GreaseSpot Cafe

Free At Last Thank Goodness

higherground30

First I'd like to thank Pawtucket and team for giving me the opportunity to share my story thank you and cheers

Background

Greetings all I'm a former member of twi New Zealand from the age of 4 to my exit at the age of 26.My accounts and events are from the years of 1992 to 2014.Currently living in Australia while my mother who is still an innie in NZ.

My story

Where it all begun was in 1992 I was 5years old and my mother had just been witnessed to by a team of two who were doing door to door.At the time twig as it was known then was 2mins up the road and I attended children's fellowship.Times were tough for me and my mother as her and my father were fighting as to why she all of sudden wanted to join this 'church' Long story short not long after my mother had taken PFAL my father and mother split and I was to stay with my mother and twi

Being an only child I was around twi children who I grew up and lived with as i progressed through the years.During the years I grew up idolising Martindale and Mice@l Adams Nz country coord to this day.I cringe at this thought now im more focused on wanting ti br a better me.I had plans to enter Way Corp, go way disciple heck I wanted to take twi all over Nz!

During the 90's I was able to witness alot of the purging that was going on I would see alot of people come and go and the part I would get confused at the time was the labels these people would get like 'he's possessed' she was not abundantly sharing enough she believed in the trinity this whole time blah blah.Sad part about it was I thought that I believed such lies about people who I once called uncle or aunt were now being marked and avoid at the time.Allan who I believe posts here on GSC is probably NZ twi enemy number one!he made such headway that leadership view him as a big threat know we we see why?! Allan kudos to you I stand with you brother:beer:

The new millenium brought a new change for me I was just starting high school and I knew I was starting to change personally.My friends would want to hang out with me but at times I would say sorry we were running a class in our home.Me and mother were actually staying with a gung ho couple who were sold out to twi we ran up 7 classes in 1 year went witnessing almost every week.Almost on a daily basis I was reproved or should I say reamed for small issues backed up spirtually of course!As a 15 year old I was being torn down by these branch coord who were loving sweet dovey dove publicly around other 'believers' but tyrants in private.After 4 long years living with this family me and mother decided to live apart and move into our own house.We had lived with 6 families in a span of 12 years talk about being unsettled at different schools all for the sake of moving the word in that area 'oh you should move near leadership' or that area is not 'spiritually clean' 

As 2006 approached I was headed for the advanced class all the way in USA Ohio.In my mind at the time I thought I was headed for the land that flowed with milk and honey! I was to find not soo true according to what I have seen and heard here.As a young 18 year old it was my first time out of NZ and I was very excited to see Hq.I came back pumped up and ready to take twi in NZ to the next level 

A couple of years later in 2008 me and a friend did the Advanced class special 2008, boy If leadership only knew what we got up to before we wouldve been reproved big time haha.During special I also fell asleep during one of Rosalies welcome speech!JYDL had shown disapproval at next morning breakfast. The guy next to me was not impressed  or room coordinator getting tired of waking us up in Founders hall poor guy! what can you do I was still adjusting to different time zones

As the years progressed I moved out of home and got into the real world.I still attended fellowship saw the same people, sang same songs, gave the same message in SIT and prophecy and yes it's true all the teachings are from the collaterals.Rinse,wash and repeat.As 2011 approached I was having alot of doubts and started to wonder if my heart was in it.My teachings were often corrected right after fellowship was told your messages are the same in SIT your abs is short as they record what you give or it is given as a donation  don't you want protection in your life?!The list goes on.. I found myself living in Trumans world

After venturing out on my own in 2012 I really got a taste of freedom in California but not before being told this person has fellowship etc.. you should go where the 'believers' are why don't you go to HQ?Deep down I said stuff that! I want to go see some chicky babes surf sand and sun it's California baby! I met a girl and really had a great time with her and pour ed my heart she had actually shared how her mother was part of the cult children of God and how she had split from it and how her life had changed for the better.I knew I wanted that freedom too.It wasnt until 2 years later till that day finally came. ..

