GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival and Restoration

OldSkool

They disbanded, if I got it correctly. You have to wonder how long it would take for them to realize there's no "revival" or "restoration" of an organization possible, nothing in the Bible talks about that. People, yes. The Body of Christ, the Church, sure. Israel, God's people, yes.

God didn't issue a 200 year warranty on the Way Nash, Inc. There's no guarantee "it" will survive. It doesn't have to. It hasn't, and it appears it won't. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, So_crates said:

how do you build a fountain of living waters based on water drawn from a poisoned well?

A poisoned well?  Or a cracked and broken cistern?

I'm inclined to think the former.  A well that keeps on supplying, but ruins all it comes into contact with. 

Doesn't seem like a cistern that is going to run out of water (poisoned or otherwise) any time soon, unfortunately.  Contents still trickling out, but enough remaining that people still try to drink.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, socks said:

They disbanded, if I got it correctly. You have to wonder how long it would take for them to realize there's no "revival" or "restoration" of an organization possible, nothing in the Bible talks about that. People, yes. The Body of Christ, the Church, sure. Israel, God's people, yes.

God didn't issue a 200 year warranty on the Way Nash, Inc. There's no guarantee "it" will survive. It doesn't have to. It hasn't, and it appears it won't. 

Well I mean eventually you would think the flock would get the hint.  Those at HQ want to construct their own little city and live blissfully with their own little vision of being a "worldwide ministry".  They don't want to actually interact with the flock though.  Nobody travels to see people, nobody has personal contact - the Way ministry is all run through classes, teaching or lesson plans and weekly phone calls.   Talk at people consistently, never listen to them, and stubbornly persist ahead with a organizational plan and a thick head.  Get those butts in chairs listening to content and get them out knocking on doors getting more people in chairs to listen to content.

These "revivalists" are really nothing more than the public Exodus of Boob plus a few friends.   Hopefully their video will show a few what's up and inspire leaving.  However, I note the highest ranking individual in the video in the Way organization being restricted from disclosing any details due to the fear of prosecution over a signed NDA as an officer of the Way.  So I highly doubt that even with their best intentions they are going to affect very many at all under the Way's clutches.

Just like Mark Twain's classic novels on Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, now that the fence is whitewashed, it's time to relax and float down the river.

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Twinky said:

A poisoned well?  Or a cracked and broken cistern?

I'm inclined to think the former.  A well that keeps on supplying, but ruins all it comes into contact with. 

Doesn't seem like a cistern that is going to run out of water (poisoned or otherwise) any time soon, unfortunately.  Contents still trickling out, but enough remaining that people still try to drink.

I'm thinking a poisoned well because of all the lies Saint Vic et al perpetrated. The Word as its presented by The Way is poison, as it kills the soul. 

The whole ministry is not based on providing means of salvation, as it claims, its based on filling whoevers in power's belly: First Saint Vic, then LCM, then RR. The faces change, but the purpose remains the same: to fulfill their lusts. In my book, that's not only a broken cistern, that's poisoning the water.

And, like drawing water from a well, the assorted spin off groups are attempting to package this tainted water as new and improved spring water that will refresh your soul and quench your thirst.

Edited by So_crates
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Soc, I grew up on a farm.  One thing I learned is that Cow S--t is Cow S--t, no matter how it is packaged.

Or as I'm fond of saying, "I'm not a country boy, but that doesn't mean I don't know horse manure when I step in it."

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2017 at 1:38 PM, Watered Garden said:

".......1.  I quit believing the words of D**id M*l*ner: "If you are separated from the Household of The Way, whether of your own volition or whether we men of God get together and decide you are no longer worth of the privilege of fellowshipping with us, AT THAT VERY MOMENT (all caps mine) the spirit within you dies, and shortly thereafter your physical body shall die also, BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO EXIST OUTSIDE THE HOUSEHOLD OF HOLINESS!"...."

The sheer arrogance and delusion expressed in the quote cited is beyond my comprehension. Also pretty hilarious to me because I have had a waaaaaay better life for the 22 years I have been out of TWI than I ever had for 20 years in it.

Edited by Kathy Niclaus
Punctuation
  • Upvote 1

The sheer arrogance and delusion expressed in the quote cited is beyond my comprehension. Also pretty hilarious to me because I have had a waaaaaay better life for the 22 years I have been out of TWI than I ever had for 20 years in it.

