GreaseSpot Cafe

Rivenbark's Cult Tactics 2.0

skyrider

Rosalie Fox Rivenbark snaked her way to the top of wierwille's cult........as health issues (don wierwille/cancer) and legal counsel (craig martindale/sexual predation) ousted these men from wierwille appointments.  In August 2000, Rosalie had the reins of this cult in her hands.

As president, what did Rosalie do for those 16 years of her reign 2000-2016?

• Damage Control Measures........yeah, she had to tread lightly and secretly as martindale was ousted.
  • Slowly and methodically....rebuild and reshape the BOD to give her strategic advantage and cover her weaknesses.
  • Keep the railroads running.......the WAP class was now anathema, so corps were mandated to "teach those wap classes."
  • Micromanage Sunday Services.....the reading of sunday sermons became the norm and a yawn-fest was the result.
  • Three Puppets teach new class.......Rosalie can't teach or inspire anyone.  She rules by fear and intimidation.
  • Strategically build twi's financial assets to $64 Million.........in case people and abs-contributions dissipate.
  • Run off staffers that have health issues.......silence anyone in twi that is asking too many questions.
  • Keep debt policies in place........no matter how many times it was researched and debunked.
  • People keep exiting the twit-cult.......but people are replaceable.  Always have been.

The Resistance was growing:  Resistance to the same old, same old micromanagement.  Boring teachings, pathetic classes, sanitized explanations........the outreach was dead.  More corps were exiting that those being "trained" each year.  The programs were a joke.......and no one was laughing. 

FINALLY.........enough corpse leaders rallied to challenge Rosalie.  She had her shot.....and failed.  She was too legalistic.  And, now......too old.

FINALLY.........by August 2016, a seven-page letter was sent to address their concerns and dissent.  Rosalie refused to give audience to such claims, but would be willing to meet with corps couples.  She refused to give them advantage in numbers......trying to suppress these claims and then, target those who speak out.

FINALLY.........a new president is "installed" in January 2017.  LOL.   And, Rosalie is slotted as vice-president !!  Months later,...........the moynihans, horneys, forts, fredericks, sheldons, etc. are labeled with the pozzezzed label, m&a.  What a kick in the head !?!?  Same damn thing that wierwille did over and over again...only different terminology.  Rosalie and Donna even bring in Marcia Faulk Greene to add to the girls' club.......as Chandler, Bill & Marcia's son, is the (cough, cough) corps coordinator.  Circle the wagons and buy another keg of beer.  Woohoo.

The Cult will continue to find a way to survive......and scheme......and deceive.

Rosalie's Cult Tactics 2.0

• Re-teach old classes with new faces to reach a new generation.....
  • The wagon train moves forward......it may be grueling, but it's moving....
  • It doesn't matter how many remain.......whatever it is, it's a "remnant of the faithful"
  • Delusional and deceived, the cult is not going to change........EVER.
  • And, Rosalie is going to wield power as long as possible.
  • When she can't..........Donna and Marcia will.

Edited by skyrider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gteat summation sky. Twi, n rosie n the gang desperatley need the past hidden in the same way rosalie n donnas deceitful leadetship duo is hidden. Yeah, donna n rosie ditched okie doofus, but donna martindale still sits behind the scenes like emperor palpatine. 

In many ways im thankful to pawtucket for keeping gsc alive n running. Twi sordid past is here for the viewing. Once their past is understood then the present becomes more transparent.

8 hours ago, skyrider said:

(SNIP)...

The Cult will continue to find a way to survive......and scheme......and deceive.

Rosalie's Cult Tactics 2.0

• Re-teach old classes with new faces to reach a new generation.....
  • The wagon train moves forward......it may be grueling, but it's moving....
  • It doesn't matter how many remain.......whatever it is, it's a "remnant of the faithful"
  • Delusional and deceived, the cult is not going to change........EVER.
  • And, Rosalie is going to wield power as long as possible.
  • When she can't..........Donna and Marcia will.

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Gteat summation sky. Twi, n rosie n the gang desperatley need the past hidden in the same way rosalie n donnas deceitful leadetship duo is hidden. Yeah, donna n rosie ditched okie doofus, but donna martindale still sits behind the scenes like emperor palpatine. 

In many ways im thankful to pawtucket for keeping gsc alive n running. Twi sordid past is here for the viewing. Once their past is understood then the present becomes more transparent.

