GreaseSpot Cafe

The Remnant

OldSkool

Twi has been sending out ornaments to their fellowship coordinators with the following comment attached:

"The Remnant: Those that stay behind after all others have left. The remnant in the biblical sense, was actually the best part of a piece of clothing, or material due to its quality or durability. So it is spiritually. Throughout the old testament, within every generation, it always came down to a small remnant of believers who stood and believed when all others had left. We can see it in every generation. Still see it today. Stay strong oh ye remnant of the Lord!"

Now, all i can say is this appears to be a pretty cheesy effort at damage control since so many folks split with revival and restoration. Im gonna do a tshirt that says "i stood as the faithful remnant in the way international and all i got was this crappy ornament."  :biglaugh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Twi has been sending out ornaments to their fellowship coordinators with the following comment attached:

"The Remnant: Those that stay behind after all others have left. The remnant in the biblical sense, was actually the best part of a piece of clothing, or material due to its quality or durability. So it is spiritually. Throughout the old testament, within every generation, it always came down to a small remnant of believers who stood and believed when all others had left. We can see it in every generation. Still see it today. Stay strong oh ye remnant of the Lord!"

Now, all i can say is this appears to be a pretty cheesy effort at damage control since so many folks split with revival and restoration. Im gonna do a tshirt that says "i stood as the faithful remnant in the way international and all i got was this crappy ornament."  :biglaugh:

Holy Schmoly.........that ornament sounds like it comes with devil spirits attached.  /sarc

Remember when we used to take items to throw in the fire at Burn the Chaff day?  Things like.........record albums, crosses, jewelry, idols, ornaments, pictures, etc. anything where devil spirits hitched a ride into a person's life? 

OMG.........could this cult thing get any more whacked?  :evildenk:

Edited by skyrider
added /sarc tag -- to be sure it was understood
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OldSkool said:

That’s pitiful and funny at the same time, OldSkool

…so I’m thinking “a piece of clothing”…like…patches! Then I thought of the tune “Patches” by Clarence Carter…so I listened to the tune and thought – yeah good way to offset the loss to their pockets and roster – check out the key part of the song Patches:

“…For, life had kick him down to the ground
When he tried to get up
Life would kick him back down
One day Papa called me to his dyin' bed
Put his hands on my shoulders
And in his tears he said

He said, Patches
I'm dependin' on you, son
To pull the family through
My son, it's all left up to you…”

== == == == 

== == == ==

hark - the voice of one such remnant: 

“It’s all up to me now…Oh the scriptural drama and urgency of it all is almost overwhelming…I will carry on with the four fifteens....say, is there a chance I can get ordained anytime soon?...Reverend Patches! Has a nice ring to it, doesn’t it?"

here's the actual tune Patches 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, OldSkool said:

So Way followers.  You are like:

a. the house guest that never leaves.

b. a nice old comfortable shirt

c. an advocate for a standing job as opposed to a desk job

d. being observed by someone who is very old

Did I get those simile's right?

:spy:

But you know, Way Nash  I think you might be not first to this concept:

http://theremnantchurch.net/

It's a cool little church.  Down in this Texas town.  Called La Grange.

In the Bible, almost all the references in the KJV to the word "remnant" are specifically referring to Israel.  In fact, the NT only uses the word six times.

In Matthew 22:6, it's used in a parable about the kingdom of heaven. The remnant REJECTED the kingdom.

In Romans 9:27, it specifies it speaks of a remnant OF ISRAEL.

In Romans 11:5, it's in a whole passage talking about ISRAEL.

In Revelation 11:13, it's a bit ambiguous who it's referring to (i.e., are they part of those who tortured the 2 prophets, etc.)

In Revelation 12:17 it's positive.

In Revelation 19:21, it's NEGATIVE- Jesus slays the remnant of the worshipers of the beast and false prophet, wiping them out.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OldSkool said:

The first usage of the word "remnant" in the KJV is Exodus 26:12.  There it actually speaks of cloth.

"12 And the remnant that remaineth of the curtains of the tent, the half curtain that remaineth, shall hang over the backside of the tabernacle."

Strong's specifies that the word translated "and the remnant" here means, literally, "a redundancy."

In other words, it's the extra cloth that isn't needed.

According to the pfal system of things, the first usage of a word has special significance to its usage all through Scripture.

"the best part of a piece of clothing" is FAR from what the usage is "in the Biblical sense." In fact, Biblically, it's almost the opposite from the beginning, it's left over after the job is done.

twi's job has been done. It's "faithful remnant" are the people left over after it's been made redundant by hundreds of Christian groups who get the job done better.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, OldSkool said:

"True" gle Translate:

So, now that we have marked and avoided another batch of people, some of which were on our salary, we have some extra money due to cutting them and we actually have a lot less followers too to send a gift to.  So what to do?  Spend the extra money spent on axing salaries to buy a cheesy ornament for those followers not smart enough to leave with the crowd.  Write down some sentimental words that express your power grab over decades, calling that "standing and believing".  Throw in a nice little KJV "Oh ye" at the end to sound more formal.

Done and done.

Way followers, there's your Christmas present.  Except you can't say Christmas.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 9:20 PM, modcat5 said:

More like residue.

Very funny, modcat.

Craig was always going on about the "faithful remnant."  The remaining or best part of the cloth.

I posted something here once, something that came to me when I was  cleaning the sink.  My cleaning cloth was somewhat worn, a bit threadbare in the middle.  It struck me then, as I scrunched up my cloth seeking a usable bit of cleaning fabric, that the "remnant" was the bit left over, the bit that hadn't (as it were) pulled its weight and given its all.

And that rather fits with what WW has posted, about redundancy. 

What the heck are they doing anyway, giving out Christmas presents (and not just tacky diaries) and using the abundant sharing for such expenditure?

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The first usage of the word "remnant" in the KJV is Exodus 26:12.  There it actually speaks of cloth.

"12 And the remnant that remaineth of the curtains of the tent, the half curtain that remaineth, shall hang over the backside of the tabernacle."

Strong's specifies that the word translated "and the remnant" here means, literally, "a redundancy."

In other words, it's the extra cloth that isn't needed.

According to the pfal system of things, the first usage of a word has special significance to its usage all through Scripture.

"the best part of a piece of clothing" is FAR from what the usage is "in the Biblical sense." In fact, Biblically, it's almost the opposite from the beginning, it's left over after the job is done.

twi's job has been done. It's "faithful remnant" are the people left over after it's been made redundant by hundreds of Christian groups who get the job done better.

Nice bit of "PFAL research", WordWolf – and I’d like to offer an alternate interpretation as well –

The remnant left over after the job is done – which could also refer to the those who  stick around TWI oblivious to the royal screwjob that’s still being done (note: "still being done" is in the present continuous tense - which agrees with the context of the situation - being present during a royal screwjob would make anyone tense)

Edited by T-Bone
textual cynicism
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:36 AM, WordWolf said:

In the Bible, almost all the references in the KJV to the word "remnant" are specifically referring to Israel.  In fact, the NT only uses the word six times.

In Matthew 22:6, it's used in a parable about the kingdom of heaven. The remnant REJECTED the kingdom.

In Romans 9:27, it specifies it speaks of a remnant OF ISRAEL.

In Romans 11:5, it's in a whole passage talking about ISRAEL.

In Revelation 11:13, it's a bit ambiguous who it's referring to (i.e., are they part of those who tortured the 2 prophets, etc.)

In Revelation 12:17 it's positive.

In Revelation 19:21, it's NEGATIVE- Jesus slays the remnant of the worshipers of the beast and false prophet, wiping them out.

Don't confuse me with the truth.

• Upvote 1