GreaseSpot Cafe

Christian Family and Sex

kingtravel4

Now as well as CFS, there was also a class called "A New Life" taught by Dr Carolyn Rawlins.  This was actually a very good class.  I remember material from that.  I even kept the class notes/handbook from this class - I burned all my other Way class material.  It was a video class, or mostly so (it was such a long time ago) and I've a distant memory that Dr Rawlins taught some parts in person. At least, she was present during and could be asked questions, which were appropriately answered.

I don't know if A New Life was offered to everyone (ie on the field), or just to in rez Corps.

15 minutes ago, Twinky said:

I don't know if A New Life was offered to everyone (ie on the field), or just to in rez Corps.

I took the new life class in 2002 in residence. It was dated, but a very good class that was humorous and very educational. Unfortunately, the class was also recorded with some of tbe trustees/trustee spouses emceeing the class. That came complete with them reading lists of vulgarities referencing genetalia, and sex topics in general that were just crude and out of place. 

Im sure they learned it from vic wierwille. Makes me wonder if vic started doing that stuff to remove boundaries and desensitize students to his perversions. Anywho.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Now as well as CFS, there was also a class called "A New Life" taught by Dr Carolyn Rawlins.  This was actually a very good class.  I remember material from that.  I even kept the class notes/handbook from this class - I burned all my other Way class material.  It was a video class, or mostly so (it was such a long time ago) and I've a distant memory that Dr Rawlins taught some parts in person. At least, she was present during and could be asked questions, which were appropriately answered.

And, once again...........THAT is what made twi a toxic mixture of good and bad.

• "Dr." wierwille taught a sleazy, low-ball, slang-laden sex class and put it in the category of "Christian family"......
  • Dr. Rawlins taught an in-depth, real-life material of life, sex, hormones, and reproduction.....and answered questions from the students.

Amazing to me.......that she, in all her life's experiences and expertise, couldn't see the cult's grip and encroachment on her reputation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, skyrider said:

And, once again...........THAT is what made twi a toxic mixture of good and bad.

• "Dr." wierwille taught a sleazy, low-ball, slang-laden sex class and put it in the category of "Christian family"......
  • Dr. Rawlins taught an in-depth, real-life material of life, sex, hormones, and reproduction.....and answered questions from the students.

Amazing to me.......that she, in all her life's experiences and expertise, couldn't see the cult's grip and encroachment on her reputation.

Sky, perhaps she didn't care. Or, perhaps she liked being a "name" in a sleazy cult.  But your point is good; why would a Dr. want to be associated with TWI??

2002 - things must have changed.  I don't remember lists of vulgarities when I took A New Life. Or maybe I just blanked any vulgarities out. 

I only remember the crudeness with CFS.

• Upvote 1

Grace, if you do a bit more reading around, you'll find she was an early supporter of VPW.  He valued her opinion, so he wouldn't have shown his noxious side when she was around.  And don't forget, so much of what we know now was very well hidden at the time.  She wasn't on campus and she didn't see what actually went on, most likely.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Twinky said:

Grace, if you do a bit more reading around, you'll find she was an early supporter of VPW.  He valued her opinion, so he wouldn't have shown his noxious side when she was around.  And don't forget, so much of what we know now was very well hidden at the time.  She wasn't on campus and she didn't see what actually went on, most likely.

Twinky, good post!!  I think you are right!!

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

2002 - things must have changed.  I don't remember lists of vulgarities when I took A New Life. Or maybe I just blanked any vulgarities out. 

I only remember the crudeness with CFS.

The vetsion we took was a recording of a new life corrdinated by Mrs Owens. The vulgarities came in as part of the class coordination by gunnison leadership and her. I think they thought they were destigmatizing the topics. To be clear, the class material itself was excellent.

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

Hey Twinky,

A New Life was a live class taught by Doc Rawlins to the Corpse when I took it.  I don't believe it was ever offered to a general public.  I completely agree with your assessment - I would even go farther and extend your assessment and say that it has content that is miles beyond most Way classes.  Doc Rawlins was always an advocate for breastfeeding as opposed to formula, and had assisted in many thousands of births when she taught us.  

