GreaseSpot Cafe

How To Start A Cult Properly

chockfull

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

funny...and so true

great points Junior CS & Waysider...i guess to add specificity to this thread it could inform folks how to start an abusive cult properly...and that's the difference - between something that is bad for you and  something that enhances your life....is it parasitic or is it beneficial? does it exploit your life / resources or does it add / improve the quality of your life / resources?

that's another thing about trolling for candidates for your next class - you are told not to waste your time with people who don't want to or can't cough up money for the class...imagine if TWI would have said if you're not completely satisfied with the results from taking our class - we'll give you your money back....or a new student using the strategy of Wimpy on Popeye - I'll gladly pay you for the class after I become prosperous from all the benefits I'll receive from the class.

I guess I wouldn’t use the word “cult” if it were a positive thing. But I hear you. 

On 5/11/2017 at 1:30 PM, chockfull said:

Hello all.  With everything that is going on, it seems like there is an ongoing need in the household of Godbody of Christ, group of disgruntled ex-way people.

We want to leave a cult, but we are too brainwashed by the cult to collaborate with other human beings with similar interests like the Bible, God, and Christianity.  Because it is way too hard to communicate with folks like this and peddle our influence, we really need to stick to folks that are similarly brainwashed to ourselves.  So, the only logical conclusion left is we need to start our own cult.  

For all the people like this, I am starting this thread.

I would like to be in your cult.  Can we meet at the GSC. I was brainwashed for 10 years, by TWI so I know all about cults.

• Upvote 1

Excerpt from The Cult Starter Kit

Crash-course in personality make-over: become that charming narcissistic megalomaniac that you’ve always wanted to be!

Always remember: things are to be used and people are to be loved for how you can use them.

On 5/15/2017 at 0:01 PM, T-Bone said:

Excerpt from The Cult Starter Kit

Crash-course in personality make-over: become that charming narcissistic megalomaniac that you’ve always wanted to be!

Always remember: things are to be used and people are to be loved for how you can use them.

Let's get started!  But, I handle all the money!!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Let's get started!  But, I handle all the money!!

ok - but remember you'll have to abundantly share 99.99% of all you rake in to the cult leader or god (aka cult leader) won't even spit in your direction.

whaaaaa...??? we haven't even had our first Racket of the Ages festival yet...hmmmm....ok...fine....be that way...

...guess I'll go with plan B - -  and start my own splinter group Revival and Regurgitation.

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Gee, Skyrider, I think you may have learned some things about money during your time in TWI!  Seriously, if I was going to start my own cult, I think it would be a good idea to have 2 or 3 people count it before it was handed over.

Sounds about right. :spy:

• Upvote 1

Most churches have at least two people counting the collection and opening the donation envelopes.  To double check the money - and to double-check each other.  In larger churches more people would be required. 

Of course, all TWI needed was a shovel to park it straight into the coffers.

Can't speak for offshoots.  Hopefully they are on a better footing... CFFM probably is, can't speak for any others.

36 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Most churches have at least two people counting the collection and opening the donation envelopes.  To double check the money - and to double-check each other.  In larger churches more people would be required. 

Ahh, but here's the rub. In Way World, having such thoughts would be considered thinking evil of your brother, a sign of spiritual weakness and unrenewed mind. You wouldn't want anyone to think you're spiritually weak, now, would you?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Of course, all TWI needed was a shovel to park it straight into the coffers.

Can't speak for offshoots.  Hopefully they are on a better footing... CFFM probably is, can't speak for any others.

I can. The fellowship I attend is part of the St. Louis Bible Fellowship. I've been told that back in the 80s 85% of abs went to hq and 15% stayed in the limb. We do the opposite. In 2006 there were a bad series of storms here and we were without electricity for 8 days. It happened in July when the temp was 100 degrees or so. Pretty much everybody on our block had to waste food. Some of us had freezers full of food. What do you suppose it smelled like with all those trash dumpsters at the curb. We spent 5 of the 8 nights in motels. We also received a check for several hundred dollars taken out of abs. I'm guessing we weren't the only believers who got that. Never got anything like that from twi. There are places in scripture where believers helped other believers in need. (Acts6:1-6, Acts11:27-30)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, johniam said:

I can. The fellowship I attend is part of the St. Louis Bible Fellowship. I've been told that back in the 80s 85% of abs went to hq and 15% stayed in the limb. We do the opposite. In 2006 there were a bad series of storms here and we were without electricity for 8 days. It happened in July when the temp was 100 degrees or so. Pretty much everybody on our block had to waste food. Some of us had freezers full of food. What do you suppose it smelled like with all those trash dumpsters at the curb. We spent 5 of the 8 nights in motels. We also received a check for several hundred dollars taken out of abs. I'm guessing we weren't the only believers who got that. Never got anything like that from twi. There are places in scripture where believers helped other believers in need. (Acts6:1-6, Acts11:27-30)

Pretty cool illustration of how donations should be used to help meet peoples needs.

