• Announcements

• GT

With the upgrade there is no longer separate login ids and display names.  Your login ID is now your display name.
    • pawtucket

Document Section   08/11/2016

With the upgrade to the new server, we ran into problems with the software managing the document section.  While this is being remedied, the domain is redirected to the forums. 

56 posts in this topic

watching the Patrick H video by the link Thor posted did nothing for me…besides the video link that Bolshevik posted there’s lots of info online that talk about ancient builders’ methods for such projects – one article even made some comment along the lines of saying some “documentary” type shows often come from someone who knows more about how to get a sensational program on NOVA rather than having any expertise in building technology.

Another thing I don’t agree with is Heron’s suggestion that Isaiah 19 is speaking of the pyramids of Egypt. Besides the passage probably being prophetic - temple design in the Old Testament does not incorporate pyramid shapes. And when he suggests the New Jerusalem might actually be a pyramid also – I think that is ridiculous! Besides being foreign to any familiar designs of ancient Israel – a pyramid design would also eliminate a lot of cubic-foot living space for inhabitants – if you change the design from a cube or rectangle to a pyramid shape.

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

watching the Patrick H video by the link Thor posted did nothing for me…besides the video link that Bolshevik posted there’s lots of info online that talk about ancient builders’ methods for such projects – one article even made some comment along the lines of saying some “documentary” type shows often come from someone who knows more about how to get a sensational program on NOVA rather than having any expertise in building technology.

. . . .

Well the Koch brothers do have their own interests :biglaugh:

Not meaning to imply the video I posted is absolutely how ancient pyramid building was done.  It does open up possibilities, IMO.

With so many possibilities that can be posited, there's numerous explanations and ways of connecting everything, that fit like a hand in a glove.

For what purpose is one chosen over all others?  What does Heron's view ultimately accomplish?   (is it just for fun?)

T-Bone, I concur, the pyramid conclusion is hard to swallow as well as some other points he writes about.  There's a lot of end times passages in scripture that have no obvious answers and some that we can surmise we know the answer, but who knows, it's like seeing thru a glass darkly.  Maybe we'll know after the Lord returns and that might have to be sufficient.  

1 hour ago, thor said:

T-Bone, I concur, the pyramid conclusion is hard to swallow as well as some other points he writes about.  There's a lot of end times passages in scripture that have no obvious answers and some that we can surmise we know the answer, but who knows, it's like seeing thru a glass darkly.  Maybe we'll know after the Lord returns and that might have to be sufficient.  

I agree Thor....all this stuff is interesting though...like I said I have one of his books...like a lot of things - I can get into stuff as long as I can pick and choose what makes sense to me and I'm not expected to buy the whole package.

I'm not one to flat out reject an entire work just because I'm not satisfied with one or two points.

7 hours ago, T-Bone said:

Another thing I don’t agree with is Heron’s suggestion that Isaiah 19 is speaking of the pyramids of Egypt. Besides the passage probably being prophetic - temple design in the Old Testament does not incorporate pyramid shapes. 

If I understand correctly, Isaiah was written approximately 2,000 years after the pyramids were built.

6 hours ago, waysider said:

If I understand correctly, Isaiah was written approximately 2,000 years after the pyramids were built.

I haven’t thought about the timeline on that, Waysider - but that makes sense to me…another reason to consider it prophetic…and looking at a few commentaries on Isaiah 19, I get the same gist…

19 In that day there will be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to the Lord near its border. 20 It will become a sign and a witness to the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they will cry to the Lord because of oppressors, and He will send them a Savior and a Champion, and He will deliver them.    Isaiah 19:19, 20 NASB

Keil & Delitzsch Commentary on The Old Testament, Volume 7, Isaiah, page 365 says the fulfilment of this prophecy – would be something built by the Jews for the Jews…(that also makes me think of what went into building the original temple in I Kings 5 & following by King Solomon…according to God’s specs with its cosmological and royal symbolism to teach his people the absolute sovereignty of the Lord over his creation and his special relationship as Lord over Israel – but I digress – sorry ).

The Zondervan NIV Bible Commentary Volume 1: Old Testament, on page 1077 also says the final fulfillment of this passage has not yet come. Regarding the pillar situated on the border of Egypt, this commentary suggests that symbolizes the claiming of the land for the true and living God…I should add a note from The Zondervan NIV Study Bible (page 1061) that ties in to this – it says the reference appears to be to a conversion to the Lord of a significant number of Egyptians! And along a similar vein The New Bible Commentary: Revised on page 602 says there will be (referring to sometime in the future) holy ground where all was once profane.

== == == == ==

ok, now a different train of thought on a couple of posts by Thor ...

On 7/13/2017 at 3:56 PM, thor said:

...  2017-2024.jpg

The Feast of Trumpets starts on sunset of 20th of September 2017 and is sandwiched between the solar eclipse but before the alignment of planets.  Explanation of Feast of Trumpets aka Rosh Hashana:  

https://jewsforjesus.org/publications/newsletter/newsletter-sep-2000/the-feast-of-trumpets/

Jewish Holiday calendar 2017-2024:  https://www.hebcal.com/holidays/2017-2018

An interesting fact is that on the 9th of Av, which is the annual Jewish Holiday named Tish'a B'Av, both of the recorded Jerusalem Temples on the Temple Mount have been destroyed on that exact date-hundreds of years apart.  A third Temple, which will be built upon the Temple Mount during The Tribulation period, is also prophesied in scripture to be destroyed near the end of The Tribulation period.  Scriptures indicate there are 2 one thousand two hundred and three score periods (42 months), marking the double 3 1/2 year periods or 2,520 days, marking as some believe, the 7 year Tribulation period.  For example, seven years from now Tish'a B'Av in 2024 occurs on August 13, but starts at sunset the day prior (as most/all Jewish holidays do too) on August 12th 2024.

7 hours ago, thor said:

Hey Thor, I haven’t said anything about your first post – but now putting all this pyramid stuff aside for a moment – your mention of the total eclipses in 2017 and 2024 really caught my attention…I know zilch about astronomy or the Bible and astronomical references therein but I try to keep an open mind – with critical thinking engaged, of course…and my mind mulls over what you said....and my faith says what if…yes…what if something really big does happen around the time of the September 2017 eclipse. Yowzer!...we shall see...

Edited by T-Bone
clarity