Her class puts anything the Way puts out to shame.

I'm d@mn glad CFS has it on video.   That plus an active lamaz class or whatever it is they are recommending nowadays to continue education and connect with others is great.

As a personal side note, Doc Rawlins always had $$$$$ so people never messed with her, and she was not party to any of the hijinks of the BOT.

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Sky, perhaps she didn't care. Or, perhaps she liked being a "name" in a sleazy cult.  But your point is good; why would a Dr. want to be associated with TWI??

1 hour ago, Twinky said:

In what I observed and remember........Dr. Rawlins became involved in twi around 1976.  Yes, she was an early supporter of wierwille/twi and her son, Chris, went into the corps program (if I recall correctly).  But even then......Dr. Rawlins was heavily involved in her medical career and on the backside of a long, professional, reputable career wherein she'd impacted thousands of lives.  She stood head-and-shoulders above the cult's agenda and drivel.  Her distinguished career would have filled a wall of plaques and awards.

She had ALREADY established a foundation, lifestyle and reputation before the cult..............yet, she got indoctrinated as well.  From her perch and experiences, I would have thought that she'd see thru the deception and façade and exploitation of this cult before us young-bloods.  Yet, she stayed.......thru the 90s, right?  Even into the rivenbark era? 

Her example was so powerful that she led credibility to the cult........kinda like a Tom Cruise for Scientology.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Awesome.  Wow like the Way critiques us we aren't really up to date with a lot of stuff, right?  But then again, to restrict information flow then front that critique is why you are being played by the Wizard of Oz behind the scenes, now, isn't it?

I will say that whoever has those videos, is blessed.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, skyrider said:

In what I observed and remember........Dr. Rawlins became involved in twi around 1976.  Yes, she was an early supporter of wierwille/twi and her son, Chris, went into the corps program (if I recall correctly).  But even then......Dr. Rawlins was heavily involved in her medical career and on the backside of a long, professional, reputable career wherein she'd impacted thousands of lives.  She stood head-and-shoulders above the cult's agenda and drivel.  Her distinguished career would have filled a wall of plaques and awards.

She had ALREADY established a foundation, lifestyle and reputation before the cult..............yet, she got indoctrinated as well.  From her perch and experiences, I would have thought that she'd see thru the deception and façade and exploitation of this cult before us young-bloods.  Yet, she stayed.......thru the 90s, right?  Even into the rivenbark era? 

Her example was so powerful that she led credibility to the cult........kinda like a Tom Cruise for Scientology.

Sky, you are so right!!  Somehow, I forgot that she had her own practice; she did give TWI class.  But, I do think Twinky was right; she probably wasn't around all the time to see VPW do his dirty deeds. But I do wonder how much she really knew about all the S--t that went on in TWI; I guess we will never really know.

2 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Sky, you are so right!!  Somehow, I forgot that she had her own practice; she did give TWI class.  But, I do think Twinky was right; she probably wasn't around all the time to see VPW do his dirty deeds. But I do wonder how much she really knew about all the S--t that went on in TWI; I guess we will never really know.

The obituary states she retired and moved to NC with Chris and family in 1993.  He is a WC grad, but not active WC, still involved with the Way who knows may still be.

Thus evidence indicates she still maintained a connection with the Way throughout her life.  It is possible she never knew of the things posted on here.  Or didn't have enough first hand exposure to give them credence.  I do not know Chris history and involvement.  But this is what whitewashing does.  It makes a new generation of people that don't know the truth.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I took the new life class in 2002 in residence. It was dated, but a very good class that was humorous and very educational. Unfortunately, the class was also recorded with some of tbe trustees/trustee spouses emceeing the class. That came complete with them reading lists of vulgarities referencing genetalia, and sex topics in general that were just crude and out of place. 