These posts got me thinking about how when one joins TWI and sticks around for a while – they adopt a unique filter for how to look at things – whether the past, present or future. Something I remember from Everything You’ve Been Taught Is Wrong: Fact, Fiction and Lies in American History by James Loewen on CD     

– it goes along the lines of history being a fabrication – something that is man-made.

My 2-bit opinion agrees with Loewen…besides knowing that history is a study of the past by folks who may not always get all the facts straight, who may have a bias or two, who may filter out things they deem unimportant, I figure it never hurts to check out history from several different sources – from folks who may have a different take on things.

That’s the beauty of Grease Spot Café. Sometimes new folks come here and paint Grease Spotters with broad strokes. But even a cursory reading of About the Way  and Doctrinal forums reveal there’s quite a difference of opinion in what’s wrong with TWI – told from the unique perspective of each person’s experiences

The “official” history of The Way International – is a fabrication alright! A great tactic to hide all the deceptive, manipulative, exploitive, abusive, destructive things that they have done and will continue to do. The Way International - always the  consummate chameleon with a carefully planned strategy that adapts to every situation. It may change its color…its outward appearance…but remember it is still a chameleon.

Edited by T-Bone
corrections
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 8:12 AM, skyrider said:

FINALLY.........enough corpse leaders rallied to challenge Rosalie.  She had her shot.....and failed.  She was too legalistic.  And, now......too old.

sky, maybe you aren't aware, but at around this time Rosalie also dispensed with the research department.  She felt we have all the truth we need.  I was stunned when I learned that.

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

sky, maybe you aren't aware, but at around this time Rosalie also dispensed with the research department.  She felt we have all the truth we need.  I was stunned when I learned that.

She finally publicly recognized what has been in practice for years. When i left hq (and twi) in 2008 the so called research department was staffed by one cabinet guy who also ran building services, and had a lot of other additional responsibility. He was less than part time in research, which of course was not really research at all, but comparing questions from way publications, president publications, mostly concerning future sts and way magazine articles to proven ministry research. Basically making sure nothing contradicted what vpw had written, or had others write in his name. Way pub would also query many trivial points in revising twi books, but nothing that would challenge core twi doctrines, which are above question.

On 12/23/2017 at 8:15 PM, Taxidev said:

She should speak for herself, and not for the many tens of thousands of people who came to that ministry exactly for that purpose - to learn the keys to researching the Bible.  

Now they're not doing that anymore.  Because they have already "arrived".    They can't even see themselves in the book of I John.

Edited by chockfull

22 minutes ago, chockfull said:

She should speak for herself, and not for the many tens of thousands of people who came to that ministry exactly for that purpose - to learn the keys to researching the Bible.  

Now they're not doing that anymore.

Well, they sure claim to be doing that research! Liars.

http://theway.org/topic.php?page=about&lang=en&m=1

30 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Well, they sure claim to be doing that research! Liars.

http://theway.org/topic.php?page=about&lang=en&m=1

The Way is a worldwide, nondenominational Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry without a research department and not much fellowship because it's divided off by people's debt status.  But they have plenty of ways to "teach" i.e. talk at you from a platform, video, house chair, etc.

The Way is inauthentic.  What is on the cover of the book is not what is in the book.

Edited by chockfull

5 hours ago, Taxidev said:

So, don't judge this book by its cover, you'll be sorely disappointed.

You may mean well, but that's a misuse of the idiom.

In PFLAP, Dictor made a point of illustrating the distinction of whether the label was deceptive.

The idiom "not judging a book by its cover" supposes the label is correct (accurate as far as it goes) but may not provide a good way to assess the quality of the material inside.

Edited by Rocky
hit save too soon

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, T-Bone said:

That’s the beauty of Grease Spot Café. Sometimes new folks come here and paint Grease Spotters with broad strokes. But even a cursory reading of About the Way  and Doctrinal forums reveal there’s quite a difference of opinion in what’s wrong with TWI – told from the unique perspective of each person’s experiences

The “official” history of The Way International – is a fabrication alright! A great tactic to hide all the deceptive, manipulative, exploitive, abusive, destructive things that they have done and will continue to do. The Way International - always the  consummate chameleon with a carefully planned strategy that adapts to every situation. It may change its color…its outward appearance…but remember it is still a chameleon.