It dawned on me that I wasn't getting any younger I was 25 and I said to myself can I continue doing something my heart wasn't into?can I still put 30 min of teachings together when I don't even believe what I'm saying!Do I want to be continually checked or am I spiritually fit as to why I wasn't at fellowship when I called/text to say I wasn't coming? did I have to scrape my last monies just so I could reach the ABS amount without being screened or questioned.Many more...these thoughts battled me until December 2013 when I decided I wanted to be free

I remember waiting anxiously shaking like I was about to be executed waiting to tell my mother I wanted to leave the ministry.I remember her saying you know what the Devil is going to take you down!She was bawling her eyes out and yelling (twi programs and indoctrinates this kind of thinking) and I thought she was right as this was all I had known since a 5 year old.My mother had made the phone call on my behalf to Mice@l and he said I have the 'spirit of leviathan' and that I should go over dta syllabus and offered to pay 'a visit' in case any of you don't know dta is defearing the adversary class.I knew amongst all the fear,anxiety and stress I was not to going to participate I was sticking to my guns!After a couple of days I was in shock of what I had done.I truly believed at the time I was going to be killed because I had walked out of the 'household' It took me about a year a trip to Thailand and being out in the real world to realise hey I'm not that 'possessed or out to lunch as I have been labeled.Realising now that I was only programmed brainwashed to believe that the way was the only true place to be

My biggest regret was not saying goodbye properly to all those friends and families I grew up with.There are some great people in the NZ twi.Know I did what was best for me and I can honestly say the grass is greener on the other side! !!:wave:

I could share more on NZ side of things if any one would like to know more or you could private msg it is totally up to you!

Oh btw the coffee in this cafe is awesome!

Cheers from Straya 

D

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, waysider said:

Have a cup on the house.

HERE

Thanks Waysider!

8 hours ago, skyrider said:

hg30.....thanks for your story.

Yes, I'd love to hear more about NZ

Skyrider

Thanks I was moved by alot of your posts I can only sympathise with you and can only imagine what you and your family went through during your time with twi. My other regret was not leaving soon enough but I had so much fear thanks to the twi brainwashing techniques used by twi.I too also lost spent time with my grandparents who called out twi for calling it a cult when they found out their oldest grandson was not allowed to stay with them.At the time my grandad had even called authorities on twi.Mice@l and other 'hierarchy' even went around their house to try and intimidate my grandparents!! But you know I try and put the past behind me as I only get bitter and think how good I have it now.Soo skyrider keep posting I can only say proudly I stand with you on alot of things 

A bit about NZ twi up to 2014 my knowledge

Has up to 50 faithful people alot of these are families with children

6 fellowships and 2 branches

90% fellowships are run in Auckland one in Hamilton

Very slow growth of people coming maybe one newbie who sticks around 6 months then disappears.Who can blame them?!

The mindset/goals is to witness! witness! Get them taking classes get them to advanced class level but make sure that they abs!!money money  or else get out!

Lots of talent within the group from musicians,lawyers,teachers,nurses etc. Just wish alot of those within the group would wake up and see the big hyprocisy lies and deception

90% of those who are in Auckland they are all mostly based in East Auckland $$$

The group of 50 have been almost the same since the new millenium.So you can see everyone is quite tightnit.Even though everyone is getting alot older now I know alot of time is not being spent as much as before 

NZ Twi has alot of small cliques same people hang out with same group of people eg. Household function, discos and even travel together.

Me and my mother speak I love her very much she knows that.We speak occasionally as she is my only real family.Sad part is you know she will be in it for life but I respect her wishes and she respects mine.Even though she says from time to time over the phone 'the door is still open' and I'm like no way I'm doing way better now and il be the first to slam that door on twi!

Oh well if you have any questions GSC posters fire away I'd be happy to reply

Cheers

• Upvote 3

Welcome to Grease Spot HigherGround30 !