Im sure they learned it from vic wierwille. Makes me wonder if vic started doing that stuff to remove boundaries and desensitize students to his perversions. Anywho.

D@mn.  Perverting even the good on video with their twisted perspective.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

2002 - things must have changed.  

Not to get too far off track, but yes, things had changed drastically by 2002. Lcm was ousted, rosie still had the fresh smell of lawsuits on her breath, and im sure that the irwc program was in stealth mode organizational disarray. Yelling and the bums rush were no longer in vogue, cabin 12 was no longer lcm's brothel, and very few of us knew the whitewashing efforts already in full swing at the director level. 

Im pretty sure at the time leadership was scrambling to figure out a curriculim didnt revolve around lcm and his moggiehood. It was obvious to me, and a few of my friends, that the irwc program was in major flux at the time. Heck, rosie even cancelled lead much to my excitement!! Im thankful they played A New Life. It was an excellent class and a bright spot during my time in residence.

Sadly, im sure its been replaced by the rather lame class Living Gods Word as a Cult....errrr.... i mean Family....lol

Edited by OldSkool

Hi Greasespotters!

Dr. Rawlings birthed all 3 of our babies at St. Margaret's Hospital in Hammond, IN. 1979, 1982, and 1984. Our first was the first baby delivered in the pre-runner to what was to become the Birthing Center named after her at St. Margaret's. We never left the labor room for the delivery room. We did it all right there in the bed in the labor room. Doc was there the whole time for each of our births. We were immediately discharged when Lori and babies were rested, and spent a week at Dr. Rawlins' House after each birth. 

Seymour and Gloria Leven went up to Hammond when they graduated from the family corpse to run a "Medical WOW" twig. There were several corpse grads who worked with her as RNs, Nursing Assistants, a Nurse Midwife, receptionists, secretaries, etc. Mark and Ann Carli (6th corpse grads) were also a part of that medical thang, as Mark was at La Salle Univ in Valparaiso, IN, finishing up his PhD in Clinical Psychology. He was working closely with Seymour in the pre-cursor of what eventually became Couselling Services of OH, in Troy, OH from 1983-1985. They were doing "covert" professional psychiatric and psychological counseling for mostly the wives of "top leadership" in TWIt, many of whom were suffering from Clinical Depression, Bipolar Disorders, and a lot of Anxiety/Panic Attack associated with Major Depressive disorders. I began referring corpse spouses from the Midwest Region first, and then from all over the US Twunk. The support for this whole medical outreach and counseling thing was Don Wierwille, the ONLY genuinely EDUCATED member ever on the TWIt BOT until Rose-a-lie became VP as part of the settlement of the Allen Lawsuit. When they shitcanned da Forehead, Rosie became prez, and Don died of lung cancer in 2001, I think. That's how Rosie became the big Kahuna of TWIt. The "secularization" of TWIt's "spiritual counseling" by "a Jew shrink", approved and supported by Don,  and the reliance upon "sense knowledge degrees and certificates" instead of Da woid and da corpse principles dictor taught us(sic!), "contributed greatly" to the "entire US Twunk" being seduced by the dark side, according to Crazy Chris and POP. But, what really happened was that, the epidemic of mental illness and acute depressive disorders widespread amongst the way corpse worldwide, was exposed AND documented. More importantly it was PROTECTED from TWIt interference because it was founded and run by REAL Doctors, and legally protected patient privacy, and privileged information from being communicated back to the BOTs. But, counseling services of OH digresses from the topic here.

Doc Rawlins was a beloved "hero" in the Natural Childbirth "movement" as well as one of the most influential folks in the formation and expansion of the La Leche League. When she retired, she received the third of three large jars, each filled with 10,000 beebees representing the just over 30,000 childbirths she had attended in her career! That's a fairly good-sized city! She was well-known Nationally and Internationally for her pioneering work in natural childbirth and breastfeeding, and her birthing center. She was a titan in her field. She was a friend.

As to why she was so dedicated to TWIt'n'Vic: Her firstborn child, Craig, was very much like his mother. Extremely bright, personable, and dedicated. His plan was to go to Medical School for OB/GYN and join his Mom in her very busy practice. But, he decided to go WOW first. He was the first in the Rawlins family to take piffle and he was the "star" of the family, as well as the apple of his mother's eye. Everybody loved him. Craig received special permission from dictor to visit his mom while he was on the WOW field. I forget what the occasion was, but on that drive back to Hammond, IN, Craig was killed in a car crash. Carolyn was devastated, as was her entire family, and everyone who had known Craig. Carolyn almost lost it, but dictor brought her to HQ, helped with the memorial and funeral (all at TWIt expense) and hooked her up with Seymour and Gloria who were in-Rez at Rome City. She spent lots of time there at Kneipp Springs, and her closeness to Seymour/Gloria as well as with Dr. Chris and Mary Boulange, who were also in-residence family corpse, was a critical support for her. This was where the Medical Outreach Area in Hammond idea was birthed and staffed. Carolyn was extremely indebted to dictor for all he did for her and her family during the biggest crisis and hurt of her life. And, she loved the Levens as "equals". She so loved Rome City, that when she retired, she bought a cabin on Sylvan Lake in RC, where she fished and ministered to wayfers from all over the world. She loved her cigarettes and her scotch-and-milk, and she was usually humming a tune all day. She loved life. And, since dictor was so integral in helping her accept and survive the traumatic death of her son, and TWIt gave her the perfect place to teach and continue her pioneering work, she was faithful to TWIt until Dotsie was institutionalized by her son Don, in St.Mary's. 

Regarding her "New Life" class, she was totally qualified, one of the tops in her field, to teach that. She was so very knowledgable and her personable engaging teaching style made her an entertaining lecturer. She, like everyone else in TWIt, was a shiny, valuable, reputable distraction from dic's con. She was worth special attention and patronization because she had $$, great reputation and acknowledgement in her profession, and she loved her Lord Jesus Christ. I am so glad I can tell my kids that a genuine legend attended each of their births. Their very first external touch was from a truly great lady. She will be long-remembered and sorely missed. Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Hi Greasespotters!

Dr. Rawlings birthed all 3 of our babies at St. Margaret's Hospital in Hammond, IN. 1979, 1982, and 1984. Our first was the first baby delivered in the pre-runner to what was to become the Birthing Center named after her at St. Margaret's. We never left the labor room for the delivery room. We did it all right there in the bed in the labor room. Doc was there the whole time for each of our births. We were immediately discharged when Lori and babies were rested, and spent a week at Dr. Rawlins' House after each birth. 

Seymour and Gloria Leven went up to Hammond when they graduated from the family corpse to run a "Medical WOW" twig. There were several corpse grads who worked with her as RNs, Nursing Assistants, a Nurse Midwife, receptionists, secretaries, etc. Mark and Ann Carli (6th corpse grads) were also a part of that medical thang, as Mark was at La Salle Univ in Valparaiso, IN, finishing up his PhD in Clinical Psychology. He was working closely with Seymour in the pre-cursor of what eventually became Couselling Services of OH, in Troy, OH from 1983-1985. They were doing "covert" professional psychiatric and psychological counseling for mostly the wives of "top leadership" in TWIt, many of whom were suffering from Clinical Depression, Bipolar Disorders, and a lot of Anxiety/Panic Attack associated with Major Depressive disorders. I began referring corpse spouses from the Midwest Region first, and then from all over the US Twunk. The support for this whole medical outreach and counseling thing was Don Wierwille, the ONLY genuinely EDUCATED member ever on the TWIt BOT until Rose-a-lie became VP as part of the settlement of the Allen Lawsuit. When they dangcanned da Forehead, Rosie became prez, and Don died of lung cancer in 2001, I think. That's how Rosie became the big Kahuna of TWIt. The "secularization" of TWIt's "spiritual counseling" by "a Jew shrink", approved and supported by Don,  and the reliance upon "sense knowledge degrees and certificates" instead of Da woid and da corpse principles dictor taught us(sic!), "contributed greatly" to the "entire US Twunk" being seduced by the dark side, according to Crazy Chris and POP. But, what really happened was that, the epidemic of mental illness and acute depressive disorders widespread amongst the way corpse worldwide, was exposed AND documented. More importantly it was PROTECTED from TWIt interference because it was founded and run by REAL Doctors, and legally protected patient privacy, and privileged information from being communicated back to the BOTs. But, counseling services of OH digresses from the topic here.