I was in twi from 1996 to 2008. ANY and ALL donations went to HQ. Money needed within the regions was allocated by HQ and sparingly at that. Twi hoards money for the sheer greed of it. Barely any monetary compensation is sent to non-salaried way corps to cover expenses incurred while doing ministry business. Those who ask for money are heavily discouraged from doing so by their limb or region leadrship. The bone heads running the show at HQ figure theyve taught people how to fish instead of giving them the fish they need. Law of believing / tithing /abs / plurality giving. Sink or swim in other words. The Way International is highly reprobate when it comes to using donations to help those in need.

• Upvote 2

Really good to hear that, Johniam.

Is St. Louis Bible Fellowship an offshoot of TWI? Or some completely independent organization with never any link with TWI? A quick look at its website suggests not.

18 hours ago, Twinky said:

Really good to hear that, Johniam.

Is St. Louis Bible Fellowship an offshoot of TWI? Or some completely independent organization with never any link with TWI? A quick look at its website suggests not.

It's affiliated with Chris Geer. The whole scene is a lot less invasive than twi was (especially the last 5 yrs I was in twi (89-94))

2 hours ago, johniam said:

It's affiliated with Chris Geer. The whole scene is a lot less invasive than twi was (especially the last 5 yrs I was in twi (89-94))

So johniam.  Would you say that Chris Geer has changed from all of the depravity of his past?  I would have a really hard time trying to see how this wasn't putting new wine in old wineskins.  I don't see how a man who served as a complete VPW yes-man, including playing a part in the sexual abuse of young women, and then doing a power grab like he did, is a genuine Christian minister.  

While I am thankful there are Christian fellowships out there who take care of each other like you described with your fellowship's finances in an emergency, I do not support or condone the enablement of sycophants placing themselves at the top of a hierarchy of a new cult.  And if teachings, research, works are based upon VPW, it is definitely a new cult. 

• Upvote 1

TLC, I found this by just putting the name Johniam quoted in Google search box: http://stlouisbiblefellowship.net/

But I suspect it might be some other organization.  Doesn't look Geerite.

Johniam - I'd really have doubts about hanging out with a Geerite group.  After the ***disgusting*** and belittling way he treated the European believers when he'd been exiled out of the USA, and the devastation that he caused at HQ, I simply do not think the man can be trusted.  His ego is so huge that ... well, faith can move mountains.  But it doesn't move CG.  His ego must be much bigger than a mountain.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Twinky said:

TLC, I found this by just putting the name Johniam quoted in Google search box: http://stlouisbiblefellowship.net/

But I suspect it might be some other organization.  Doesn't look Geerite.

Yeah, not a snowball's chance in H.

(from that site...)

The Godhead

There is One God, manifested in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26 ; Deuteronomy 6:4 ; Isaiah 48:16 ; Mark 1:10-11 ; John 1:1 , John 1:14 ; Colossians 1:15-19 , Colossians 2:9 ).

The Person of Christ

Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man (Luke 1:35 ; Romans 1:3-4 ).

Affiliations

Our church is affiliated with these organizations

St. Louis Theological Seminary (STLTS)
The purpose of St. Louis Theological Seminary and Bible College is to provide religious education and to train men and women for ministry service.

Grace Gospel Fellowship (GGF)
GGf exists to serve & help our churches & Pastors.

Children's Relief Mission (CRM)
(CRM) exists for the sake of children in need, in many places, under every circumstance.

Lost and Found
Lost and Found, INC. serves the nation in Christian ministry by providing prevention, intervention, and treatment resources to the individual, family, and youth.

Missouri Association for Creation (M.A.C.)
M.A.C. was founded in 1972 by two graduate students at the University of Missouri in Columbia. These students felt a need to establish a forum from which they could critically examine the scientific evidence as it pertains to the origin of the Cosmos in general and living organisms in particular.
Edited by TLC

The Facebook page is here:https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Louis-Bible-Fellowship/118451138168054?_fb_noscript=1

It's got all the familiar buzzwords, guaranteed to trigger PTSD.   It has a link to a separate website- which is to an expired domain someone's cybersquatting on.  Nobody has updated their Facebook page to reflect their current URL.

The current URL off Facebook is

http://www.stlouistheologicalseminary.org/index.php

It's well-phrased, and should NOT trigger PTSD.  Furthermore, it's got notices that their school won't tolerate plagiarism, and gives some examples of 2 categories of plagiarism. I think someone's learned something, at any rate.  If we take this site as 100% truthful, it's come a longer way than the people posting to their Facebook page-who sound like they just came out of a twi class.

1 hour ago, TLC said:

Yeah, not a snowball's chance in H.

(from that site...)

The Godhead

There is One God, manifested in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26 ; Deuteronomy 6:4 ; Isaiah 48:16 ; Mark 1:10-11 ; John 1:1 , John 1:14 ; Colossians 1:15-19 , Colossians 2:9 ).

etc etc etc....

Quite, TLC.  Unless CG has really changed his spots.

Only Johniam can really tell us what organization it is that he attends.