GreaseSpot Cafe

PFAL and WAP what’s the diff ?

T-Bone

23 hours ago, Twinky said:

I think, after all this time, I really don't care any more.  What does WAP stand for anyway - Waste of Abundance and Personality?

Find a decent church, get to know the people there, and see what they DO, not just what they say.

Can't we do both?..........

1. Come to GSC and discuss topics openly
  2. Find a decent church (if you want to)

Put me on the list as one who still cares...........because I believe there is value in transparency.  For those who are still caught in the snare of revering the wierwille-mystique and living a lifetime in a cult, GSC provides answers.  When I feel like my time here is no longer of value, I will stop coming here.

Just five months ago........there was ANOTHER mini-exodus from the cult.  How many?  40? 60? 100?  And, with their exits.....how about their children and grandchildren?  What is the value for them coming to GSC and reading thru these threads?  Will it help them to heal, connect the dots and move forward?  I certainly hope and pray that it does.

I still think that I can do both......walk and chew gum.

If the day comes when I can no longer do both........I'll stop chewing gum.

16 hours ago, skyrider said:

Can't we do both?..........

1. Come to GSC and discuss topics openly
  2. Find a decent church (if you want to)

Put me on the list as one who still cares...........because I believe there is value in transparency.  For those who are still caught in the snare of revering the wierwille-mystique and living a lifetime in a cult, GSC provides answers.  When I feel like my time here is no longer of value, I will stop coming here.

Just five months ago........there was ANOTHER mini-exodus from the cult.  How many?  40? 60? 100?  And, with their exits.....how about their children and grandchildren?  What is the value for them coming to GSC and reading thru these threads?  Will it help them to heal, connect the dots and move forward?  I certainly hope and pray that it does.

I still think that I can do both......walk and chew gum.

If the day comes when I can no longer do both........I'll stop chewing gum.

That’s my hope and prayer too - and part of why I keep sticking around Grease Spot...as I mentioned earlier - part of why I started this thread was I want to keep my story relevant to those still in.

• Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:48 AM, T-Bone said:

That’s my hope and prayer too - and part of why I keep sticking around Grease Spot...as I mentioned earlier - part of why I started this thread was I want to keep my story relevant to those still in.

Oh, it's relevant alright..........thanks, T-Bone.

I find it interesting to study the "class-history" of the twit-cult......

• Stolen class [1953] from BG Leonard.......and swaths of plagiarism from Stiles, Bullinger, Kenyon and others
  • 1967 class............and pulling out segments that confused students / shortening class to 33-hrs
  • 1977 pfal..............scrapped when wierwille couldn't muster the quality/discipline needed
  • WAP.....................featuring dancing doofus and the lesbian sex in the garden
  • WAP..........with corps teaching from the red syllabus [ignoring the white elephant who was ousted and moved to Toledo]
  • WAP2........using 3 guys to "teach" certain sections or whatever........

Have I got that right?  Since I exited before martindale got booted by twi's lawyers.......I heard this stuff on GSC. 

Detailed accounting of twi's deceptive, polished history EXPOSES THE WIERWILLE-MYSTIQUE.......and clears the way for people to exit the twi-cult without guilt, fear or condemnation.  These GSC threads relieve people of the heavy burdens that this RELIGIOUS CULT heaped on the shoulders of the deceived followers. 

Talk about HAPPY THANKSGIVING...................:dance:

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, skyrider said:

• Stolen class [1953] from BG Leonard.......and swaths of plagiarism from Stiles, Bullinger, Kenyon and others
  • 1967 class............and pulling out segments that confused students / shortening class to 33-hrs
  • 1977 pfal..............scrapped when wierwille couldn't muster the quality/discipline needed
  • WAP.....................featuring dancing doofus and the lesbian sex in the garden
  • WAP..........with corps teaching from the red syllabus [ignoring the white elephant who was ousted and moved to Toledo]

Have I got that right?  Since I exited before martindale got booted by twi's lawyers.......I heard this stuff on GSC. 

Detailed accounting of twi's deceptive, polished history EXPOSES THE WIERWILLE-MYSTIQUE.......and clears the way for people to exit the twi-cult without guilt, fear or condemnation.  These GSC threads relieve people of the heavy burdens that this RELIGIOUS CULT heaped on the shoulders of the deceived followers. 

Sky, bingo!!  It really was a religious cult; if I had nothing else to be thankful for, I would be thankful for leaving TWI.:eusa_clap:

16 hours ago, skyrider said:

Yes, no doubt.

Filling in details...

WAP - this one was an interesting one.  So the 67 class was so outdated by this time it looked like season 1 of Star Trek.  Fancy that.  So the "research department" wasn't around, mainly because after the fog years loyboy pretty much fired every single last person in the department.  Then good buddy Wayne started hanging around a bit, he was the family corpse coordinator.   He actually went to class in college unlike football athletes.   This was around the time loyboy is writing his Acts book - the one never mentioned again.  Loyboy is actually probably studying scripture during this time and exchanging notes with Wayne.   They basically took PFAL and re-worked the outline of the class.  This was probably heavily Rozilla involved as she can micromanage a teaching plan like nobody's business.    Then Loy taught it on stage at the auditorium - they re-worked it all and bought broadcast quality cameras.  At the end they paraded him around and gave him a smoking jacket that was reminiscent of Hugh Hefner.   He sent us all a picture from the Bahamas while we were taking 10% pay cuts.

