GreaseSpot Cafe

The WAP class is still the main agenda

bliss

I have some friend innies that drive me crazy with their pushing the class at all kinds of venues. Every Faith convention, online business fb page, local farmers markets. Full displays of books and happy pictures of grads after the class. I could go on...

i just find it mind boggling that in this day and age of the internet there are still people who jump at this. But, if you feel love bombed and a sense of community that you’ve been missing, I can see the appeal. 

236013CE-0418-49CB-88D0-A484FA66788B.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Bliss :wave: 

good to “read “ you again! I always enjoy your thought provoking posts.

i am so curious as to the retention rate of TWI...and considering how so much of their stuff is just empty promises - I am also curious of grads that do stick around for awhile - just how they keep the “excitement “ level up.

• Like 1

twi's running on inertia, and retaining people who were introduced in the 70s and 80s when there were real Christians on the field.  Without that, they've got squat, and they haven't HAD squat for well over a decade.  twi has nothing to induce GROWTH in any sizeable numbers, and is dying off as members get old and are kicked out as liabilities, or just plain drop dead even if they decide to stick around due to inertia.

• Like 1

WAP/PFAL? really? There are better video classes such as Alpha, Beginnings, Christianity Explored, Reality, Foundations, Beta, etc. Even books from Frank Viola, Jon Zens, Milt Rodrieguiez are an improvement. Or examine the original materials from authors like Albert Benjamin Simpson, Alfred Tozer, Ruben Archer Torrey, Ethelbert Bullinger, E. W. Kenyon, Theodore Austin-Smith, Smith Wigglesworth, Lester Sumrall, Sam Storms, Watchman Nee, George Lamsa, Rocco Errico, Nicky Gumbel, Rob Weber, Rick Warren. Anything but Wierwille and Martindale.

Doncha love the "benefits of the class" - Learn how to:

• Get true peace in your life
  • Know with certainty that you are going to heaven
  • Develop a knowledge of the absolute goodness of God
  • Know what happens when people die
  • Enjoy reading the Bible
  • Strengthen family relationships
  • How to win in this life

Hmm.  If Jesus [who's he?] is a role model for "winning" "in this life" - the prize of crucifixion isn't one that would attract many people. 

Whoever said we would win in this life?  Chapter and verse please!

As to "Know with certainty that you are going to heaven" and "Know what happens when people die" - I know what the Bible says and what I understand and believe; but these "benefits" are still speculative.  People don't come back from heaven (wherever or whatever that is) or after they've died, to tell us.  We have a glorious future ahead of us - but we don't really know what it is going to be like.  It will be different from this life, however, and beyond our wildest imaginings. 

I would say that all of the other things mentioned happen OUTSIDE TWI - and further, that any peace you have in your life now, or understanding of the goodness of God, or enjoyment in reading the Bible, and decent family relationships, will ALL BE SHATTERED BY TWI.

And whoever put this poster together doesn't understand that they don't need to repeat the "how to" in the final benefit.

They forgot to mention the charge, sorry donation, required for this "class series," too.

image.jpeg  Don't think I'll be in a hurry to sign up for this.  (Runs away very fast.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Only slightly :offtopic:...

WW's post led me to take a peek at their website, not a place I visit very often.

And their theme for the coming year?

"For the 2017-2018 ministry year, as we celebrate seventy-five years of Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship, our focus will be The Word of God Is the Will of God."

How very original.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

twi's running on inertia, and retaining people who were introduced in the 70s and 80s when there were real Christians on the field.  Without that, they've got squat, and they haven't HAD squat for well over a decade.  twi has nothing to induce GROWTH in any sizeable numbers, and is dying off...

I'm one of those! (took "their class" in '75; went WOW 3 times) They ain't got me...and they ain't got mine --- and I have God to thank for that! :rolleyes:

Edited by spectrum49
punctuation
  • Like 1

Whether it's the WAP class, the FLAP class or the CRAP class........it doesn't matter to the cult.

The class is the mesmerizing monomania to which all in the cult bestow regurgitated renown.  The clichés gain a life of their own.....repeated over and over, in the cult magazine, in home fellowships and sunday teachings.  The repetition drowns out one's surroundings......drudgery and monotony and misery......and captivates the collective marching of symbolic syllogisms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

WAP/PFAL? really? There are better video classes such as Alpha, Beginnings, Christianity Explored, Reality, Foundations, Beta, etc. Even books from Frank Viola, Jon Zens, Milt Rodrieguiez are an improvement. Or examine the original materials from authors like Albert Benjamin Simpson, Alfred Tozer, Ruben Archer Torrey, Ethelbert Bullinger, E. W. Kenyon, Theodore Austin-Smith, Smith Wigglesworth, Lester Sumrall, Sam Storms, Watchman Nee, George Lamsa, Rocco Errico, Nicky Gumbel, Rob Weber, Rick Warren. Anything but Wierwille and Martindale.

meant to say Theodore Austin-Sparks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the post and hide guys. Not intentional - just forgetful (old age). 

T-bone as for retention.. since I still have family “IN” all I can say is it’s generational retention at the core. Kids, grandkids of long standing Wayfers that have strong family love stay in and make it work. Then try to run classes with stragglers who need to fit in somewhere. 

Those (like myself) with family still in and have left but still have a relationship -because the love is still there and the religion we choose is ignored. We avoid the topic at this point but still love and respect one another. 

They keep their excitement by rehashing PFAL and repackaging it. They are still waiting for another MOG to rise up and lead.  And complain about it. 