Thanks for sharing your story. So funny you meeting someone who was in children of god cult – I find sometimes I can better process (whatever that means  ) an experience I’ve had when I check out how someone else is handling their own…maybe it’s just healing when we really connect with others – like on Grease Spot – not like the homogenized alternate world of cults.

Hopefully – down the road there may be some “hello again” with friends and families – and regrets over not saying proper goodbyes will fade away. A very strange thing happened to me the other day. My wife and I were looking over our DNA results from one of those ancestry services (verified none of my ancestors were from Krypton) and an old high school friend called. I turned off so many of my friends being the witnessing zealot that I was back then. He asked me if I was still in that “Christian thing”. I said “hell no” and told him I realized it was a cult and got out. I’m hoping he’ll share that with some of our old group of friends…we talked for over an hour and it was so sweet! And it meant a lot that he looked me up and he called me.

Is that your coffee mug? – bring it over here and I’ll get you a refill

Flight of the Conchords cup.jpg

• Upvote 2

Higherground, I am most interested in what you have to say about TWI-NZ.  I'd love to know where some people are, what they are doing now... There were some good folks and some real horror stories. 

If Allan is Public Enemy No.1, I might be No.2. 

Maybe we know each other, but probably not.  PM me, please :)

• Upvote 1

On 03/01/2017 at 1:06 PM, T-Bone said:

Welcome to Grease Spot HigherGround30 !

Thanks for sharing your story. So funny you meeting someone who was in children of god cult – I find sometimes I can better process (whatever that means  ) an experience I’ve had when I check out how someone else is handling their own…maybe it’s just healing when we really connect with others – like on Grease Spot – not like the homogenized alternate world of cults.

Hopefully – down the road there may be some “hello again” with friends and families – and regrets over not saying proper goodbyes will fade away. A very strange thing happened to me the other day. My wife and I were looking over our DNA results from one of those ancestry services (verified none of my ancestors were from Krypton) and an old high school friend called. I turned off so many of my friends being the witnessing zealot that I was back then. He asked me if I was still in that “Christian thing”. I said “hell no” and told him I realized it was a cult and got out. I’m hoping he’ll share that with some of our old group of friends…we talked for over an hour and it was so sweet! And it meant a lot that he looked me up and he called me.

Is that your coffee mug? – bring it over here and I’ll get you a refill

Flight of the Conchords cup.jpg

Thanks for the welcome TBONE

Like the mug and coffee

It was shocking to hear Emily story about c.o.g it was also warming to know that we had both had similar experiences.I had something in common with her and it was easy to relate.Greasepot cafe has also been a great platform as former members here like myself share our experiences with each other which is why I'm grateful to the admin Pawtucket and team

It has been 2 going on 3 years since I have been out.Oftentimes I think about friends still in twi as i took myself of social media.I'm learning block by block to put my life in order.Time does wonders and it goes by fast which is why I plan alot and prioritize

I'm glad you and high school friend were able to connect I get nostalgic thinking about my times and the good fun I had at high school

Anyways you take care I shall see around the cafe and anytime you need a refill mate I got ya 

12 hours ago, Twinky said:

Higherground, I am most interested in what you have to say about TWI-NZ.  I'd love to know where some people are, what they are doing now... There were some good folks and some real horror stories. 

If Allan is Public Enemy No.1, I might be No.2. 

Maybe we know each other, but probably not.  PM me, please :)

Thanks Twinky

Kia ora and thanks for welcome

Enemy number 2  look out now!!