I really think GSC is still a lot of innies as well as people who have left's guilty pleasure.    People like to hear the ring of the truth.  Especially in a highly controlled environment that is putting out a LIE as the big party line.

The Way doesn't have ANY kind of a history put out there - little less an OFFICIAL history.  Actually the only history of the Way you are going to find anywhere is here on GSC.  It just isn't told other places.  The Way is too C-H-I-C-K-E-N to put out an official history.   Because it would cause your average person to say "No, thank you" to an invitation to attend one of their fellowships.  It's OK I can do the last 25 years or so for you in one little rhyme including foreshadowing for the future LOL.  

:dance: History of the Way (to finger snaps) :dance:

BellaDonna and RosieFox sittin' in a tree

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

First comes love

Then comes the dissolving of a marriage

Then comes baby Jean-Yves

In a Pharisee carriage

:dance: (snap) :dance:

With a side of "Yes Ma'am".  For Chocolicious Sam I am.

And a little blue pill.  For Magic Bill.

7 hours ago, Taxidev said:

So, don't judge this book by its cover, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Ive read it cover to cover and was sorely disappointed. I know all the directors personally and am known by them. I mean no offense to you and dont wanna sound like a jerk when i say that its you that should beware of twi, doctrinally, and especially practically. My advice is prove all things and hold fast to the good....also check that scripture about by good words and fair speeches they decieve the hearts of the simple. Here at gsc u can find a fairly accurate snapshot of twis past starting with wierwolf. Martindales reign of terror is here too. I personally witnessed the coverup and whitewashing efforts of rozilla, twis lawyers and so many more. I was at hq working several corps assignments and reported directly to two of the vice presidents during the timeframe the coverup machine went into overdrive to hide twis extremely sordid past. Rosalie is an evil woman and a deceiver who has no problem eliminating those who dare express the slightest dissent. Anywho....have fun with that book my friend, ive extricated myself from twi. Im only thankful that God's purposes are accomplished in spite of false peophets and cult leaders.

Edited by OldSkool
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Ive read it cover to cover and was sorely disappointed. I know all the directors personally and am known by them. I mean no offense to you and dont wanna sound like a jerk when i say that its you that should beware of twi, doctrinally, and especially practically. My advice is prove all things and hold fast to the good....also check that scripture about by good words and fair speeches they decieve the hearts of the simple. Here at gsc u can find a fairly accurate snapshot of twis past starting with wierwolf. Martindales reign of terror is here too. I personally witnessed the coverup and whitewashing efforts of rozilla, twis lawyers and so many more. I was at hq working several corps assignments and reported directly to two of the vice presidents during the timeframe the coverup machine went into overdrive to hide twis extremely sordid past. Rosalie is an evil woman and a deceiver who has no problem eliminating those who dare express the slightest dissent. Anywho....have fun with that book my friend, ive extricated myself from twi. Im only thankful that God's purposes are accomplished in spite of false peophets and cult leaders.

OS, great post!  It has been almost 40 years, since I was first involved with TWI.  I was a young girl, who loved God, and wanted to help move "the Word."  There were thousands of young people in TWI, who felt the same way I did.  We went WOW, some of us joined the Corps, or lead TWIGS.  We were young, and on fire for God.  We thought we were doing Godly work, and gave willingly of our money, and time.  However, knowing what I know now, I think we were deceived by VPW, and his minions.  If I, and thousands like me, had known how evil VPW really was, we would never had gotten involved with TWI. I often think if TWI really had been of God, how much good it could have accomplished through out the world.  What a huge waste of people, and all their resources.

9 hours ago, OldSkool said:

So much more class than my post.

I rhyme to shake out the cobwebs.  Because to me although I knew certain details, putting them together into a large picture just didn't happen.  The circuits were disconnected.  It took too many years and too much personal impact to my life to put those details together into a coherent picture.  And that coherent picture includes a detailed historic timeline of the Way.  From inception to current.   And it is NOT what they project.  People don't work that hard to hide things that are appropriate, true, honest, just, lovely.  They work that hard to hide the exact things we bring to light here.  That do exist.  That are true.   People live according to the lusts of their own belly.  Those lusts in many ways are for power and influence.  They worship their positions in the organization.   The only overarching truth in their minds is "God called ME to THIS POSITION".   Therefore they shut their ears.  Actually their ears were welded shut by their own lusts for power.