Doc Rawlins was a beloved "hero" in the Natural Childbirth "movement" as well as one of the most influential folks in the formation and expansion of the La Leche League. When she retired, she received the third of three large jars, each filled with 10,000 beebees representing the just over 30,000 childbirths she had attended in her career! That's a fairly good-sized city! She was well-known Nationally and Internationally for her pioneering work in natural childbirth and breastfeeding, and her birthing center. She was a titan in her field. She was a friend.

As to why she was so dedicated to TWIt'n'Vic: Her firstborn child, Craig, was very much like his mother. Extremely bright, personable, and dedicated. His plan was to go to Medical School for OB/GYN and join his Mom in her very busy practice. But, he decided to go WOW first. He was the first in the Rawlins family to take piffle and he was the "star" of the family, as well as the apple of his mother's eye. Everybody loved him. Craig received special permission from dictor to visit his mom while he was on the WOW field. I forget what the occasion was, but on that drive back to Hammond, IN, Craig was killed in a car crash. Carolyn was devastated, as was her entire family, and everyone who had known Craig. Carolyn almost lost it, but dictor brought her to HQ, helped with the memorial and funeral (all at TWIt expense) and hooked her up with Seymour and Gloria who were in-Rez at Rome City. She spent lots of time there at Kneipp Springs, and her closeness to Seymour/Gloria as well as with Dr. Chris and Mary Boulange, who were also in-residence family corpse, was a critical support for her. This was where the Medical Outreach Area in Hammond idea was birthed and staffed. Carolyn was extremely indebted to dictor for all he did for her and her family during the biggest crisis and hurt of her life. And, she loved the Levens as "equals". She so loved Rome City, that when she retired, she bought a cabin on Sylvan Lake in RC, where she fished and ministered to wayfers from all over the world. She loved her cigarettes and her scotch-and-milk, and she was usually humming a tune all day. She loved life. And, since dictor was so integral in helping her accept and survive the traumatic death of her son, and TWIt gave her the perfect place to teach and continue her pioneering work, she was faithful to TWIt until Dotsie was institutionalized by her son Don, in St.Mary's. 

Regarding her "New Life" class, she was totally qualified, one of the tops in her field, to teach that. She was so very knowledgable and her personable engaging teaching style made her an entertaining lecturer. She, like everyone else in TWIt, was a shiny, valuable, reputable distraction from dic's con. She was worth special attention and patronization because she had $$, great reputation and acknowledgement in her profession, and she loved her Lord Jesus Christ. I am so glad I can tell my kids that a genuine legend attended each of their births. Their very first external touch was from a truly great lady. She will be long-remembered and sorely missed. Thanks for reading.

DWBH, thanks for your post; I didn't know that she was so influential in the Medical Field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

<snip>

As to why she was so dedicated to TWIt'n'Vic: Her firstborn child, Craig, was very much like his mother. Extremely bright, personable, and dedicated. His plan was to go to Medical School for OB/GYN and join his Mom in her very busy practice. But, he decided to go WOW first. He was the first in the Rawlins family to take piffle and he was the "star" of the family, as well as the apple of his mother's eye. Everybody loved him. Craig received special permission from dictor to visit his mom while he was on the WOW field. I forget what the occasion was, but on that drive back to Hammond, IN, Craig was killed in a car crash. Carolyn was devastated, as was her entire family, and everyone who had known Craig. Carolyn almost lost it, but dictor brought her to HQ, helped with the memorial and funeral (all at TWIt expense) and hooked her up with Seymour and Gloria who were in-Rez at Rome City. She spent lots of time there at Kneipp Springs, and her closeness to Seymour/Gloria as well as with Dr. Chris and Mary Boulange, who were also in-residence family corpse, was a critical support for her. This was where the Medical Outreach Area in Hammond idea was birthed and staffed. Carolyn was extremely indebted to dictor for all he did for her and her family during the biggest crisis and hurt of her life.........

