks. 

ok..I just went to youtube & typed in" raising the dead part l" (the actual title that came up is "raise the dead part 1) and I think his was the 2nd on the list..he's got on a blue shirt k?? let me know if you still can't locate it..enjoy as part 2 is also good stuff..JJ ;^)

socks..yes it had been a couple years ago I believe that I did listen to this 2 part teaching...but it had stuck in my brain cells as being something that most people would most likely not investigate..but was hoping someone just might & offer their insight...since then I've met Gary & Carol Laude from Michigan while wintering here in Flordia..who claimed to have been raised from the dead..after being gone l5 days....they handed me a CD of their experience which I now e-mail out..with their permission and include their phone # if people do have any questions..this was a total stranger to me..ran across them at our local fleamarket and he offered this to me, as I talk with strangers alot for fulfilling the great comission..so I don't believe this was coincidental..

The thing about this whole thing is... (& this is my conclusion k?)..when the Red Sea parted, that event became a huge testimony for the children of God who got delivered & twas passed down from generation to generation...I feel like this is also a testimony of another's life , that. like the other testimony perhaps could inspire others to consider the awesome power of our God to do this impossible thing.. So that is why I've enjoyed passing this around over the past two weeks & honestly I see a great correlation between the teaching & their testimony..so I care enough to share it with the GSC gang if they care to consider it...

yes I remember someone advising me a few years ago how this belonged in doctrinal ..and at that time felt pretty discouraged by several remarks people were making & walked away for awhile..but I believe the Lord is encouraging me to reach out to the GSC'ers with what I'm learning & trying...so thanks for moving it for me..as I'm just beginning to find my way around cyber space..LOL.. thanks Modgellan