GreaseSpot Cafe

An Honest Response to Plagiarism

OldSkool

20 minutes ago, Watered Garden said:

I would credit this guy with at least publicly repenting and apologizing. But I wouldn't trust him ever. I personally think he should be de-frocked or whatever his denomination does.

And no, TWI will never admit such wrongdoing.

He didn't repent. His apology was perfunctory (hasty and superficial). He regrets getting caught.

• Upvote 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/08/14/hillary-clintons-spiritual-adviser-apologizes-for-plagiarism-day-before-release-of-his-book-of-emails-to-clinton/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.ea3b481890c2

For his part, the pastor whose words Shillady inappropriately used told CNN that he harbors no hard feelings. “The last thing the world needs right now is two pastors having a public dispute over a blog,” Deuel told the network. He also said, “If my blog then, in turn, inspired Rev. Shillady and it was used to encourage Hillary Clinton, then praise God for that! Could it have been done differently? Probably. But for me to fire back publicly would be inappropriate and out of line on my part. I have attempted to contact Rev. Shillady to process this with him. I trust that the grace and forgiveness we find through our faith in Jesus will lead us to grace and reconciliation with each other.”

If Bullinger or Stiles came forward and said, "You know, my words via VPW inspired a lot of folks, and that's what matters." I still don't think I could operate manifestations effectively.

The publisher could have been sued out of business?  They're probably sweating buckets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Christian_Press

Always thought American Christian Press was an odd name for TWI to be associated with, considering "christian" was almost a curse word in TWI.

Wierwille borrowed Leonard's Canadian Christian Press logo and substituted American

Obviously he didn't know about this or he would have sued