GreaseSpot Cafe

The True Way

GoldStar

It pains me deeply to read so many stories here...

So many have been hurt, in so many ways, by so many people and organizations...some in incalculably painful ways that have damaged their beings to their very core, for so long...and many times only because they were genuinely seeking truth and fellowship...

It has happened since the beginning of the world, and will continue to happen till the end of the world, in religions, churches, businesses, clubs, corporations, governments, homes, schools, etc.:

We must not let other people's actions drive us to hurt others:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mich-model-shoots-her-husband-030519815.html

Thank God that he anointed his son Jesus Christ to set at liberty them that are bruised...if we emulate his ministry, we can help ease all the pain, ours and others'...

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised...

Luke 4:18

I pray for all the poor, the brokenhearted, the captives, the blind, the bruised....here and everywhere...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shunning is such a mean and cowardly act. The JWs are just like TWI in the way they've hurt this family.  I can see the poor woman who killed her family as being mentally ill herself, caused by their callousness.

The true way is Jesus Christ.  He releases burdens, not imposes more.  He frees people, not enslaves them to traditions of men.  He tells the truth about evil, doesn't whitewash it.  He called the ruling Jews "whited sepulchres".   That applies so aptly to so many ruling religious bodies today.

Shunning as a practice is anti-Christ.  The psychological damage and evil it causes people is well documented.  It is a widespread practice in religions regardless of what people are worshipping.  For example, the Amish, the Way, the Jehovah's Witnesses, and Scientology.  What do they all have in common?  The practice of shunning.

Edited by chockfull
  • Upvote 1