GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way of Hillsong

GoldStar

Hillsong's version of Athletes of the Spirit Production - Featuring - The Naked Cowboy - SpongeBob - Minions - Elvis & More !

Hillsong Women's Conference - New York City

You can see Elvis & Jesus dressed as Statue of Liberty here:

Probably where The Way was headed lol... :jump:

Pressed Down, Shaken Together, Running Over would have taken on a completely different meaning... :dance:

I heard Loy Boy dressed up as Gene from Kiss once, a sight to see I'm sure :evildenk:

Elvis has left the building, and Hillsong has lost its way....and its mind.... :anim-smile:

( maybe they should call it hellsong)...

Edited by GoldStar

The Way of Hillsong...Founders Raking in Millions od Dollars.... Remind you of anyone...?

Different organization.....same game....they misunderstood when Jesus said "Feed my sheep", they thought he said "Fleece my sheep"....  :nono5:

Edited by GoldStar
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GoldStar said:

Hillsong's version of Athletes of the Spirit Production - Featuring - The Naked Cowboy - SpongeBob - Minions - Elvis & More !

Hillsong Women's Conference - New York City

You can see Elvis & Jesus dressed as Statue of Liberty here:

Probably where The Way was headed lol... :jump:

Pressed Down, Shaken Together, Running Over would have taken on a completely different meaning... :dance:

I heard Loy Boy dressed up as Gene from Kiss once, a sight to see I'm sure :evildenk:

Elvis has left the building, and Hillsong has lost its way....and its mind.... :anim-smile:

( maybe they should call it hellsong)...

Wow.  A women's conference with a Christian male stripper.  Extra special.   They couldn't do dolla-dolla bills so the gave the audience little flags to wave.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 2:52 AM, GoldStar said:

The Way of Hillsong...Founders Raking in Millions od Dollars.... Remind you of anyone...?

Always good to follow the money trail!

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/29/2018 at 2:20 PM, Twinky said:

Only in America....!

And Australia. Hillsong apparently started down under. I just read about this new documentary, which apparently was first broadcast a few days ago, on the Washington Post. This link should enable people to read the story without charge... because I subscribe (for $29/yr).

They've apparently made the big time with a Discovery+ channel documentary about them.

The WaPo staff writer (of this story) starts her feature thusly: 

For the first two decades of my life, there was very little I did that wasn’t touched somehow by evangelical churches. I can still sing a random smattering of Bible verses, thanks to catchy little melodies we played on cassette tapes in the car. If I squeeze my eyes shut hard enough, I can reach down into the primordial dregs of my memory and find some of the pledge to the Christian Flag, bringing up with it the Play-Doh smell of my preschool classroom at a church-adjacent academy in Scottsdale, Ariz. I still remember the first time I ever felt so overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit that I wept during a church service — I was 11, and it was during a rendition of “Shout to the Lord,” a beloved praise anthem from none other than Hillsong, the Australia-based global charismatic church network known best at the time for its stirring, internationally popular worship songs.

I’m still working out why exactly I quit going to church in my early 20s, about a decade ago; for a long time, all I could really muster was that I could no longer ignore the gnawing suspicion that I’d be happier if I did. (I was.) As an adult, though, I’ve started to piece together that perhaps it had less to do with God or the Bible or Christianity itself than with the fallible, corruptible, misguidable human beings I answered to every Sunday.

So when I watched Discovery Plus’s new three-part documentary “Hillsong: A Megachurch Exposed,” some of what it uncovered felt wholly, sadly familiar. Other revelations, though, were uniquely horrifying.

Started in Oz, I think, by a New Zealander. 

Whose son has just been forced to stand down as church leader because he didn't report his father's sexual abuse of young children.

Hillsong founder rebuked for abuse handling | Stuff.co.nz