Kathy, we would all agree with you in that sentiment.  In fact, almost any life is better than the drudgery and crushing guilt of TWI.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Twinky said:

Kathy, we would all agree with you in that sentiment.  In fact, almost any life is better than the drudgery and crushing guilt of TWI.

Totally agreed.  Actually my life didn't start getting better until I dumped that po-dunk egotistical bunch of sycophants known as Way International leadership.  Once I separated myself from them, things started looking up.  It did take me a while to stop waiting for the other shoe to drop with consequences of leaving.    I'm actually still waiting to see consequences of leaving.  I guess I lost a bunch of fake friends.  That's OK.  They were fake friends.  The new ones I have now are real.

• Upvote 1

Well..........it looks like I missed Oldskool's post in August concerning this face-plant group.

Therefore, my comments are in red.......inserted for translation.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:40 PM, OldSkool said:

Ok, received this letter via email from a rnr insider.

Dear Beloved of God,
We are aware this closed Facebook group, “Revival and Restoration,” has become a safe haven for
some. For others perhaps, a place to debate. Many have been awaiting information concerning, "What
are our next steps?” This entry is humbly put forth to provide answers for this question.

......oh yeah, people are lining up all across the country waiting breathlessly for YOUR next steps.  :biglaugh:

After much prayer, time in the Word, heart searching, and full-sharing discussion among those who
originally undertook this mission, we have determined that we will no longer focus on reviving and
restoring The Way International.

......No longer focus on reviving and restoring The Way International?  What took you so long?

• 30 YEARS too late.........
  • So now.....you guys want to start your own splinter group with waybrain clichés?
  • Even people in splinter groups.....have NOW left the splinter groups

We instead are choosing to continue to function in our gifts and calling
of God, which are irrevocable (Romans 11:29 NIV). This means that many of us are now functioning
independent of The Way International, ......OMG, you FINALLY figured this out ?!?!

while others may still be moving in and out among the disciples ......the cult

who fellowship with The Way International. All of us have resolved in our hearts that our focus is on God
first and walking in our freedom in Christ.
This year has been a year of deliverance and growth for all of us. We have seen God’s Word more alive
in our personal lives and in the lives of many others who have shared our passion. We have also seen,
more clearly, that God does not divide the One Body into small portions such as Baptists, Roman
Catholics, Methodists, Lutherans, or followers of The Way International.

......Okay, Okay.........tell us something that we don't already know!! 

• Pathetic arrogance.....
  • Will you keep walking away from the twit-cult.......or start another one?
  • Before you keep preaching about "not dividing"........are you going to divide into ANOTHER SPLINTER?
  • Yeah............THAT is what I thought.

Instead, He sees sons and
daughters of His. We do not want to build fences, separating “us” from “them.” We have shaken the
dust off our feet and anticipate moving ahead with vigor, teaching and training according to Colossians
1:27 through 29 and focusing on local fellowships as Acts patterns.
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the
Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
28 Whom we preach [kataggellō], warning [noutheteō] every man, and teaching every man in all
wisdom; that we may present every man perfect [mature] in Christ Jesus:
29 Whereunto I (we) also labour striving [agōnizomai] according to his working, which worketh in me
(us) mightily.
We have no desire to exclude anyone,  ......because WE WANT YOUR MONEY TO BUILD OUR CULT

including those who still fellowship with The Way International or
for that matter, any Christian who feels benefitted by the teachings we are providing.

.......THERE YOU HAVE IT......"the teachings we are providing"

Gawd..........it so drips with arrogance.  Self-anointing to lead the serfs......

In Acts 19, Paul
reached a point where, in order to answer God’s call, he had to separate from those who rejected his
ministry and move forward with those who earnestly desired his ministry. (II Corinthians 4:5) We are
grateful for the mutual believing that is helping us to realize revival and restoration is not about man’s
“fences,” but rather about God’s people loving Him and each other with Christ as the head.
With love and respect,

:jump:

• Upvote 3

Skyrider,

I love your comments in red - isn’t it fascinating how all “rogue” diehard way-mindset folks are vying for a piece of the cult-pie...and I wonder what drives it...just thinking out loud here - a desire for doctrinal “purity” ...desire for financial gain...a chance for one’s own ego trip...

