GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Kid, Mini WOW '79 in MN, From LA

Nicoblu72

Hi my mom joined TWI in 78, she Went WOW as single mom in 79 with me aged 7 and my baby sis aged 5.  Albert Lea, MN.

'80 returned home to NewIberia LA

By the time I was 13 i was forced to take PFAL. Forced to SIT out loud in front of many.  (terrible experience).  That experience alone ruined me for the whole TWI but it was the only religion I knew.   

Im 45 now happily attending a non denom evangelical type church.  My mom is still a fully functioning member of TWI and honestly she's an extremist on many issues.   

Ive spent the past 25 years trying to figure out what's crap and what's truth.  This ministry really has a grip on my mom.  But she seems happy just very self righteous snd honestly drives people away rather than drawing them in.   

Id livevto reminisce with anyone who also was WOW Ambassador in Albert Lea, MN in 1979.  I'm 45 but was 7/8 then so if you were an adult I'd imagine you would be 60+ yrs old by now. Like my mom.   She was 28 at the time I believe.  Her name was Paula LeBlanc Lambert.  Mine is Tessie 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I have to ask...

16 hours ago, Nicoblu72 said:

By the time I was 13 i was forced to take PFAL. Forced to SIT out loud in front of many.  (terrible experience).  That experience alone ruined me for the whole TWI but it was the only religion I knew

Emphasis mine...

Why? What was so terrible about it?

• Upvote 1

Hi, Tessie, and welcome.  You will find a few children of TWI parents here.  It hasn't been easy for you with your formative years spent in a demanding condemning cult.  I don't know if you will find people of the time period and location you mention.

Congratulations on getting out.  Sorry about your Mum.  Do you still see her?  It must be difficult for both, all, of you.  How's your sister - an innie or also out?

Have a cup of coffee and enjoy reminiscences and revelations.

coffee.jpg

On 9/10/2017 at 11:31 PM, Nicoblu72 said:

Hi my mom joined TWI in 78, she Went WOW as single mom in 79 with me aged 7 and my baby sis aged 5.  Albert Lea, MN.

'80 returned home to NewIberia LA

By the time I was 13 i was forced to take PFAL. Forced to SIT out loud in front of many.  (terrible experience).  That experience alone ruined me for the whole TWI but it was the only religion I knew.   

Im 45 now happily attending a non denom evangelical type church.  My mom is still a fully functioning member of TWI and honestly she's an extremist on many issues.   

Ive spent the past 25 years trying to figure out what's crap and what's truth.  This ministry really has a grip on my mom.  But she seems happy just very self righteous snd honestly drives people away rather than drawing them in.   

Id livevto reminisce with anyone who also was WOW Ambassador in Albert Lea, MN in 1979.  I'm 45 but was 7/8 then so if you were an adult I'd imagine you would be 60+ yrs old by now. Like my mom.   She was 28 at the time I believe.  Her name was Paula LeBlanc Lambert.  Mine is Tessie 

72, hello.  I am happy to hear that you are out.  I don't know your mother, but perhaps she has "issues."  I honestly feel for people in TWI; some stay in for various reasons, many of which I will never understand.  Many of us here were in TWI for years; I was in from 1978-1988.  I had some great times in it, but I also had some times I would rather forget.  I love coming to the GSC, because there is much to be gained from reading the posts.  Welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for here.

• Upvote 1

The reason it was horrible is because I was an adolescent who was forced.   Forced to utter tongues among adults and peers my age.   All publicly.  Forced into a "performance".     There's no current disbelief in the power of tongues I just don't believe the method of coercion was suitable for adolescents and should come naturally and bit by coercion of any means.     You may have been an adult and this may have come naturally but got adolescents it was inappropriate.  Judgement and condemnation for not uttering immediately ensued. 

Edited by Nicoblu72
Spelling errors (autocorrect sucks)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

My sister and two children who followed went through similar experiences.   All attended twig with mom.  I moved out of my house in with grandma at 16 (stepfather abuse).   He was a non attendee.   Went through the motions from 80-84 then stopped altogether.  

My sisters (the 5yo in OP)  husband wasnt allowed to marry her without taking "the class".  They were 18 and had been attending fellowship their whole dating period.  They immediately joined military and eventually moved away.   Attended fellowships here and there but didbtvremain active.   

6 hours ago, Nicoblu72 said:

The reason it was horrible is because I was an adolescent who was forced.   Forced to utter tongues among adults and peers my age.   All publicly.  Forced into a "performance".     There's no current disbelief in the power of tongues I just don't believe the method of coercion was suitable for adolescents and should come naturally and bit by coercion of any means.     You may have been an adult and this may have come naturally but got adolescents it was inappropriate.  Judgement and condemnation for not uttering immediately ensued. 

It was horrible because you see the true nature of the follower.  The damned eyes.  

The old folks were deceived and therefore innocent.  The rest of us were and are not.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Nicoblu72 said:

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:10 AM, Nicoblu72 said:

Nicoblu72 thank you for sharing this.

I think this experience modeled VPW's who forced himself into some rote SIT fake because it could not happen naturally for him on stage at an Oral Roberts evangelism event where everyone else could manifest freely.  Because of this he modeled his class after his experience.

This is my read on the Elena Whiteside account of JE Stiles and VP.  

As a side reference I myself first SIT freely under the teaching of the same Oral Roberts via a secondhand account when I was young.  This is why it sticks out to me.

22 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Nicoblu72 thank you for sharing this.

I think this experience modeled VPW's who forced himself into some rote SIT fake because it could not happen naturally for him on stage at an Oral Roberts evangelism event where everyone else could manifest freely.  Because of this he modeled his class after his experience.

This is my read on the Elena Whiteside account of JE Stiles and VP.  

As a side reference I myself first SIT freely under the teaching of the same Oral Roberts via a secondhand account when I was young.  This is why it sticks out to me.

SIT was something I felt right away.  I would not do it and did not focus on anyone doing it in fellowship.  It was highly demonic to me at 13 years old, when my mom took us back in.  My youngest brother was FORCED to SIT, and to this day I remind him, he is the only one out of us 4 that did it!!! Every single time I heard my mom SIT, I knew it was wrong.