GreaseSpot Cafe

The Psychology of Authority and the Abuse of Power

skyrider

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:55 AM, skyrider said:

We were allotted $20 per month for expenditures.......

Some corps had sponsors who sent them gift boxes with toothpaste, deodorant, floss, cookies or whatever.  But still......$20 didn't go very far when you slapped quarters into washers/dryers every week, vending machines for a snack, and a couple donuts or beer on Saturday.

They said this would teach us to be financially responsible with money......but really, this was just ANOTHER way to control us.

I wasn't able to make a copy of my research paper because I didn't have money to use the copier.  Skinflints - can't even use the copier without paying.

3 hours ago, outandabout said:

I wasn't able to make a copy of my research paper because I didn't have money to use the copier.  Skinflints - can't even use the copier without paying.

Well that just sucks...........

I remember one lunchtime lecture that we got for using too much toilet paper.  They tried to drive home the point that two-squares of toilet paper would be sufficient to do your business and get off the pot.  OMG.........freakin-unbelievable.  What these idiot leaders did not realize is that corps were taking reams of toilet paper off the rolls and USING IT FOR KLEENEX to save money!! 

Since we sat in class forever and in close proximity to cult hugging.......when someone got a cold or flu, it spread rapidly. 

Lots of coughing and running noses........and toilet paper in abundance.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, skyrider said:

I remember one lunchtime lecture that we got for using too much toilet paper.  They tried to drive home the point that two-squares of toilet paper would be sufficient to do your business and get off the pot.  OMG.........freakin-unbelievable.  What these idiot leaders did not realize is that corps were taking reams of toilet paper off the rolls and USING IT FOR KLEENEX to save money!! 

Since we sat in class forever and in close proximity to cult hugging.......when someone got a cold or flu, it spread rapidly. 

When the roll is called up yonder I'll be there...for my two square allotment 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Sky, all the money TWI had, and they gave the Corps hell, for using too much TP??  I bet VPW, and LCM used a lot of TP; they were full of S--t!!

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Roll away, roll away, roll away..........every butt is now a-hurtin' let us pray.

reminds me of that old classic A Tale of Two Squares...

It was the end times

It was the worst of the behinds

In 2 hours...........the 2nd Season begins with Leah Remini exposing Scientology on A&E.

What else will we see during this season's episodes?

• The Psychology of Authority........and how it infiltrates down
  • Not just the leaders, but the whole system.....
  • Everyone in the system is empowered to defend Scientology......
  • Lest the ministry....er, Scientology be blamed

• Upvote 1

Wish Leah and Mike would interview TWI ex-members and see the similarity

• Upvote 1

The Psychology of Authority = Every Adult at Indiana Campus Carried a Wooden Spoon

• Every adult was given the authority to discipline any child/teenager for their behavior or attitude (or perceived attitude)
  • The wooden spoon was a constant reminder that, in the presence of any adult, the adult carried ultimate authority
  • Was every confrontation necessary....or times when an ego-driven adult was looking to express authority?

Wouldn't it have been an interesting study to see how young teenagers viewed those two-years of in-residence submission?  What instances were wooden spoons used?  How often were these confrontations?  When was the adult wrong on perceived judgment of a situation?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, skyrider said:

The Psychology of Authority = Every Adult at Indiana Campus Carried a Wooden Spoon

• Every adult was given the authority to discipline any child/teenager for their behavior or attitude (or perceived attitude)
  • The wooden spoon was a constant reminder that, in the presence of any adult, the adult carried ultimate authority
  • Was every confrontation necessary....or times when an ego-driven adult was looking to express authority?

Wouldn't it have been an interesting study to see how young teenagers viewed those two-years of in-residence submission?  What instances were wooden spoons used?  How often were these confrontations?  When was the adult wrong on perceived judgment of a situation?

FYI - the wooden spoon brigade (parents at Rome City) were the first TWI splinter group - ouch !

• Upvote 1