What would all these offshoots look like on a pie chart? Adapting the image below - other than the variations in color (which could represent particular preferences for certain way-doctrine/practice ) I think the most critical thing is the size of the slice - which translates to more money for the leaders of each particular group...sadly - all the slices are still a part of this one vicious circle of cultdom.

And perhaps the only revision I would offer for the image I borrowed below - I would say all the slices are  new (offshoots) save for the biggest blue slice - representing The Way International.

p3k6o.png

Edited by T-Bone
Accuracy
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking into the Revival & Restoration group since May of this year, both on their FB page and their web site, and I personally know a few that are directly involved, some from the beginning.  Most of these people were so heavily entrenched in the mechanism of TWI that it took until recently (I believe it was 2 years ago) for them to begin seriously confronting the BOD, resulting in many of them being ostracized by the BOD, calling them "Mark and Avoid", as if that is a physical condition.  Many were told to not return to a fellowship at all.

I have also seen that many of these former leaders in TWI have acknowledged their own wrongdoing, and apologized for that, and have been forgiven by some that were impacted.  My take on it is that they were so blinded that it took many years for the crap in their lap to begin to stink.  But it finally did, and they woke from their slumber.

They have made three things abundantly clear: they just want to teach the Word, they want to help anyone who wants to free themselves from the spiritual prisons they may have gotten entangled in from TWI, and they don't want anyone's money.  In fact, they have explained that our own abundant sharing should go to where we see fit, but NOT to them.

Surely it is easy to criticize them for their past actions, but are they not entitled to forgiveness?  I also notice the donation button here on the boards - R&R doesn't have one of those.  It is a bit hypocritical to criticize them for something that this group is doing.  So far, they are the purest form of Christian group I have ever seen, simply teaching anyone that wants to hear.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:13 AM, chockfull said:

They don't want to actually interact with the flock though.  Nobody travels to see people, nobody has personal contact - the Way ministry is all run through classes, teaching or lesson plans and weekly phone calls.   Talk at people consistently, never listen to them, and stubbornly persist ahead with a organizational plan and a thick head.  Get those butts in chairs listening to content and get them out knocking on doors getting more people in chairs to listen to content.

Chockfull, you are absolutely correct.  That is exactly how it is today, and people in my area of NY are getting really tired of it, and some have left because of it.  I don't know if you're still involved with them - I am - and they have driven many away.  I am not wholeheartedly supportive or involved, but I do enjoy the teachings in my fellowship.  Interestingly, the teachings from my fellowship coordinator are meatier than what comes from TWI headquarters on Sundays.  That's sad, actually.

• Upvote 1

On 12/12/2017 at 12:55 AM, socks said:

socks, they have not disbanded, they have shifted direction.  They did realize, grudgingly, that there is no restoration of TWI when the BOD isn't interested in listening to what they have to say.  So the R&R group just teaches.  There is no more mention of restoration.

13 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

I have been looking into the Revival & Restoration group since May of this year, both on their FB page and their web site, and I personally know a few that are directly involved, some from the beginning.  Most of these people were so heavily entrenched in the mechanism of TWI that it took until recently (I believe it was 2 years ago) for them to begin seriously confronting the BOD, resulting in many of them being ostracized by the BOD, calling them "Mark and Avoid", as if that is a physical condition.  Many were told to not return to a fellowship at all.

I have also seen that many of these former leaders in TWI have acknowledged their own wrongdoing, and apologized for that, and have been forgiven by some that were impacted.  My take on it is that they were so blinded that it took many years for the crap in their lap to begin to stink.  But it finally did, and they woke from their slumber.

They have made three things abundantly clear: they just want to teach the Word, they want to help anyone who wants to free themselves from the spiritual prisons they may have gotten entangled in from TWI, and they don't want anyone's money.  In fact, they have explained that our own abundant sharing should go to where we see fit, but NOT to them.

Surely it is easy to criticize them for their past actions, but are they not entitled to forgiveness?  I also notice the donation button here on the boards - R&R doesn't have one of those.  It is a bit hypocritical to criticize them for something that this group is doing.  So far, they are the purest form of Christian group I have ever seen, simply teaching anyone that wants to hear.

