GreaseSpot Cafe

Cat Woman

GoldStar

On 2/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, GoldStar said:

Hi Chockfull,

Thank you for your welcome...

I also read some of your threads before I signed up here, and considered that you also seemed to be of good-willed and well-reasoned as I felt about Penworks.  I hope we can have intelligent conversations.

I am curious to know if head "Cat Woman" you refer to is either of or both the one that I and Penworks are talking about, can you provide more de-Tails ?

Funky ameoba patterns as a description of leopard skin spots tickled the funny bone in my mind :)

I think you apologized for your mention of the burning "Bush" in a previous comment, but I was unable to reply because I was spanked by a moderator here and told to go sit in a corner with a dunce cap on for a day or two.

I turned the dunce cap upside down and cut a hole in the tip and used it for a megaphone for my latest post, I hope you will read it even though it is long and wordy.

I did not think you did anything wrong by mentioning Bush, my point of view was that by mentioning a well-known political figure in a post, it opened the door to politics.  But you were not chastised for opening the door, but I was for walking through it.

Funny how politics works

By the way, in that same other post, you asked:

What public figure ever supported VPW?

I do remember hearing that he was invited to the inauguration of Ronald Reagan, but who know if that was true.  I do have a vague memory of seeing VPW in a full formal suit with a high top hat like men might have worn to a presidential inaguration 100 years ago, but that memory is faded, don't remember if it was a pcture or video or what

Hey GoldStar,

The cat women were all dressed so similarly and like what if some of them have children?  Hence the reluctance for names and details.  Sorry for being vague but I thought more about it.

Yes that one thread where I mentioned the ex-Pres W and Billy kind of took off on its own.  I was just thinking more of what you said - "what public figure ever supported Drambuie boy?"  So from what I was told about the Reagan inauguration invite, it was due to a direct political campaign contribution for a local GOP member.  Your ABS at work - LOL.  

The mods don't chastise me too much because they recognize my true expertise in the use of emoticons LOL

:rolleyes:

Anyways thanks for sharing your ideas.  I'm not sure what we try to keep this place except alive, but I'm glad for a place to hear "the other side of the story" than the bronze Timothy statue outside the fence with the whitewash.  I mean even in the classics wasn't Tom Sawyer whitewashing a fence as punishment for something, after which he escaped and floated down the river?

The only thing we learn from history is that mankind learns nothing from history.

I was relatively new to TWI when I saw that production of AOS.  I thought it was really strange, except for the narration by Don W at the opening (or was it at the end?).  That was magnificent.  The rest provided nothing for better understanding of devil spirits; rather, I saw it as a platform for LCM to strut his stuff.

It's amazing what ego will accomplish.

Yes, ego affects our ability to use our imagination that God the Father has built into us, which is almost limitless. Imagine yourself to be God for just a moment. There.  See how easy that is to do?

So it is easy for people to build up their own ideas in their own minds to such a point that their ideas seem perfect, even worshipable, but then when those ideas are bought to life into the physical world and are presented to many other people, the many other people many times do not think so highly of those same ideas.

Just ask the guy who pushed for the Iridium project idea, a world-wide 66-satellite system to make satellite phone service available anywhere in the world, an idea he conceived just because his wife complained once that when she was overseas she could not reach him in the U.S. by phone.

That $5,000,000,000 (BILLION DOLLAR) project, once completed, quickly within a few months began its fast, fiery descent into crash-and-burn status when it became clear that very few people wanted to spend $3000 for a satellite phone that would not work inside a car or house.  It seemed like a great idea when it was in the conceiver's mind.

Thus the need for test marketing, but not with your closest family and friends who might be yes-men, but with the end market itself, to see if the end market is even interested.  If they are not, the idea may just be only a great idea that should just stay just an idea.

But when one is playing with other people's money, the restraint and self-control that one would have when playing with their own money is not there.

In a very real way, the disgraced 2nd President was the first President's right-hand man just like the most beautiful highest archangel was God's right-hand "man".  God described his right-hand archangel as:

"full of wisdom and perfect in beauty" (Notice how wisdom is stated first.  It is first in importance, not beauty).

But God's feelings about his right-hand archangel changed when the archangel began to "strut his stuff" by convincing the angels under his command to participate in an overthrow of God. God then said of the archangel:

"Thine heart was lifted up because of they beauty, thou has corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness:  I will cast thee to the ground." (In other words, eat dust).

Notice how in the 1st scripture quote, wisdom is stated first. Beauty comes second.

But notice how in the 2nd scripture quote, beauty is stated first, putting wisdom in second place. When beauty comes before wisdom, things go downhill fast.

Was the first sin self-worship, which leads to envy, which creates narcissism, which leads to believing that one is God-like, until one trips and falls flat on their face.  And tastes dust.

That is also why God chose words, not pictures, to communicate his ideas, because pictures cannot communicate ideas as precisely as words.  Words are a masculine form, pictures are a feminine form.  (Both words and pictures are actually images, but words can be much more precise than pictures).

Words must reign over pictures, and wisdom must reign over beauty, and even over dance productions.

May you have this dance?  Only if you have wisdom first.

