GreaseSpot Cafe

A Lot of Things, Kids

Bolshevik

https://www.amazon.com/Things-Kids-Victor-Paul-Wierwille/dp/1500951684/ref=la_B00J66J816_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501261047&sr=1-2

I'd heard of Life Lines but not this. 

I love how the description jumps from the mundane to the super-spiritual to the mundane and back again.

This book of quotes by Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille and others shares great heart and insight. For many this learning process of a teacher and student grew into so much more; it grew into a father with his kids. These lifelong instructions and experiences included: from how to rightly divide the Word of God to how to eat healthy; from how to operate manifestations to how to balance a check book; from getting healed to how to heal others. Enjoy these simple truths and insight on many topics including life, love, and the Word.

Edited by Bolshevik

This book of quotes by Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille and others shares great heart and insight. For many this learning process of a teacher and student grew into so much more; it grew into a father with his kids. These lifelong instructions and experiences included: from how to rightly divide the Word of God to how to eat healthy; from how to operate manifestations to how to balance a check book; from getting healed to how to heal others. Enjoy these simple truths and insight on many topics including life, love, and the Word.

I can do all those things.  I can also discern BS when I see it.

Edited by Twinky
Got my end-quote in the wrong place
  • Upvote 3

It's best to start the Indoctrination process at an early age...

....maybe you've heard of another one of wierwille's classics "Goodnight Brain"

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T-Bone said:

It's best to start the Indoctrination process at an early age...

....maybe you've heard of another one of wierwille's classics "Goodnight Brain"

No.  Was that something?

Often if you tell folks you're bored, they laugh and give you more work.

The monotony of cult life, you know.

31 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I threw up in my mouth reading the description....:angry:

Yeah, when read it I saw the mixing.  You know?

You know, like scream one second, silence the next, then scream, then silence.  They had a term for that when leadership did that.   In praise of that.

After awhile it makes no difference.  Tone of voice loses meaning.  Everything sounds like a scream.

Here they mix meaningless with modestly meaningful.

You just, iron everything out to mean the same thing.

well, you know, they are really only missing one word in that description.  that word is "abusive".

As in

"This book of quotes by Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille and others shares great heart and insight. For many this learning process of a teacher and student grew into so much more; it grew into an abusive father with his foster kids...."

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Twinky said:

I can do all those things.  I can also discern BS when I see it.

Twinky, bingo!!  Yes, it does sound like BS, doesn't it!! I can't remember if I read LL; I thought many of TWI books were poorly-written, and boring. I used to read them to put me to sleep; that's how bad many of them were.  I junked my TWI books years ago, and was happy to do so.

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Even when I was in, I didn't find this book particularly insightful.

Interesting. VP seems like he would have excelled as a vacuum cleaner salesman. My father sold insurance many years ago. He once told me his sales team's mainstay catchphrase was "if u throw enough sheet against a wall some of it will stick."  Well, this book appearantly didn't stick but perhaps paved the way for Lifelines. VP kept on throwing though and managed to find success selling his snake oil.

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Even when I was in, I didn't find this book particularly insightful.

Same here.......

Howard Allen was the one who came up with the title...."Lifelines." 

Figures.  Only the most sycophant-cult follower wants to dwell on one-liners and clichés of the cult leader........and Howard falls into that category.  No doubt that the bus driver was one of wierwille's biggest promoters.

And, if the cult follower should ever find that he has fallen away from the mother ship..........all he needs to do is delve into wierwille's Lifelines.  The definition of "lifelines" is a line thrown from a vessel that people can cling to in order to save themselves from drowning.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, skyrider said:

Same here.......

Figures.  Only the most sycophant-cult follower wants to dwell on one-liners and clichés of the cult leader........and Howard falls into that category.  No doubt that the bus driver was one of wierwille's biggest promoters.

And, if the cult follower should ever find that he has fallen away from the mother ship..........all he needs to do is delve into wierwille's Lifelines.  The definition of "lifelines" is a line thrown from a vessel that people can cling to in order to save themselves from drowning.

Jeeeez. My goofy foot never made the conection between the book title and reality.....egads.

Enjoy these simple truths and insight on many topics including life, love, and the Word.

Insight into life - yarrghh - in a cornfield

Insight into love - love?  What the f--- did VPW know about love?

Insight into the Word- ditto,

Should be edited to read, "Insight on many topics including bullying, lust, rape and manipulation."

1 hour ago, skyrider said:

Same here.......

What the hell??!!  A lot of you Corps people didn't swallow all the BS that VPW came out with??!!  I'm shocked, just shocked that some of you Corps had the brains, and gumption not to swallow all of his S--t!!  I guess that's why so many of you went on to successful careers; you were able to use your critical thinking skills even while you were in??!!  How dare you do this??!!  What, you have the ability,  to do this??!!  How dare you??!!  Don't you know that we in Way World, don't think for ourselves??!!  Oh, no!! Not us, hell no!!  We pride ourselves on not using our critical thinking skills, and swallowing everything VPW said as the Word of God!!  It doesn't matter if he was right, or wrong.  We are still going to swallow everything he said. Oh yes, we will!!  Even if it ends up killing us, we will follow what our MOG said to the end of our days!!  Yeah!!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Interesting. VP seems like he would have excelled as a vacuum cleaner salesman. My father sold insurance many years ago. He once told me his sales team's mainstay catchphrase was "if u throw enough sheet against a wall some of it will stick."  Well, this book appearantly didn't stick but perhaps paved the way for Lifelines. VP kept on throwing though and managed to find success selling his snake oil.

OS, you father was right IMO.

Apparently, if you take mescaline, one thing it does is make things of little significance super important.

When we first encounter something, like a coffee cup, we might find it interesting.  Over time we understand it, have a memory of it's purpose, and don't really notice them or don't really become excited by their novelty when we see them, along with countless other objects.

Mescaline sort of stripes people of that memory . . . and everything becomes super interesting.  Which might be fun but isn't practical for survival.

Just thinking of that in light of Waybrain.  Things that had no significant meaning to most were significant to the Wayfer.

Having Waybrain is like being on drugs? 

edit to add (which is shown in that silly book description, IMO)

Edited by Bolshevik
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Apparently, if you take mescaline, one thing it does is make things of little significance super important.

When we first encounter something, like a coffee cup, we might find it interesting.  Over time we understand it, have a memory of it's purpose, and don't really notice them or don't really become excited by their novelty when we see them, along with countless other objects.

Mescaline sort of stripes people of that memory . . . and everything becomes super interesting.  Which might be fun but isn't practical for survival.

Just thinking of that in light of Waybrain.  Things that had no significant meaning to most were significant to the Wayfer.

I think the study of Biblical figures of speech might reflect this concept. I mean, most people know that figures of speech serve valid literary function, both in the Bible and in profane works. But, this idea that Biblical figures of speech reveal some profoundly "spiritual" insight into life and living is a bit like your aforementioned fascination with a coffee cup.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

edit to add (which is shown in that silly book description, IMO)

I think that may be similar to wierwille's "creative" process - I bet if you kept refilling his Drambuie mug he could contemplate his navel for hours on end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, waysider said:

I think the study of Biblical figures of speech might reflect this concept. I mean, most people know that figures of speech serve valid literary function, both in the Bible and in profane works. But, this idea that Biblical figures of speech reveal some profoundly "spiritual" insight into life and living is a bit like your aforementioned fascination with a coffee cup.

There's systems in our heads that release dopamine when we achieve a goal.  It feels good.  It also causes our brain to reinforce memories or circuitry that lead up to that event.  So that's it's easier to repeat later.  This is a good thing and natural for when you work hard toward a goal.

A lot of drugs hijack that system to give immediate reward.  The mind immediately reinforces circuitry leading up to that event, such as where you were, who you were with, what you ate and did.  If you see any of those people, places or things later, you feel the strong need for that drug.  Makes the drug hard to quit.

Between love bombing, sleep deprivation and other things described on this site you've got a number of ways to hijack the system.  They rewire heads.

One way our reality gets framed is social reinforcing.  One person says "these figures of speech are so deep", next person agrees excitedly, dopamine hit, the problem is reinforced.  

(Disclaimer: This post may or may not be mescaline induced rambling.  Probably not.  Maybe just rambling.  Probably)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, T-Bone said:

I think that may be similar to wierwille's "creative" process - I bet if you kept refilling his Drambuie mug he could contemplate his navel for hours on end.

I wonder how much TWI doctrine can be attributed to literal drunken rambling.  What little teachings I've heard by VPW (and his classes) he did generally force claims. IMO

LCM was also forceful, clearly.  I don't know that he has the reputation of being under the influence of anything.

But LCM was a follower of VPW fairly young, right?  I gather he was a reflection of cult processing.

9 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

There's systems in our heads that release dopamine when we achieve a goal.  It feels good.  It also causes our brain to reinforce memories or circuitry that lead up to that event.  So that's it's easier to repeat later.  This is a good thing and natural for when you work hard toward a goal.

A lot of drugs hijack that system to give immediate reward.  The mind immediately reinforces circuitry leading up to that event, such as where you were, who you were with, what you ate and did.  If you see any of those people, places or things later, you feel the strong need for that drug.  Makes the drug hard to quit.

Between love bombing, sleep deprivation and other things described on this site you've got a number of ways to hijack the system.  They rewire heads.

One way our reality gets framed is social reinforcing.  One person says "these figures of speech are so deep", next person agrees excitedly, dopamine hit, the problem is reinforced.  

(Disclaimer: This post may or may not be mescaline induced rambling.  Probably not.  Maybe just rambling.  Probably)

Bol, wow!!!  I didn't know all of this!!  Thanks for posting this information.

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Bol, wow!!!  I didn't know all of this!!  Thanks for posting this information.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=how+dopamine+works&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&oq=how+dopamine+works&aqs=chrome..69i57.4231j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Just trying to understand what was seen and how to undo it.  

• Upvote 1