Welcome Taxidev.........coffee will be served to you promptly.

GreaseSpot Café is a unique place........its doors opened shortly after the Waydale site closed [in agreement with court settlement regarding LCM/TWI]. 

For nearly 19 years, many have been giving free advice/counsel to anyone trying to extricate themselves from twi and/or waybrain.  Even though many left twi decades ago, the "waybrain effect" lingers on......until eradicated by strengthening one's critical thinking skills and exposing twi's dark underbelly.  There is a doctrinal forum if you want to dive deep into some of those discussions.

Stick around.........the coffee is hot. 

37 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

socks, they have not disbanded, they have shifted direction.  They did realize, grudgingly, that there is no restoration of TWI when the BOD isn't interested in listening to what they have to say.  So the R&R group just teaches.  There is no more mention of restoration.

Taxi, R&R just teaches?  I find that very interesting.  I know very little about the group.  Where do they teach?  Do they teach in one area, or do they teach in various parts of the country?  

58 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

Chockfull, you are absolutely correct.  That is exactly how it is today, and people in my area of NY are getting really tired of it, and some have left because of it.  I don't know if you're still involved with them - I am - and they have driven many away.  I am not wholeheartedly supportive or involved, but I do enjoy the teachings in my fellowship.  Interestingly, the teachings from my fellowship coordinator are meatier than what comes from TWI headquarters on Sundays.  That's sad, actually.

Taxidev.......I hate to break it to you, but I've heard this SAME SENTIMENT since 1976. 

People came/come to fellowship, because of the social element as well........love, compassion, concern, kindness, etc. from caring leaders. 

Personally, I believe THIS is what made twi grow exponentially.......genuine, good-hearted people helping, serving and teaching others.  All of legalistic mandates and pontificating at the bureaucratic-glut of "headquarters" was to feed wierwille's narcissism

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

Well, of course.........no more mention of restoration.  These guys were kicked out of twi.

You can't "restore" when you're not allowed in the door.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Welcome to Grease Spot, Taxidev hope you stick around awhile to check out the wealth of information here.

You bring up the mechanisms of TWI - and I was wondering why you seem to ignore questioning or analyzing “the word” that is taught by TWI and R&R. Are you familiar with the lack of qualifications and gross plagiarism of TWI’s “teachers” all the way back to wierwille?

You mentioned hypocrisy with Grease Spot over donations...I am curious as to what basis the followers of R&R group receive money and distributes it as they see fit. What is the biblical basis ? Are they transparent in where the money goes? Is there overhead or salaries that it all goes to?

Another thing about hypocrisy- setting aside the intellectual and academic deficiencies of way-doctrine...I believe the moral shortcomings (hypocrisy) of TWI’s top leadership is an even bigger issue. The general public of Way followers don’t see the double-standard in play, but as one who has gone through the way corps leadership training program I can attest to how top leadership inculcates a hypocritical attitude in the leaders-in-training.

I know it’s a lot to throw at you. But stick around...mull things over...think outside the box.

11 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Taxi, R&R just teaches?  I find that very interesting.  I know very little about the group.  Where do they teach?  Do they teach in one area, or do they teach in various parts of the country?

There are a good number of teachings on their FB page, and they also have a web site with chronological recorded teachings.  I'm currently up to April of this year, having started at the beginning, Aug of last year.  They also conduct a massive get together in Florida - there is one this February, but I can't make it.  It would have been my first.  They also had one this past November, also in Florida.  They seem to like the warm weather. :)

Everything they do is free.  I'm guessing they took to heart what Jesus Christ said, freely you've received, freely give.

11 hours ago, skyrider said:

All of legalistic mandates and pontificating at the bureaucratic-glut of "headquarters" was to feed wierwille's narcissism

sky, if you think it was bad before, you should see it now.  They are inches away from being equal to the Roman Catholic Church.  Don't dare question Rosalie, you'll be excommunicated.

10 hours ago, skyrider said:

You can't "restore" when you're not allowed in the door.

Actually, many were still involved, and were going to be leaving if they couldn't make any progress.  They didn't, so they left.  It's sad, really.  But it reminds me of the Martin Luther story.