Thanks DWBH.......

Once again, I am amazed to see that ONE CRISIS in a person's life totally cements that person to a cult.  Every dynamic of her life and her son's life was changed, because of his decision to go WOW first......rather than sticking to his plan to go to medical school for OB/GYN.  Life happens right before our eyes.  Each decision alters the next decision......and none of us have foresight.  Even in reading this account, I am saddened to hear that Carolyn had to endure this pain of the death of her son, Craig. 

• There it is again........the dynamic intricacies of "why someone stays in a cult"....
  • Tragedy / Crisis / Death / Transition .......and a cult ensnares your allegiance a lifetime
  • Emotion.......one of the biggest drivers of forming one's allegiance to another

Now it makes more sense...........why she stayed in twi.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Craig received special permission from dictor to visit his mom while he was on the WOW field. I forget what the occasion was, but on that drive back to Hammond, IN, Craig was killed in a car crash. Carolyn was devastated, as was her entire family, and everyone who had known Craig. Carolyn almost lost it, but dictor brought her to HQ, helped with the memorial and funeral (all at TWIt expense) and hooked her up with Seymour and Gloria who were in-Rez at Rome City.

My first WOW year in Syracuse, NY.......we signed up Mark Leven for pfal.  After that class, it wasn't long before his parents, Seymour and Gloria, saw the remarkable changes in his life and got involved in twi.  What a chain of events.............

What an intricate weaving we all added to this cult.........

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, skyrider said:

Thanks DWBH.......

Once again, I am amazed to see that ONE CRISIS in a person's life totally cements that person to a cult.  Every dynamic of her life and her son's life was changed, because of his decision to go WOW first......rather than sticking to his plan to go to medical school for OB/GYN.  Life happens right before our eyes.  Each decision alters the next decision......and none of us have foresight.  Even in reading this account, I am saddened to hear that Carolyn had to endure this pain of the death of her son, Craig. 

• There it is again........the dynamic intricacies of "why someone stays in a cult"....
  • Tragedy / Crisis / Death / Transition .......and a cult ensnares your allegiance a lifetime
  • Emotion.......one of the biggest drivers of forming one's allegiance to another

Now it makes more sense...........why she stayed in twi.  Thanks.

Sky, and DWBH, great posts!!  Now, I understand why Dr. Rollins stayed in TWI; I never knew her son was killed in a car accident.  Years ago I lost my previous niece to Cancer; the death of a child isn't something I would wish on anyone.

• 4 years later...

It took me years to find a copy of the CF&S video. For those interested, here it is:

https://archive.org/details/chr15t14n_f4m17ys3x

Here, deep in the obscure crevasses of Archive.org, is a three session, fifteen+ hour recoding of the thief in clown shoes holding forth. Perhaps, someone here knows the date of the recording. It's a later version, I suspect, because vic apologizes for the omission of the beastiality images - someone advised him to remove them, he admits. He seems sincerely regretful of the omission; you can tell he really wanted to show it and hold forth on his fetish.

In one session he goes into a profoundly immature and stupid exegesis of the Garden and Eve and the Serpent and the Trees. He admits to no proof for his conclusions and only carnal, childish opinion as the source and power of his logic. Even the amateur student, with a mere superficial, elementary understanding of hermeneutics and exegesis, couldn't miss the obvious error, stupidity, mathematical imprecision and scientific inaccuracy of this thief in clown shoes.

For anyone still in denial of victor as the thief, here's some more evidence.

Edited by Nathan_Jr
The music coordinator wears latex gloves.