GreaseSpot Cafe

75th anniversary, NOT!

penguin2

I was reminded the other day that the 75th anniversary weekend is right around the corner.  I'm sure we are all making plans to go just like the person that reminded me about it.... Burning questions: what is the beautiful new theme poster? Where are ALL the Way Disciples going? I'm thinking that all believers in the continental United States are being "encouraged" to come up for the weekend so that the auditorium can look like there is a decent amount of people present....stay tuned to Flickr and Twitter.

Edited by penguin2

1 hour ago, penguin2 said:

I was reminded the other day that the 75th anniversary weekend is right around the corner.  I'm sure we are all making plans to go just like the person that reminded me about it.... Burning questions: what is the beautiful new theme poster? Where are ALL the Way Disciples going? I'm thinking that all believers in the continental United States are being "encouraged" to come up for the weekend so that the auditorium can look like there is a decent amount of people present....stay tuned to Flickr and Twitter.

75th anniversary.......er, technically its the 60th anniversary of twi.

August 1957 was when wierwille stepped away (was fired?) from pastor of Van Wert church.  Even Mrs. Wierwille notes in her book that "officially" twi was started in December of 1957.  Leave it to the cult.......to even LIE about its official beginning. 

So TWI officially is 60 years old this December, 75 in October for Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan.Wonder if VPW is turning over in his grave?(probably to get the fountain churning, bubbling up) Whoop de doo! Will Rosie, Donna, new prez, and Linder be taking photos or will ex-way be photo bombing? Ex-Way Lives matter placards.

14 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

So TWI officially is 60 years old this December, 75 in October for Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan.Wonder if VPW is turning over in his grave?(probably to get the fountain churning, bubbling up) Whoop de doo! Will Rosie, Donna, new prez, and Linder be taking photos or will ex-way be photo bombing? Ex-Way Lives matter placards.

For those who missed it,  Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan was another Christian radio show with Christian music and a sermon.  It was neither the first, nor the last, and Christian radio to this day has Christian music, sermons, and Christian music with sermons.    If it sounds NOTHING like twi to you, that's because it WAS nothing like twi.  With Vespers Chimes, vpw plagiarized sermons off of  Christian writers here and there whom he was editing.  In twi, vpw plagiarized entire classes and programs, mostly from a handful of writers like EW Bullinger and JE Stiles, and did so right after he plagiarized BG Leonard's class in its entirety (yes, he taught the entire class as his own, a few months after taking it.)  The twi experience really began when vpw went to the Groovy Christians who were already successful Christians, and fooled some of them into thinking he was some great one, using the work of Leonard, Bullinger, etc.   He turned them into the recruiting arm of twi, and those of us with positive experiences in twi can trace them all from the influence of THOSE Christians, not the canned classes vpw ripped off.

So, Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan had nothing whatsoever in common with twi except that vpw was supposedly running one, then the other.  To claim one is a continuation of the other is blatantly dishonest- and twi being dishonest should come as no surprise anymore.  vpw claimed it was the same, and vpw being dishonest should come as no surprise anymore.  If you tell the most blatant, dishonest lie in the world enough times, some people will start to believe it-which has probably been made into a motivational sign hanging up somewhere in twi.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WordWolf said:

For those who missed it,  Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan was another Christian radio show with Christian music and a sermon.  It was neither the first, nor the last, and Christian radio to this day has Christian music, sermons, and Christian music with sermons.    If it sounds NOTHING like twi to you, that's because it WAS nothing like twi.  With Vespers Chimes, vpw plagiarized sermons off of  Christian writers here and there whom he was editing.  In twi, vpw plagiarized entire classes and programs, mostly from a handful of writers like EW Bullinger and JE Stiles, and did so right after he plagiarized BG Leonard's class in its entirety (yes, he taught the entire class as his own, a few months after taking it.)  The twi experience really began when vpw went to the Groovy Christians who were already successful Christians, and fooled some of them into thinking he was some great one, using the work of Leonard, Bullinger, etc.   He turned them into the recruiting arm of twi, and those of us with positive experiences in twi can trace them all from the influence of THOSE Christians, not the canned classes vpw ripped off.

So, Vespers Chimes Hour Caravan had nothing whatsoever in common with twi except that vpw was supposedly running one, then the other.  To claim one is a continuation of the other is blatantly dishonest- and twi being dishonest should come as no surprise anymore.  vpw claimed it was the same, and vpw being dishonest should come as no surprise anymore.  If you tell the most blatant, dishonest lie in the world enough times, some people will start to believe it-which has probably been made into a motivational sign hanging up somewhere in twi.

Thomas, :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Rev. Charles Fuller........

p.38  Born Again to Serve............"Another evangelist who had inspired Rev. Wierwille with his great musical ability was Rev. Charles Fuller.  Rev. Wierwille had stated, 'I listened to Charlie Fuller's radio program, 'The Old-Fashioned Revival Hour,' ever Sunday morning before I went to church or to my office.  He inspired me so with his music.  He was an evangelist who had great charisma, great ability, and one of the first preachers involved in radio.  Rev. Fuller was such a humble man and wanted to bless people.  Why wouldn't the spirit of God work within him?  It did."

~~~~~~~~~~

Like WW stated..........Vesper Chimes had NOTHING to do with the class-based twi, plagiarized from Leonard.

On 9/9/2017 at 4:11 PM, skyrider said:

75th anniversary.......er, technically its the 60th anniversary of twi.

August 1957 was when wierwille stepped away (was fired?) from pastor of Van Wert church.  Even Mrs. Wierwille notes in her book that "officially" twi was started in December of 1957.  Leave it to the cult.......to even LIE about its official beginning. 

But sky, you know that when you are building a cult fantasy that little details like facts aren't really important.   I mean it's the IDEA of snow on the gas pumps that is important, not whether or not snow actually fell on the gas pumps.

LOL.

:jump:

:spy::spy::spy: