GreaseSpot Cafe

75th Year Review

bliss

Gonna have to settle for a public fb link on this one. Please don’t make comments on his post on fb. 

Edited by bliss

"When Claudettee Royal, Debra Olthouse, Trudy Yeats, Debra Berger, Marsha Perry and Bob Stanley came on stage, they were savvy enough to wait on their opening bars, give us a chance to greet them in thunderous applause."

~~~~~

WHAT A BUNCH OF CONFLATED BULLCRAAAP.........oooooh, they were savvy enough to wait on their cues to enter stage right.  :jump:

Leave it to Clem Robins, 10th Corps ......and his artistic flare for expressive arts to go off the deep end with this "review." 

• Upvote 2

I thought Claudettee had left years ago.  Obviously not.

I'm glad these people had a good time at the concert.  However, I'm not tempted to check out the next one. 

I remember I thought some of the concerts were good, too, in my Waydaze... well, inspirational, in a cultish way.  I'd have a different opinion nowadays.

• Upvote 1

omg, they used America Awakes album? It is after this that Way Production sank because VPW wanted his cowboy gospel quartet the Victors and High Country Caravan singers.

• Like 1

The show began with a simulation of the Vesper Chimes Youth Hour program, ........the beginning of The Way International......er, FABRICATED LIES THAT HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED IN MRS. WIERWILLE'S BOOK, NO LESS.

Oh well, if the cult wants to live in a deceiving world of lies and fantasies, I could care less.  My concern is to help alert others that this cult has a seedy side that seduces and entraps people into a life that consumes them.  While some may choose the institutionalization, I am NOT one of them....................

But hey........at least they're not Dancing with Wierwille's Corpse

3 hours ago, skyrider said:

The show began with a simulation of the Vesper Chimes Youth Hour program, ........the beginning of The Way International......er, FABRICATED LIES THAT HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED IN MRS. WIERWILLE'S BOOK, NO LESS.

Oh well, if the cult wants to live in a deceiving world of lies and fantasies, I could care less.  My concern is to help alert others that this cult has a seedy side that seduces and entraps people into a life that consumes them.  While some may choose the institutionalization, I am NOT one of them....................

But hey........at least they're not Dancing with Wierwille's Corpse

Sky, I da-n near tossed my cookies when I read that link!  OMG!!  No, no, no!!!

5 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

omg, they used America Awakes album? It is after this that Way Production sank because VPW wanted his cowboy gospel quartet the Victors and High Country Caravan singers.

Thomas, IMO, both of those groups were mediocre.  I think WP had far more talented musicians, than the Victors, and HCC.

Skyrider, at least give a semi-respectable reference - not The Sun, a comic book if ever there was! A newspaper for people who haven't learned to read yet.  So therefore they don't know the difference between BUBONIC plague and PNEUMONIC plague, which this rag appears to use interchangeably.

That being said, what they describe appears to be a pretty bizarre ritual.  If true.

Imagine... doing a sort of conga round the Fountain of Living Waters, passing a corpse around. 

Actually, it's a wonder that at the time, the corpse wasn't embalmed and put on display, like Lenin's, and then it could be brought out at every anniversary event.  Reckon anyone would notice that it really wasn't alive?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skyrider said:

Eye saw what you did there.......waysider

.......like when wierwille would pass his eye around the room for all to see.

.......sure that's normal, everyone with a prosthetic eye takes it out and passes it around the room.

Sky, seriously, I think if I had seen him do that, I think I might have freaked, and left the Corps altogether.  Why on Earth, would someone want to touch a fake eye??  I would think it would very unsanitary for various people to touch it, and then have it put back into an eye socket.  Gross!!