GreaseSpot Cafe

Florida resident escaped fundamentalist cult

Rocky

Winter Park resident escaped fundamentalist cult!

Charlene L. Edge is the author of “Undertow: My Escape from the Fundamentalism and Cult Control of The Way International,” which gives a detailed account of how she joined the faith-based group and how it controlled more than a decade of her life. She will be among the panelists at this year’s Winter Park Library Book Festival, which takes place

Saturday, March 10. Edge will appear on an 11 a.m. panel titled “Publishing: Traditional, Self or Electronic. Which is Write for You?”

For those interested in learning more about her experience in the cult, Edge will speak at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m on Wednesday, March 21 at Rollins College. 

“To me it’s an important story — it has universal parts to it; it’s not just The Way or this terrible cult leader,” Edge said. “It serves as an example.” (continued)

If you haven't read Undertow yet, and since you're reading Greasespot Cafe forums, you're probably going to find Charlene's story very intriguing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this is Charlene Edge writing to say that Undertow is my insider story of 17 years in The Way, serving as a leader and biblical researcher for Wierwille's agenda.

You can read chapter one of Undertow for FREE at http://charleneedge.com.

Cheers,

Charlene 

On 3/18/2018 at 4:50 AM, penworks said:

Hi, this is Charlene Edge writing to say that Undertow is my insider story of 17 years in The Way, serving as a leader and biblical researcher for Wierwille's agenda.

You can read chapter one of Undertow for FREE at http://charleneedge.com.

Cheers,

Charlene 

It's really good, and provides an important piece of HIStory regarding Biblical research and its practices in the Way International especially in its formative years.  This research is the "truth" that the modern Way is based upon.  They have abandoned further pursuit of ongoing Biblical research and resolved themselves doggedly to the materials founded upon what you read about in this book.

I think it is better and more accurate than the HIStory they used to sell in the Way  "The Way Living in Love" by Elena Whiteside.  That book presents the only recorded folklore behind the snow on the gas pumps story which is the reason why they don't research any more.  Coincidentally, similar thinking to the Mormons.   With automatic writing from the angel Moroni, who needs research?

Anyways, although Charlene and Elena were both hippie children in the same era, Charlene was much more practically grounded and worked in the research department.  She's funny too and sounds logical not like a flower child. Those are my impressions reading both works.  

Mrs. VPW's account stops short of the timeline presented in both of these works.

5 stars.  Highly recommended.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chockfull said:

It's really good, and provides an important piece of HIStory regarding Biblical research and its practices in the Way International especially in its formative years.  This research is the "truth" that the modern Way is based upon.  They have abandoned further pursuit of ongoing Biblical research and resolved themselves doggedly to the materials founded upon what you read about in this book.

I think it is better and more accurate than the HIStory they used to sell in the Way  "The Way Living in Love" by Elena Whiteside.  That book presents the only recorded folklore behind the snow on the gas pumps story which is the reason why they don't research any more.  Coincidentally, similar thinking to the Mormons.   With automatic writing from the angel Moroni, who needs research?

Anyways, although Charlene and Elena were both hippie children in the same era, Charlene was much more practically grounded and worked in the research department.  She's funny too and sounds logical not like a flower child. Those are my impressions reading both works.  

Mrs. VPW's account stops short of the timeline presented in both of these works.

5 stars.  Highly recommended.

My wife and I both read Charlene’s book in one day. Too compelling to put down. Excellent read. 

• Like 1