In my opinion NZ twi is not really the best look it has turned more into a 'merry go round' same members ,same teachings, same agenda and much more.No growth no life no fun.Being under USa twi nz still has to go by standards set by usa and yes Twinky there are some good folks there but sadly with their blindfolds on

With all due respect to Allan I applaud him for exposing the evil hyprocisy he saw.He was such a target in the 90s the way did all they could to tarnish his name and legacy.Paint him as the bad guy.But as we all have seen and heard here or even some/most members have experienced,it doesn't matter if you have been standing on' the word' for 60 50 40 30 20 years your name and legacy will be spat on and hung out to dry the moment you do right and walk out.Meetings will be called ,you will be discussed about at fellowship and some lies will be fabricated about you the good you done will never be mentioned.Some stories I heard about members gone before me,legacy ripped apart not to be mentioned, photos containing that member to be thrown in bin not so much mark and avoid now but more subtle.Personally I don't care what was said about me I'm just grateful to be 'mentally free'

Coffees getting cold il pm you Twinky

12 hours ago, Twinky said:

• Upvote 1

Welcome higherground30 - your story is awesome.  It highlights so much of the human struggle all of us have gone through similarly getting out of the Way!!!!

NZ and Mij@l - met the guy a few times, outside the context of his little fiefdom.   Perfect epitome of The Way - whitewashed, normal looking on the outside, and sycophant Pharisee swinger on the inside.

One interesting twist there - in NZ unlike the US Trunk, the money all stayed in country.  Instead of a budget of 75% to HQ and 25% remain in area, 100% of all of those finances were controlled by the head sycophant Ad@ms.  So getting rid of all the non-ABS'ing people - that's a little different twist, but totally self-serving.  The "tithe purge".    It's hard to be a poor pastor surviving off a small congregation - need to get more mileage and moolah out of these folks.

So sorry for your fractured family ties at the moment, but am happy for your freedom.  Freedom is one thing that's totally worth the purchase price.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, chockfull said:

Welcome higherground30 - your story is awesome.  It highlights so much of the human struggle all of us have gone through similarly getting out of the Way!!!!

NZ and Mij@l - met the guy a few times, outside the context of his little fiefdom.   Perfect epitome of The Way - whitewashed, normal looking on the outside, and sycophant Pharisee swinger on the inside.

One interesting twist there - in NZ unlike the US Trunk, the money all stayed in country.  Instead of a budget of 75% to HQ and 25% remain in area, 100% of all of those finances were controlled by the head sycophant Ad@ms.  So getting rid of all the non-ABS'ing people - that's a little different twist, but totally self-serving.  The "tithe purge".    It's hard to be a poor pastor surviving off a small congregation - need to get more mileage and moolah out of these folks.

So sorry for your fractured family ties at the moment, but am happy for your freedom.  Freedom is one thing that's totally worth the purchase price.

Thanks Chockfull

Sure does good to be here at the cafe :drink:

Alot of what you are saying regarding finances are true.The big drive in nz twi is if people are not abs they should leave,not eligible to attend classes,not given err "special" privileges etc. .Tithe purge is still happening.I know Mice@l gets a new car every so often.He can thank his congregation for that latest car model :dance:

Give till it hurts they say

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. It is not easy to make the leap to leave something you knew practically your whole life. Once the leap is made, as you have seen, healing can begin. I wish you well in your new adventure. I heard SIT and interpretation OVER & OVER for years and years in my discontent where God promised: I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU. I WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU. This is confirmed by Scriptures. This is the truth. He loves you. He loves me. There is nothing we can do that will make Him love us less. There is nothing we can do to make Him love us more. God is LOVE. That's what he does,and  that is who He is. Happy New Year!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, higherground30 said:

(SNIP)... twi is not really the best look it has turned more into a 'merry go round' same members ,same teachings, same agenda and much more.No growth no life no fun.Being under USa twi nz still has to go by standards set by usa and yes Twinky there are some good folks there but sadly with their blindfolds on...(SNIP)

i think in general TWI has been running on automatic pilot for a long time...you automatically go to fellowships at the scheduled time....automatically give them your money ...blah, blah, blah, blah....automatically, of course :evilshades:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

i think in general TWI has been running on automatic pilot for a long time...you automatically go to fellowships at the scheduled time....automatically give them your money ...blah, blah, blah, blah....automatically, of course :evilshades:

BOOM!! :asdf:

Same old song alright Tbone

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2017 at 7:52 AM, higherground30 said:

First I'd like to thank Pawtucket and team for giving me the opportunity to share my story thank you and cheers

Background

Greetings all I'm a former member of twi New Zealand from the age of 4 to my exit at the age of 26.My accounts and events are from the years of 1992 to 2014.Currently living in Australia while my mother who is still an innie in NZ.