They just had their 75th anniversary. And the nostalgia that those in attendance experienced with the (most)original way prod cast and songs (even Bob Stanley) sent people over the edge in an emotional glory days high.  They were literally reenergized by the songs and the “quality” of the production that took hem back 25 years and were now recharged to promote The Way again. 

Sigh.

Bliss, sorry that you have to put up with this in your family. Take care and know real Christians love you and support you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bliss said:

They just had their 75th anniversary. And the nostalgia that those in attendance experienced with the (most)original way prod cast and songs (even Bob Stanley) sent people over the edge in an emotional glory days high.  They were literally reenergized by the songs and the “quality” of the production that took hem back 25 years and were now recharged to promote The Way again. 

Sigh.

emotional high............nostalgia

aaahhhh..............it's yesterday once more.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bliss said:

Sigh.

You mean Rozilla actually let them have a live drum kit on stage rather than a few electronic drums turned down to 3 and a shaker?  Amazing.

72 ROA with the hair and the open shirts?  

No?  A more tamed down version of this on stage at the VPW WOW auditorium?  With suits and dance numbers?  A modern High Country Caravan yet suitable for someone in their late 70s?

And a Way Publications department to come up with the phrase "literally reenergized"?

The latter seems more believable.

On 10/17/2017 at 6:02 AM, bliss said:

I have some friend innies that drive me crazy with their pushing the class at all kinds of venues. Every Faith convention, online business fb page, local farmers markets. Full displays of books and happy pictures of grads after the class. I could go on...

i just find it mind boggling that in this day and age of the internet there are still people who jump at this. But, if you feel love bombed and a sense of community that you’ve been missing, I can see the appeal. 

236013CE-0418-49CB-88D0-A484FA66788B.png

It is mind bottling.

How to win in this life.  Let's examine track records....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bliss said:

Sigh.

What?............no dynamic teaching that turned their hearts to the Lord?

What?............no "biblical research" that opened their eyes to that mighty, prevailing Word?

What?............no signs, miracles or wonders that demonstrated the Lord is present?

Just songs of yesteryear that took them back to group hugs and cult daze.......songs that took them to emotional nostalgia.  Maybe those who "write the songs" should be grafted into the board of directors.......since the directors are the walking dead.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

It is mind bottling.

How to win in this life.  Let's examine track records....

"mind bottling" ...that's one way to say how cults encourage closed-mindedness....ya know,  a bottled-up mind doesn't get out much...I'm here all week folks..

rewriting Jim Croce's tune:

...If I could save my mind in a bottle...

(glad I don't get paid for my songwriting :biglaugh: )

Edited by T-Bone
wait...before you order - there's more !
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, chockfull said:

You mean Rozilla actually let them have a live drum kit on stage rather than a few electronic drums turned down to 3 and a shaker?  Amazing.

72 ROA with the hair and the open shirts?  

No?  A more tamed down version of this on stage at the VPW WOW auditorium?  With suits and dance numbers?  A modern High Country Caravan yet suitable for someone in their late 70s?

And a Way Publications department to come up with the phrase "literally reenergized"?

The latter seems more believable.

Wouldn’t know since NO CAMERAS were allowed in the auditorium. No no.  Even some innies were mad that they didn’t live stream. Even to Gunnison. Go figure. I’m going to post the review one did after I find it again of the service. 

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

"mind bottling" ...that's one way to say how cults encourage closed-mindedness....ya know,  a bottled-up mind doesn't get out much...I'm here all week folks..

rewriting Jim Croce's tune:

...If I could save my mind in a bottle...

(glad I don't get paid for my songwriting :biglaugh: )

Time in a Bottle  ---- one of the great songs of all time!

Edited by skyrider

So, next question.  If this earth-shattering performance was a medley of Way songs from older to newer, did it, like Way Prod, grow increasingly suckish as the night progressed?   

Or did they like mix them in together for maximum brainwash effect?  Like "I Am a Leaf on a Mighty Tree" with "The Renewed Mind is the Key" ?????  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

So, next question.  If this earth-shattering performance was a medley of Way songs from older to newer, did it, like Way Prod, grow increasingly suckish as the night progressed?   

Or did they like mix them in together for maximum brainwash effect?  Like "I Am a Leaf on a Mighty Tree" with "The Renewed Mind is the Key" ?????  

Yeah.......that sounds about right, chock.

And.........the evening's crescendo song was "Wash Your Feet in the Blood of the Wicked"   (or whatever that song was......)

• Like 1

I am refraining from from posting because I don't want to bury this poor bastard without a chance for him to respond. One of the most pathetic waybrained speeches I have ever suffered through! 

Maybe they refused to broadcast it, even to the Gay Family Ranch, because of all the people who wrote and performed those songs besides Uncle Tom Claudettee and Yard Dog Stanley, who were never contacted, asked for permission to use their material, or play their performances?? They never contacted me and I was in the original Joyful Noise and Way Prod cast. Ros-a-lie must be tired of lawsuits, eh? Nobody has any record of this bullshit memory lane trip outside of those who were there physically, and Rosie's vault of lies and secrets! That's the way she wants it. They are as empty as their minus-try. Pathetic waste of human cellular activity, air, and space. There is no comparison between the dead garbage they throw at people today, and what Joyful Noise and way Prod were in the 70s. Just as there is no comparison between death and life, light and darkness, love and hate.

• Upvote 2

DWBH, loved your playing bass guitar on Pressed Down's first album