GreaseSpot Cafe

New DTA Class!!!

OldSkool

Hey, there's a new dta class by the way international! Im sure its the old class offered by twi except highly sanitized of craig martindale, but hey....its new!!, And its an audio class, so now when the teachers leave it wont matter because nobody saw their faces...lol....ok....carry on as u were.

http://theway.org/topic.php?page=news&lang=en&m=1

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1

"how to use their authority and inherent ability to defeat the adversary in the spiritual competition of life and win!"

Holy schmolly...
here I am, stuck at thinking that the whole armour of God enables us to "stand against the wiles of the devil"... or that it's God that can "bruise Satan"... 
but they have (or say that each person has) the authority and "inherent ability" to defeat the adversary?

Isn't that what Christ (and Christ alone, according to Isaiah 63:3) does when he returns? 
(oh... but that's not the extreme defeat they're talking about. check. this is only little "baby steps" towards it...)

Geesschh...  if anyone thought the egotism in TWI couldn't get any more blatant or worse, well.. maybe time to guess again.  

• Like 1

Bwaaaahahahaha! Which adversary? Dictor Paul wierwille?Lurch Craig Forehead, da dancing pwesident? Rose-a-lie Fox Dykenbark? Jean Yves De Liar? There are so many! Pick one, and then call Franklin Graham or Fallwell Jr.  for a cheap exorcism! Or, you can call boob and doody MoneyHands and revive and restore the bullshit from the 70s era dic-fantasies! Either way, the "adversary" will beat your absent jeezus every time! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads-up on TWI’s new DTA class, OldSkool…thought I’d comment on one of the “blessings” listed on their website:

"We have learned the objectives, motives, and methods of our personal adversary. We now recognize how he functions in the world and against our lives. We have been given practical keys to keeping our minds sharp and our eyes open in order not to be fooled by his attacks. We can now walk out with an enlightened understanding of what it means to be in the spiritual competition. We have assured confidence that we are fully equipped to win.”

There’s just a few issues I have – even with just this one testimony from an excited graduate of Defeating the Adversary.

1. How can these qualities or benefits be verified?

2. From my own experience of involvement for 12 years with The Way International – especially in their way corps leadership training program and knowing of the abject hypocrisy and moral depravity of top leadership - I am extremely doubtful that TWI was ever qualified to teach about the motives and methods of a personal adversary or how to be fully equipped to defeat spiritual foes on the attack…unless we’re talking about TWI’s top leadership as being good examples of how “inner demons” (figuratively speaking of course) will get the best of you if you're not honest and repentant. 

3. Thinking about when the passing of a patriarch was read – and many months thereafter of everyone trying to sort through all the blame-shifting and smoke-screen tactics used by the Board of Trustees and Chris G as they supposedly addressed any scandals, division, controversy, and the spiritual status of followers – I tend to think TWI’s followers probably had an understanding that was darkened NOT enlightened as to what was really going on…about anything!

Edited by T-Bone
clarity
  • Upvote 1

I read the comments about this class on the link posted. Same old bs about the household blah blah blah. FYI wayfers you’re not the household and nobody is impressed by the overuse of this word. Also Merry Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas. It’s called Christmas not hoho household prevailing in the 20 th century super duper household holidays lol! Nut job’s

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Your welcome for the link, ive enjoyed the comments and perspective you guys shared. Ive not thought about dta material in years.

Looking back its obviously an amalgamated unit of uncohesive fecal matter. The great princes pull comes to mind. God only being able to talk to spirit. Twi version of devil spirit posession. Geez the list could go on.

Ive got a few thoughts on the 4 fronts of the adversary in regards to twi:

You/Yourself - The first thing the adversary attacks via twi. As boundaries are slowly eroded one finds oneself controlled by

Other People - Cult leaders slowly indoctrinate a person to the point that all one can give goes to the furtherance and survival of the cult. The value and delusion of the counterfeit is increased by its nearness to the likeness of to the genuine is used to trap one in

Religion - Twi is its own mash up of plagarized material extrapolated from various, and sundry. un-cited sources. A hodge podge of secular, spiritist, and Christian ideals that bind the unsuspecting student in reverence to

Idols - Victor Paul Wierwille is twis idol. An honest assessment of that mans life is a case study of the adversaries methods and means utilized by that wolf in sheeps clothing. He greedily fed on the flock of young women, while using donations to live a life of drunken extragavence.

So yeah. Im calling bs on a good portion of the material i was taught in the old dta class. Im sure the new dta is just whats needed for this day and time... :evilshades: ... at this point im sure its moved into the caregory of proven ministry research and is above reproach. A real gem sitting on a velvet pillow, sparkling refracted light in many wondrous directions....its just tremendous.... :evildenk::nono5::biglaugh:

Edited by OldSkool

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Your welcome for the link, ive enjoyed the comments and perspective you guys shared. Ive not thought about dta material in years.

Looking back its obviously an amalgamated unit of uncohesive fecal matter. The great princes pull comes to mind. God only being able to talk to spirit. Twi version of devil spirit posession. Geez the list could go on.

Ive got a few thoughts on the 4 fronts of the adversary in regards to twi:

You/Yourself - The first thing the adversary attacks via twi. As boundaries are slowly eroded one finds oneself controlled by

Other People - Cult leaders slowly indoctrinate a person to the point that all one can give goes to the furtherance and survival of the cult. The value and delusion of the counterfeit is increased by its nearness to the likeness of to the genuine is used to trap one in

Religion - Twi is its own mash up of plagarized material extrapolated from various, and sundry. un-cited sources. A hodge podge of secular, spiritist, and Christian ideals that bind the unsuspecting student in reverence to

Idols - Victor Paul Wierwille is twis idol. An honest assessment of that mans life is a case study of the adversaries methods and means utilized by that wolf in sheeps clothing. He greedily fed on the flock of young women, while using donations to live a life of drunken extragavence.