WAP 1.5 - so WAP really was never destined to last.  Too much anger towards the gays.  Too much subtext going on with loyboy losing his wife to Rozilla.  The lawsuits.  The power grab.  The exile.  So in the gap, when in doubt, what do you do?  Make the corpse do the work.  The lesson plan must go on.  So the corpse had to teach out of the red syllabus.  They freak out.  People are doing like 10 hours of prep for every hour of teaching, trying to master the material in a short period of time.   So guidance is given to spend one hour in prep for one hour of teaching.  So classes turn into a read-the-syllabus-a-thon, and sound a lot like the STS.   People sit there with mind-numbingly bored looks on their face.   Corpse interjected personal stories to alleviate their pain.  But oh no, this cannot be.  It must be franchised to be controlled.  Thus

WAP 2.0 - the upgrade.  Teachers without sordid sexual pasts.  Use of broadcast cameras.  And a video review by one of the Stepford wives at the beginning of each segment.  Ladies and gentlemen we have an advancement in animatronics.  A real live person that sounds like a robot you would listen to at Disney.    The rest of the class is just kind of ... meh.  Trying too hard for a metaphor - like chocolicious Rupp.  But hey - now with a lesson plan and broadcast cameras they can rule the world.  All by re-working a set of materials gathered by a plagiarist.   Now they can do things like coming down on corpse for not plugging enough brain dead recipients in to their DVD player, making people do Jehovah's witnessing type neighborhood canvassing, etc. etc.  while they sit back and enjoy the money and the fame. 

Except for that the class is based on re-worked, re-regurgitated research work picked through from old materials.  So it doesn't spread like wildfire.  In fact, this approach drops followers off so fast that they now no longer need to run an Advanced class every year.  

So to me the Way is looking more and more like Jehovah's Witnesses all the time.  Comic book level materials from the ruling class along with a heavy-handed approach mandating sales quotas from oppressed followers.   But hey, they are "staying faithful to their commitment to the Word", right?  Keep taking that blue pill, and keep staying a slave.

Edited by chockfull
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, chockfull said:

Yes, no doubt.

Filling in details...

WAP - this one was an interesting one.  So the 67 class was so outdated by this time it looked like season 1 of Star Trek.  Fancy that.  So the "research department" wasn't around, mainly because after the fog years loyboy pretty much fired every single last person in the department.  Then good buddy Wayne started hanging around a bit, he was the family corpse coordinator.   He actually went to class in college unlike football athletes.   This was around the time loyboy is writing his Acts book - the one never mentioned again.  Loyboy is actually probably studying scripture during this time and exchanging notes with Wayne.   They basically took PFAL and re-worked the outline of the class.  This was probably heavily Rozilla involved as she can micromanage a teaching plan like nobody's business.    Then Loy taught it on stage at the auditorium - they re-worked it all and bought broadcast quality cameras.  At the end they paraded him around and gave him a smoking jacket that was reminiscent of Hugh Hefner.   He sent us all a picture from the Bahamas while we were taking 10% pay cuts.

WAP 1.5 - so WAP really was never destined to last.  Too much anger towards the gays.  Too much subtext going on with loyboy losing his wife to Rozilla.  The lawsuits.  The power grab.  The exile.  So in the gap, when in doubt, what do you do?  Make the corpse do the work.  The lesson plan must go on.  So the corpse had to teach out of the red syllabus.  They freak out.  People are doing like 10 hours of prep for every hour of teaching, trying to master the material in a short period of time.   So guidance is given to spend one hour in prep for one hour of teaching.  So classes turn into a read-the-syllabus-a-thon, and sound a lot like the STS.   People sit there with mind-numbingly bored looks on their face.   Corpse interjected personal stories to alleviate their pain.  But oh no, this cannot be.  It must be franchised to be controlled.  Thus

WAP 2.0 - the upgrade.  Teachers without sordid sexual pasts.  Use of broadcast cameras.  And a video review by one of the Stepford wives at the beginning of each segment.  Ladies and gentlemen we have an advancement in animatronics.  A real live person that sounds like a robot you would listen to at Disney.    The rest of the class is just kind of ... meh.  Trying too hard for a metaphor - like chocolicious Rupp.  But hey - now with a lesson plan and broadcast cameras they can rule the world.  All by re-working a set of materials gathered by a plagiarist.   Now they can do things like coming down on corpse for not plugging enough brain dead recipients in to their DVD player, making people do Jehovah's witnessing type neighborhood canvassing, etc. etc.  while they sit back and enjoy the money and the fame. 

Except for that the class is based on re-worked, re-regurgitated research work picked through from old materials.  So it doesn't spread like wildfire.  In fact, this approach drops followers off so fast that they now no longer need to run an Advanced class every year.  

