GreaseSpot Cafe

1 hour ago, Mike said:

There are only SOME things that I know better than anybody else, BECAUSE I’ve had my face in the collaterals for the past 20 years (after a break for 10 years) with zero TWI interference.  So some things I definitely have a one-up on.

I do NOT know it all; not even close.

A THREAD JUST FOR MIKE - post from the Theopneustos thread

Let's make it easy.

Nike, give us ONE THING that you know better than anybody else.  ONE THING from the collaterals that you know and apply better than anyone here.  ONE THING that works. 

Note: from the collaterals.  So that means you aren't referring to the Bible or quoting verses, since elsewhere you've disavowed the Bible as anything other than "background."  Be sure also that you aren't plagiarising other people's work.

ONE THING.  Quote one paragraph or sentence, one pronouncement of VPW.  Then, show how it applies.  How YOU have benefitted from it.

EVERYBODY ELSE: please keep off thread.  No tangents to distract him.  Let's see if he actually has anything. 

• Upvote 1

Question is, though: What did Mike learn?  Still waiting to hear from him.  Just ONE THING.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

THE one thing I learned from piffle:

CHRISTIANITY: What It Is NOT.

What about that 1971-73 genuine white hot Christianity on Long Island we both saw? 

That was 100% PFAL fueled for most of the participants in Suffolk Co. and I think for Nassau Co. as well. The foundational class was at the center of it all. That was before blue forms.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

What about that 1971-73 genuine white hot Christianity on Long Island we both saw? 

That was 100% PFAL fueled for most of the participants in Suffolk Co. and I think for Nassau Co. as well. The foundational class was at the center of it all. That was before blue forms.

How do you know it was caused by "100% PFAL" and not a larger, Body of Christ movement inspired by the actual bible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Wait more. I don't like being pushed around. Do you?

I prefer to respond if someone asks me direct questions.  Do you?

And (as per the scriptures) I'm always ready to share how great my God is and speak of his wonders.  Are you?

ONE THING, Mike.  ONE THING.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

How do you know it was caused by "100% PFAL" and not a larger, Body of Christ movement inspired by the actual bible?

You mean, like a handful of Christians from the House of Acts, transplanted from where they were doing the things of God over there, sent to NY to do some of those but especially to hawk twi and pfal?  Something like that would run hot for a while, then the bureaucracy they signed up to would cool things down, as milk cools down hot coffee and adulterates it.

Wordwolf, appreciate your comment, but I really want this thread for ONE THING that Mike can tell us.  Then that ONE THING won't get lost in clutter about other tangential issues.  (Please don't respond here.)

Noticeably, Mike hasn't posted anything substantive on this thread yet, too busy with the "God-breathed" thread.

Edited by Twinky

8 hours ago, Mike said:

Wait more. I don't like being pushed around. Do you?

Not doing a very good job at sales are you? I bet if someone asked you for ONE THING about your car, your house, your dog you'd have no trouble answering them.

Pushed around? Isn't this negative believing?

Rather than displaying a lot of negative believing (which shows us how PLAF failed even you), why don't you renew your mind and present one thing?

Edited by So_crates

8 hours ago, Rocky said:

For two years it was only one fellowship with mostly teenagers. Two brothers and their mother started the fellowship and none of them had any religious background. Most had never read a book. They were clean slates almost. I was RC and had zero going for me spiritually before PFAL. The class was all we had to fuel us. It did.  There was absolutely zero influence by other churches or movements there when I was there.

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

You mean, like a handful of Christians from the House of Acts, transplanted from where they were doing the things of God over there, sent to NY to do some of those but especially to hawk twi and pfal?  Something like that would run hot for a while, then the bureaucracy they signed up to would cool things down, as milk cools down hot coffee and adulterates it.

We only had one person from the House of Acts. He was only there for part of the time, was only 17 years old, and was total jerk. No one liked him and he left.  It was white hot and it revolved around PFAL. You are totally CORRECT about the bureaucracy cooling things down.

4 hours ago, Twinky said:

Wordwolf, appreciate your comment, but I really want this thread for ONE THING that Mike can tell us.  Then that ONE THING won't get lost in clutter about other tangential issues.  (Please don't respond here.)

Noticeably, Mike hasn't posted anything substantive on this thread yet, too busy with the "God-breathed" thread.

If you were paying better attention to the content of my posts you'd have realized by now that I have placed ONE THING on that thread. It's the "Christ formed" conversation I'm having with TLC there.

I prefer to derail this one because I don't like your Church Lady tactics. Your TWI hem is showing.

Edited by Mike

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you were paying better attention to the content of my posts you'd have realized by now that I have placed ONE THING on that thread. I prefer to derail this one because I don't like your Church Lady tactics. Your TWI hem is showing.

Again with negative believing. Where's your renewed mind?

I thought the purpose of you being here was all those audience members we don't know who pro-PLAF.

So, then, why are you seeking our approval?

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

If you were paying better attention to the content of my posts you'd have realized by now that I have placed ONE THING on that thread. It's the "Christ formed" conversation I'm having with TLC there.

I prefer to derail this one because I don't like your Church Lady tactics. Your TWI hem is showing.

I'm a zillion miles from "church lady," thanks. 

I'm a lawyer; it's my "legal hem" that you perceive (if anything).  One that would keep on at any evasive witness, or partial documentation, until finally the truth emerges.

If you have learned anything about "Christ formed" in the collaterals or Orange Book, do please post it.  Your posts, however, indicate that this is a topic you're still "exploring," because it's inadequately covered in PFAL.

Nobody wants to "pay better attention" to your posts; we're all bored by your evasive antics.  That's why this thread is here:  so that you can present a simple, clear, concise, ONE THING.  If indeed there is ONE THING.  Or ANY thing.

Anyway.  I'm bored.  I'm done with this "witness."  Dismissed.  He has nothing to add.  If anyone spots any new information, do please PM me

• Upvote 1

This forum is About the Way

This topic/question is About Mike.

It's About Mike in a way that other topics are already about Mike's thesis.

What is Christianity? What is not Christianity? Answer either of those questions and you're in doctrinal, no?

Folks. we don't start new threads to call people out. This thread calls Mike out. Mike interprets that as being pushed around. He's got a point.

This thread is an offshoot of another thread that doesn't appear to need any more offshoots. Feel free to return to that thread to continue that discussion.

Peace.