GreaseSpot Cafe

Treasures in Heaven

In February 1980 I was at “Weekend in the Word” in Philadelphia. If memory serves, it was on Sunday, February 24, that Dr. Wierwille taught, “God’s Dream of the Ages: The Royal Household of God.” Being raised Roman Catholic I had never seen or heard anything like this.

I left The Way in 1995.

On February 24, 2000 God intervened in my life, and that started six straight weeks of supernatural events. It ended April 6, almost to the minute it first started. I have been researching and writing ever since.

Recently, I published a book, Treasures in Heaven. The entire book is published on my site – www.thetimeline.org – and is free. To give you a feel for the book, I have provided a section from the Prologue:

“This book is about seeing our lives—and our future life—through His [Christ’s] invitation: “store up for yourselves treasures in Heaven.”

With this invitation we are “asked” to answer relevant questions.

Why did Christ give us this invitation?

What are treasures in Heaven?

How do we store them up?

Throughout the entire New Testament, Christ the King revealed the glory of Heaven’s treasures, and this is what He presented: To store up treasures in Heaven is to seize the moment in the “here and now,” and it is to receive all that Heaven has to bestow in the “hereafter.” He also revealed this: Storing up treasures is not about chasing after a pot of gold; it is about a transformation of the “eyes.” Christ presented Heaven’s treasures to transform what we see. If we step out the door and see treasures in Heaven, it is clear we have accepted His invitation.”

The Epilogue puts Heaven’s treasures in perspective by looking at the chronological order of end-time events as presented in Revelation. Finally, “The End” addresses recent scientific evidence, theory, and divine revelation in the Old and New Testaments. This section is designed for atheists, agnostics, and believers.

revvel

Hi TLC,

I am pleased to respond to your question, but would prefer to have the exchange via email. As you have been to my site, stop by, and drop a line.  

Separate from your question, in the book I add to the subject by quoting Bob Dylan. Chapter 1 opens with the following:

"Recently, I was reading an interview given by Bob Dylan (who embraced Jesus as his Lord, and sang about being “saved by the blood of the Lamb”5). Dylan said, “I knew Jimi Hendrix. I knew Janis Joplin. If they knew then what I know now, they’d still be here.”We lost Hendrix and Joplin much too soon. Each didn’t know what they didn’t know. That’s just it: We don’t know what we don’t know, and if what we don’t know is the truth, that’s tragic." 

Note: “saved by the blood of the Lamb” is from Dylan’s 1980 album, “Saved.”

revvel

I appreciate you offering your thoughts for free and not for sale. However, I am curious about the same thing TLC asked, and am a little curious why you can't even make a general statement here.   I'm more interested in actually reading your stuff if I have a sense of where it's going first-or at least what possibly new ideas or new perspectives I might encounter should I visit.  I'm not afraid of new ideas, but if I'm going to make a time-investment, I'd like to base that decision on a little more data. 

12 hours ago, revvel said:

Hi TLC,

I am pleased to respond to your question, but would prefer to have the exchange via email. As you have been to my site, stop by, and drop a line.  

Separate from your question, in the book I add to the subject by quoting Bob Dylan. Chapter 1 opens with the following:

"Recently, I was reading an interview given by Bob Dylan (who embraced Jesus as his Lord, and sang about being “saved by the blood of the Lamb”5). Dylan said, “I knew Jimi Hendrix. I knew Janis Joplin. If they knew then what I know now, they’d still be here.”We lost Hendrix and Joplin much too soon. Each didn’t know what they didn’t know. That’s just it: We don’t know what we don’t know, and if what we don’t know is the truth, that’s tragic." 

Note: “saved by the blood of the Lamb” is from Dylan’s 1980 album, “Saved.”

revvel

If you truly are genuinely interested and/or pleased to address the question (not simply "respond" to it), and are only at ease doing it privately, then please use the private message system here at GS. (However, it appears that I am not the only one interested.)  Knowing a little of how God can (and has in the past) work(ed), the same (or very similar) "new" thought on a particular matter might surface in a number of people quite independently (even though not simultaneously), and there's really isn't much of any way to consider the possibility of that without asking what you might think is original in what you've written.

(Thought perhaps if I explained why I asked what I did, it would stir a different, more educational, response from you.)

As a side note, I'd be surprised if most here are unfamiliar with Dylan, Hendrix, or Joplin. But quite frankly, I don't get why you think the addition of his name to the subject enhances it any.  

TLC & WordWolf: Thanks for the prompt.

Allow me to elaborate.

I wanted this thread to create awareness about treasures in Heaven via Treasures in Heaven. If someone cared to respond to His words on this thread, wonderful. 

TLC: I actually am pleased to address your question. It's not that I don't want an audience, but rather I wanted to adhere to my intent for the thread. 

TLC & WordWolf: In response your posts, I will start a new thread that has a very different intent: "A Revelation." 

Regarding Dylan, I posted it because I like his quote. And yes, friends of mine had no idea Dylan is born again and produced an album such as "Saved." It's awareness... that provoked thought.

revvel

Although it's possible to get insight anywhere, I would think Bob would be a bit more likely to spark Christian insight because he IS a Christian. That being said, that's no guarantee he would produce insight or correct insight, but I would think that his thoughts would range far afield from mine, since, as a musician, he sees the world very differently than myself or even most non-musicians.  (Hey, comic book geek Christians can sometimes come up with other insights, no surprise when something obvious to one is strange and foreign to another.   So, Dylan might bring something new to the table here.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, revvel said:

TLC & WordWolf: In response your posts, I will start a new thread that has a very different intent: "A Revelation." 

On this site, or somewhere else?

Hi WordWolf,

Thanks for your thoughts on Dylan. I thought I'd provide the lyrics for His title song, "Saved." 

As stated in the lyrics, "He bought me with a price." This is connected with treasures in Heaven, for, upon entering Christ's kingdom, treasures are simultaneously stored up in the form of our inheritance. That's Chapter 6 of Treasures in Heaven.

Great words by Dylan:

I was blinded by the devil,
Born already ruined,
Stone-cold dead
As I stepped out of the womb.
By His grace I have been touched,
By His word I have been healed,
By His hand I've been delivered,
By His spirit I've been sealed.
I've been saved
By the blood of the lamb,
Saved