So to me the Way is looking more and more like Jehovah's Witnesses all the time.  Comic book level materials from the ruling class along with a heavy-handed approach mandating sales quotas from oppressed followers.   But hey, they are "staying faithful to their commitment to the Word", right?  Keep taking that blue pill, and keep staying a slave.

OMG.........un-frikkin-believable

Could it possibly get worse?  This whole thing is seriously warped.

WAP 3.0........mimicking the skinny tie class and storylines?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, skyrider said:

WAP 3.0........mimicking the skinny tie class and storylines?

For some reason, this conjures up images of Davros from the British T.V. series Dr. Who.

For the uninitiated, HERE is some background reference.

"Davros is from the planet Skaro, whose people, the Kaleds, were engaged in a bitter thousand-year war of attrition with their enemies, theThals. He is horribly scarred and disabled, a condition that various spin-off media attribute to his laboratory being attacked by a Thal shell. He has one functioning hand and one cybernetic eye mounted on his forehead to take the place of his real eyes, which he is not able to open for long; for much of his existence he depends completely upon a self-designed mobile life-support chair in place of his lower body. It would become an obvious inspiration for his eventual design of the Dalek. The lower half of his body is absent and he is physically incapable of leaving the chair for more than a few minutes without dying. Davros' voice, like those of the Daleks, is electronically distorted. His manner of speech is generally soft and contemplative, but when angered or excited he is prone to ranting outbursts that resemble the hysterical, staccatissimo speech of the Daleks."

Edited by waysider

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

Yes, no doubt.

Filling in details...

wow wee Chockfull !

thanks for all that...the details and your commentary are ... horrifying !

"glad" I left in '86...although that's still too much time hanging around in crazy-town.

8 hours ago, waysider said:

For some reason, this conjures up images of Davros from the British T.V. series Dr. Who.

For the uninitiated, HERE is some background reference.

"Davros is from the planet Skaro, whose people, the Kaleds, were engaged in a bitter thousand-year war of attrition with their enemies, theThals. He is horribly scarred and disabled, a condition that various spin-off media attribute to his laboratory being attacked by a Thal shell. He has one functioning hand and one cybernetic eye mounted on his forehead to take the place of his real eyes, which he is not able to open for long; for much of his existence he depends completely upon a self-designed mobile life-support chair in place of his lower body. It would become an obvious inspiration for his eventual design of the Dalek. The lower half of his body is absent and he is physically incapable of leaving the chair for more than a few minutes without dying. Davros' voice, like those of the Daleks, is electronically distorted. His manner of speech is generally soft and contemplative, but when angered or excited he is prone to ranting outbursts that resemble the hysterical, staccatissimo speech of the Daleks."

at least this Doctor has legitimate degree from Gallifrey unlike VPW from a diploma mill in Colorado. I would rather follow The Doctor(all 12 incarnations) than doofus Wierwille

• 4 weeks later...

There is no more PFAL, nor is there WAP1 or 2.  There is now version 3, which I have not seen.  But where PFAL was pretty direct, the WAP series seems to be toning down - almost becoming PC to not offend anyone - so true newbies can digest the sessions more easily.

I had PFAL foundational in the last one ever given in my area.  It was more impacting than either of the WAP classes, plus I didn't need to be attending a fellowship.  The WAP classes require one to be attending fellowship first. 

Originally, one would have to demonstrate a true interest in the Word, then would be invited to attend the class.  That has slacked off because of the pressure to run classes.  In my area they have had to run combined branch classes because neither of them has enough new students to run one of their own.  I believe there is supposed to be 5 new students, down from the original 7.

Aside from toning down the teachings, the basic flow of the WAP classes were about the same as PFAL.  Because I still attend a fellowship, and there is a good chance I'll be taking the newest WAP class, I can share my experience afterward.

10 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

There is no more PFAL, nor is there WAP1 or 2.  There is now version 3, which I have not seen.  But where PFAL was pretty direct, the WAP series seems to be toning down - almost becoming PC to not offend anyone - so true newbies can digest the sessions more easily.

I had PFAL foundational in the last one ever given in my area.  It was more impacting than either of the WAP classes, plus I didn't need to be attending a fellowship.  The WAP classes require one to be attending fellowship first. 

Originally, one would have to demonstrate a true interest in the Word, then would be invited to attend the class.  That has slacked off because of the pressure to run classes.  In my area they have had to run combined branch classes because neither of them has enough new students to run one of their own.  I believe there is supposed to be 5 new students, down from the original 7.

Aside from toning down the teachings, the basic flow of the WAP classes were about the same as PFAL.  Because I still attend a fellowship, and there is a good chance I'll be taking the newest WAP class, I can share my experience afterward.

Taxi, thank you for the update!  I took the PFAL class, for the first time in May of 1978.  I thought it was boring, and could not understand why so many people thought it was such a great class. I would love to hear your impressions of the new class, if you would like to share them with us.  Merry Christmas to you, and thank you.