My story

Where it all begun was in 1992 I was 5years old and my mother had just been witnessed to by a team of two who were doing door to door.At the time twig as it was known then was 2mins up the road and I attended children's fellowship.Times were tough for me and my mother as her and my father were fighting as to why she all of sudden wanted to join this 'church' Long story short not long after my mother had taken PFAL my father and mother split and I was to stay with my mother and twi

Being an only child I was around twi children who I grew up and lived with as i progressed through the years.During the years I grew up idolising Martindale and Mice@l Adams Nz country coord to this day.I cringe at this thought now im more focused on wanting ti br a better me.I had plans to enter Way Corp, go way disciple heck I wanted to take twi all over Nz!

During the 90's I was able to witness alot of the purging that was going on I would see alot of people come and go and the part I would get confused at the time was the labels these people would get like 'he's possessed' she was not abundantly sharing enough she believed in the trinity this whole time blah blah.Sad part about it was I thought that I believed such lies about people who I once called uncle or aunt were now being marked and avoid at the time.Allan who I believe posts here on GSC is probably NZ twi enemy number one!he made such headway that leadership view him as a big threat know we we see why?! Allan kudos to you I stand with you brother:beer:

The new millenium brought a new change for me I was just starting high school and I knew I was starting to change personally.My friends would want to hang out with me but at times I would say sorry we were running a class in our home.Me and mother were actually staying with a gung ho couple who were sold out to twi we ran up 7 classes in 1 year went witnessing almost every week.Almost on a daily basis I was reproved or should I say reamed for small issues backed up spirtually of course!As a 15 year old I was being torn down by these branch coord who were loving sweet dovey dove publicly around other 'believers' but tyrants in private.After 4 long years living with this family me and mother decided to live apart and move into our own house.We had lived with 6 families in a span of 12 years talk about being unsettled at different schools all for the sake of moving the word in that area 'oh you should move near leadership' or that area is not 'spiritually clean' 

As 2006 approached I was headed for the advanced class all the way in USA Ohio.In my mind at the time I thought I was headed for the land that flowed with milk and honey! I was to find not soo true according to what I have seen and heard here.As a young 18 year old it was my first time out of NZ and I was very excited to see Hq.I came back pumped up and ready to take twi in NZ to the next level 

A couple of years later in 2008 me and a friend did the Advanced class special 2008, boy If leadership only knew what we got up to before we wouldve been reproved big time haha.During special I also fell asleep during one of Rosalies welcome speech!JYDL had shown disapproval at next morning breakfast. The guy next to me was not impressed  or room coordinator getting tired of waking us up in Founders hall poor guy! what can you do I was still adjusting to different time zones

As the years progressed I moved out of home and got into the real world.I still attended fellowship saw the same people, sang same songs, gave the same message in SIT and prophecy and yes it's true all the teachings are from the collaterals.Rinse,wash and repeat.As 2011 approached I was having alot of doubts and started to wonder if my heart was in it.My teachings were often corrected right after fellowship was told your messages are the same in SIT your abs is short as they record what you give or it is given as a donation  don't you want protection in your life?!The list goes on.. I found myself living in Trumans world

After venturing out on my own in 2012 I really got a taste of freedom in California but not before being told this person has fellowship etc.. you should go where the 'believers' are why don't you go to HQ?Deep down I said stuff that! I want to go see some chicky babes surf sand and sun it's California baby! I met a girl and really had a great time with her and pour ed my heart she had actually shared how her mother was part of the cult children of God and how she had split from it and how her life had changed for the better.I knew I wanted that freedom too.It wasnt until 2 years later till that day finally came. ..