Edited by GoldStar

16 hours ago, chockfull said:

Hey GoldStar,

The cat women were all dressed so similarly and like what if some of them have children?  Hence the reluctance for names and details.  Sorry for being vague but I thought more about it.

Yes that one thread where I mentioned the ex-Pres W and Billy kind of took off on its own.  I was just thinking more of what you said - "what public figure ever supported Drambuie boy?"  So from what I was told about the Reagan inauguration invite, it was due to a direct political campaign contribution for a local GOP member.  Your ABS at work - LOL.  

The mods don't chastise me too much because they recognize my true expertise in the use of emoticons LOL

:rolleyes:

Anyways thanks for sharing your ideas.  I'm not sure what we try to keep this place except alive, but I'm glad for a place to hear "the other side of the story" than the bronze Timothy statue outside the fence with the whitewash.  I mean even in the classics wasn't Tom Sawyer whitewashing a fence as punishment for something, after which he escaped and floated down the river?

The only thing we learn from history is that mankind learns nothing from history.

Hey Chockfull,

I agree with your comment about what if the Cat Woman has children, that is perfectly understandable and proper.

Again, no problem with your post about "W" that lead me to some grief, it was not your fault and I am sure it was not your intention.

By the way, I think it was someone else who asked he question about 'what public figure ever supported "Drambuie boy" as you call him, but I haven't gone back to check, it can be like navigating a maze getting to back to all the posts.

Thank you also for your posts, I enjoy reading the posts of more well-reasoned and well-intentioned people here, if there were none, I would not spend much time here.

2 hours ago, GoldStar said:

Thank you also for your posts, I enjoy reading the posts of more well-reasoned and well-intentioned people here, if there were none, I would not spend much time here.

How did you acquire your expertise at divining whether someone who posts here is "well-intentioned" or not? 

14 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I was relatively new to TWI when I saw that production of AOS.  I thought it was really strange, except for the narration by Don W at the opening (or was it at the end?).  That was magnificent.  The rest provided nothing for better understanding of devil spirits; rather, I saw it as a platform for LCM to strut his stuff.

It's amazing what ego will accomplish.

I thought that was Dr Weingarner who did the introduction onstage.  At least, he did for the filmed one. If you saw it live, you might have seen someone else introduce it, of course.

52 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

I thought that was Dr Weingarner who did the introduction onstage.

I saw the video version, and it was definitely Don W doing the speaking.  His voice was so resonant, and the music gradually built up, and the imagery was a smattering of colors that became more vibrant.  It was something any movie studio would have been proud of.  But like I said, that was the only good part. 

I don't know who Dr Weingarner is.

Are you talking who did the voice-over narration, or who came out in the tuxedo to introduce lcm?    I'm pretty sure I got Weingarner's name from a caption that appeared below him when he was onscreen, and the credits showed the name of the man who did the voice-over narration, and it was someone I'd never heard of.

(The closing credits came after all the dancers were introduced, and did a final fade-out. Then there was a dark screen, then after THAT was some low multicolor stage-lights, and the technical credits. Yes, back when it first came out, I actually sat through them-once it came out in VHS, that is, and got my own copy.) 

37 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

It was Mike Verdicchio who did the narration at the live productions as well as the film. He is still a disc jockey. Great voice.

Not sure Mike is still on the radio... but he's got a great voice for it and for narration.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Are you talking who did the voice-over narration, or who came out in the tuxedo to introduce lcm?

I am referring to the voice-over.

I just realized we - meaning me and the rest of you - could be thinking of two different versions of AOS.  I remember being told that the one I watched was the second version.  In that version, is was Don W doing the voice-over.  I can only guess that the original was replaced because Mike Verdicchio probably left TWI.  That's typical of them, as that's why they do remakes of their classes.

I never saw the original AOS.

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

I just realized we - meaning me and the rest of you - could be thinking of two different versions of AOS.  I remember being told that the one I watched was the second version.  In that version, is was Don W doing the voice-over.  I can only guess that the original was replaced because Mike Verdicchio probably left TWI.  That's typical of them, as that's why they do remakes of their classes.

Yep.......Mike's narration was scrubbed and replaced with Don Wierwille's voice-over.

Standard modus operandi of twi.......

5 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

It was Mike Verdicchio who did the narration at the live productions as well as the film. He is still a disc jockey. Great voice.

It WAS a good voice for the narration.  Naturally, my favorite part WAS the narration. After all, it included the only actual BIBLE in the darned thing...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I never realized there was more than one taped version of AOS.   Typical twi...

I worked on AOS, animating the amoeba devil. I was working in st Marys with T#yl#r Ov*rbey on a thing called Glad magazine, when he got drafted to do it. We painted hundreds of animation cels, and filmed it in his living room. This was based on lcm's directive that the adversary should be shapeless and without form.  I thought it a strange production in many ways, but admit I enjoyed the music and dancing more than some of the endless teachings in the auditorium. I did get a kick out of seeing the Catwoman suit with our silly amoeba shapes on it.

I remember Glad Magazine and the name T#yl#r Ov*rbey, I don't remember seeing the Cat Woman in the bodysuit except at the open-to-the-public event where I saw her in the cafeteria only a short distance away from where the top 2 leaders were being "groomed"

I don't remember the ameoba devil

Edited by GoldStar