So yeah. Im calling bs on a good portion of the material i was taught in the old dta class. Im sure the new dta is just whats needed for this day and time... :evilshades: ... at this point im sure its moved into the caregory of proven ministry research and is above reproach. A real gem sitting on a velvet pillow, sparkling refracted light in many wondrous directions....its just tremendous.... :evildenk::nono5::biglaugh:

James 4:7:
Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Uncohesive fecal matter indeed. Whatever happened to Jesus' words about the two greatest commandments? Oh, but if it was that simple, perhaps nobody would need this powerful new advanced studies class!

We have been given practical keys to keeping our minds sharp and our eyes open in order not to be fooled by his attacks.

Hahahahahaha!  Keys to keeping our minds DULL and pulling a VEIL OVER OUR EYES so that we can be fooled by his attacks, more like.

Pity the in rez corps and staff that this class was practiced on, and who were then compelled to write these glowing reviews.

We look forward to the days, months, and years ahead as we claim each victory over our adversary.

Those days will start when you walk away from TWI and start to claim your rights in Christ to be free of oppression, when you stop being a captive of TWI.  Innies - do it now!

• Upvote 1

The 800 pound gorilla in the dta class's living room is the glaring fact that it took approx. 17 years for rosalie to get this class done. Now if thats not inept, im not sure what is. Or maybe theres just not that many staff at hq anymore to pull it off. Im sure if rosie has a choice between sparkling clean sidewalks during a snowstorm or a new class the snow removal option is going to win everytime....lol

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

James 4:7:
Submit yourselves therefore to God.
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Uncohesive fecal matter indeed. Whatever happened to Jesus' words about the two greatest commandments? Oh, but if it was that simple, perhaps nobody would need this powerful new advanced studies class!

Rocky, do you know how much the new AC class costs?

10 hours ago, waysider said:

En Garde!

Will there be retemory cards? We need retemory cards.

:evilshades:

where the he11 did the word "retemory" come from? I vaguely remember something about it being "to retain in memory" - - which seems redundant and awkward to me - - why not just say "memorize" ?

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Yessss!!! And dont forget

morecowbell.jpg

oh yeah - we always need more cowbell - - love it :biglaugh:

2 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Rocky, do you know how much the new AC class costs?

unless TWI is paying students to take the class they're charging way too much :evilshades:

17 hours ago, skyrider said:

Yeah............and the first of four-fronts of the devil that you need to beware of is YOU.    :evilshades:

The prison of the cult NEVER changes...........

yup ! 

and every prison needs a warden and every cult needs a front man...or front woman.  :biglaugh:

Edited by T-Bone
options
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TLC said:

"how to use their authority and inherent ability to defeat the adversary in the spiritual competition of life and win!"

Holy schmolly...
here I am, stuck at thinking that the whole armour of God enables us to "stand against the wiles of the devil"... or that it's God that can "bruise Satan"... 
but they have (or say that each person has) the authority and "inherent ability" to defeat the adversary?

Isn't that what Christ (and Christ alone, according to Isaiah 63:3) does when he returns? 
(oh... but that's not the extreme defeat they're talking about. check. this is only little "baby steps" towards it...)

Geesschh...  if anyone thought the egotism in TWI couldn't get any more blatant or worse, well.. maybe time to guess again.  

16 hours ago, mudflaps said:

I read the comments about this class on the link posted. Same old bs about the household blah blah blah. FYI wayfers you’re not the household and nobody is impressed by the overuse of this word. Also Merry Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas Christmas. It’s called Christmas not hoho household prevailing in the 20 th century super duper household holidays lol! Nut job’s

:eusa_clap:

TLC & mudflaps - great stuff !!!

what a bunch - they are as TWI-centric as ever !

2 hours ago, T-Bone said:

where the he11 did the word "retemory" come from? I vaguely remember something about it being "to retain in memory" - - which seems redundant and awkward to me - - why not just say "memorize" ?

oh yeah - we always need more cowbell - - love it :biglaugh:

unless TWI is paying students to take the class they're charging way too much :evilshades:

T-Bone, that is true!!  But, I would like to know how much the class costs.

12 hours ago, Twinky said:

Pity the in rez corps and staff that this class was practiced on, and who were then compelled to write these glowing reviews.

Omg. If more people only knew how true your statement is Twinky. We were compelled at every class to write feedback on how the classes blessed us. And it was expected of students to ONLY give positive feedback. Not honest feedback but supposed positive feedback. After a few classes the more seasoned grads learn to barf out some tremendous sounding ministry jargon to appease the overlords. Geesh, thank God im free of all that crap.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Twinky said:

Hahahahahaha!  Keys to keeping our minds DULL and pulling a VEIL OVER OUR EYES so that we can be fooled by his attacks, more like.

Those days will start when you walk away from TWI and start to claim your rights in Christ to be free of oppression, when you stop being a captive of TWI.  Innies - do it now!

27 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Omg. If more people only knew how true your statement is Twinky. We were compelled at every class to write feedback on how the classes blessed us. And it was expected of students to ONLY give positive feedback. Not honest feedback but supposed positive feedback. After a few classes the more seasoned grads learn to barf out some tremendous sounding ministry jargon to appease the overlords. Geesh, thank God im free of all that crap.

Yeah - I guess that’s the problem with "the shield of believing" – ineffective as protection from the overlords.

43 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

OS, I think many of us here at the GSC are thankful, we are out of TWI.  However, I do have to admit that I will always be greatful to TWI for one thing; they turned me on to God.