It dawned on me that I wasn't getting any younger I was 25 and I said to myself can I continue doing something my heart wasn't into?can I still put 30 min of teachings together when I don't even believe what I'm saying!Do I want to be continually checked or am I spiritually fit as to why I wasn't at fellowship when I called/text to say I wasn't coming? did I have to scrape my last monies just so I could reach the ABS amount without being screened or questioned.Many more...these thoughts battled me until December 2013 when I decided I wanted to be free

I remember waiting anxiously shaking like I was about to be executed waiting to tell my mother I wanted to leave the ministry.I remember her saying you know what the Devil is going to take you down!She was bawling her eyes out and yelling (twi programs and indoctrinates this kind of thinking) and I thought she was right as this was all I had known since a 5 year old.My mother had made the phone call on my behalf to Mice@l and he said I have the 'spirit of leviathan' and that I should go over dta syllabus and offered to pay 'a visit' in case any of you don't know dta is defearing the adversary class.I knew amongst all the fear,anxiety and stress I was not to going to participate I was sticking to my guns!After a couple of days I was in shock of what I had done.I truly believed at the time I was going to be killed because I had walked out of the 'household' It took me about a year a trip to Thailand and being out in the real world to realise hey I'm not that 'possessed or out to lunch as I have been labeled.Realising now that I was only programmed brainwashed to believe that the way was the only true place to be

My biggest regret was not saying goodbye properly to all those friends and families I grew up with.There are some great people in the NZ twi.Know I did what was best for me and I can honestly say the grass is greener on the other side! !!:wave:

I could share more on NZ side of things if any one would like to know more or you could private msg it is totally up to you!

Oh btw the coffee in this cafe is awesome!

Cheers from Straya 

D

Straya, interesting history you have!  It's good to have you here!

On 1/2/2017 at 5:51 PM, higherground30 said:

Thanks Waysider!

Skyrider

Thanks I was moved by alot of your posts I can only sympathise with you and can only imagine what you and your family went through during your time with twi. My other regret was not leaving soon enough but I had so much fear thanks to the twi brainwashing techniques used by twi.I too also lost spent time with my grandparents who called out twi for calling it a cult when they found out their oldest grandson was not allowed to stay with them.At the time my grandad had even called authorities on twi.Mice@l and other 'hierarchy' even went around their house to try and intimidate my grandparents!! But you know I try and put the past behind me as I only get bitter and think how good I have it now.Soo skyrider keep posting I can only say proudly I stand with you on alot of things 

A bit about NZ twi up to 2014 my knowledge

Has up to 50 faithful people alot of these are families with children

6 fellowships and 2 branches

90% fellowships are run in Auckland one in Hamilton

Very slow growth of people coming maybe one newbie who sticks around 6 months then disappears.Who can blame them?!

The mindset/goals is to witness! witness! Get them taking classes get them to advanced class level but make sure that they abs!!money money  or else get out!

Lots of talent within the group from musicians,lawyers,teachers,nurses etc. Just wish alot of those within the group would wake up and see the big hyprocisy lies and deception

90% of those who are in Auckland they are all mostly based in East Auckland $$$

The group of 50 have been almost the same since the new millenium.So you can see everyone is quite tightnit.Even though everyone is getting alot older now I know alot of time is not being spent as much as before 

NZ Twi has alot of small cliques same people hang out with same group of people eg. Household function, discos and even travel together.

Me and my mother speak I love her very much she knows that.We speak occasionally as she is my only real family.Sad part is you know she will be in it for life but I respect her wishes and she respects mine.Even though she says from time to time over the phone 'the door is still open' and I'm like no way I'm doing way better now and il be the first to slam that door on twi!

Oh well if you have any questions GSC posters fire away I'd be happy to reply

Cheers

Hi!  I am surprised that NZ has that many followers!! For TWI, it is always about the money!!