I used to know all of those fools and they me.  In a time where it was my whole life.   During a time where all I had was fake friends.  A false "household".   That false "household" led me to treat real friends poorly, real family poorly, real Christians poorly, real community from a position of condescension.  The same way the false "household" treats people today.  Why?  Because they can't help it.  Draconian rules.  One way conversation.  Teaching / Talking at people.    Narcissistic viewpoints.

The "household" I have today is kind of a ragtag amalgamation.   I've got the family component.  I've got the pet component, one that a corpse lifestyle never accomodated.  I've got the neighbors friends component - a real community.  You know, cookie exchanges, birthday golf.  Shooting.  Prayers over holiday meals.  Respect each others church.  One I didn't have moving rental to rental.   I've got longtime friends that I visit.  I've got real hobbies.  I've got a career.   The people I work with are like a strange family of sorts.   There's politics at times.  But nothing of the Way magnitude of viper's den.   I've got my faith.  I've got a church.  And a new viewpoint on the stupidity of fundamentalism.  

Actually, my life isn't all that bad today all these years after leaving the Way.

So why do I still come here and make up funny little rhymes?  I could give a flippant answer, but honestly coming here and reading and writing helps me to recover from that false "household".  I'm still putting together threads of truth from that whole time period, years later.  And in a way, I guess the posters here are a part of the ragtag amalgamation of a household I've got going on now.  And if my meanderings help inspire similar paths, then perhaps I also am performing my 18 Hail Mary's as an act of contrition from being a part of the Way leadership.

So go ahead and judge me and my "household"  I know you've been doing it for years anyway.   I'd put it up against yours any day of the week, Way followers. R&R aspiring "leadership", splinter group followers and leaders.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OldSkool said:

I mean no offense to you and dont wanna sound like a jerk when i say that its you that should beware of twi

No offense taken, and I appreciate the insight from all of you "old timers" here.  I have seen quite bit in my short time associated with twi, and I have heard some horror stories about the lower NY area, which is where I am.  I was an intermediate grad when Martindale crashed and burned, and attended the advanced class in Gunnison because of all the turmoil in Ohio.

I have mentioned in other threads that I am committed to no organization, I listen to a variety of teachers, both ministerial and secular, and I do my best at being like a Berean.  I am fortunate that my fellowship coordinator is a really excellent teacher.  She hasn't been completely brain washed, and gets into some great depth in her teachings.  But I also scrutinize what she teaches anyway.

BTW, it would take a lot to offend me.  Please don't ever think you need to treat me with kid gloves.  I've been around a bit.

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

No offense taken, and I appreciate the insight from all of you "old timers" here.  I have seen quite bit in my short time associated with twi, and I have heard some horror stories about the lower NY area, which is where I am. 

I became involved with twi in nyc. My fellowship was in Flushing and my first foundational class was in 96 in Kew Gardens. We should pm one another.

I'm impressed they were able to get together a class by 1996. In 1989, twi effectively kicked out 4/5 of its leadership and members, and reduced twi membership in NYC to a ghost town. (Intermediate-class grads became Territory Coordinators of the twigs-worth of people left in the Territory, and so on.)   BQSI was no different than the rest, there-in fact, it was quite typical that way.

5 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I'm impressed they were able to get together a class by 1996. In 1989, twi effectively kicked out 4/5 of its leadership and members, and reduced twi membership in NYC to a ghost town. (Intermediate-class grads became Territory Coordinators of the twigs-worth of people left in the Territory, and so on.)   BQSI was no different than the rest, there-in fact, it was quite typical that way.

2 hours ago, krys said:

I think they were probably children of innies who have come of age.

At the time there were no fellowships in Manhatten, which i could never understand until now. There were smaller branches/fellowships dotted throughout the Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx but extremely small compared to the population, obviously.

The guys who got me involved werent grown way kids. Just folks who had been sucked in to twi by word of mouth, like myself.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:57 AM, OldSkool said:

S... one cabinet guy who also ran building services, and had a lot of other additional responsibility. He was less than part time in research, which of course was not really research at all, but comparing questions from way publications, president publications, mostly concerning future sts and way magazine articles to proven ministry research. Basically making sure nothing contradicted what vpw had written, or had others write in his name. ...

"proven ministry research"     :jump: hahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Upvote 1