GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn sick - pt 2

From a note in my email this morning, posted on the Ning "Way Corps site."  Regardless of what you think about the man, he's clearly in decline, and suffering, so  prayers (if you pray) for him, his family, and the medical staff, would be appropriate.

Our friend and brother in Christ,

John Lynn, has been battling cancer for the past 46 months and his condition has been seriously declining of late. We have been in contact and he has stated to me that he wants everyone to know his current situation and heart about it in case there is any confusion or rumors. It's best summarized in his own words which can be found on a  site called Caring Bridge located at www.caringbridge.org. Caring Bridge is a non-profit designed "to rally support for a loved one during a health journey". Over a half million people have used the site from all over the world. It simplifies the task of keeping track of the health progress of a loved one who can share in their own words how they are doing, newest updates, etc. It also allows friends to leave comments, tributes and encouragement for the loved one who is ill. The family of the loved one also benefits greatly from a site such as this because they can share ways to help and can give addresses and phone numbers to all in a simplified manner. 

I encourage you to go to Caring Bridge and sign up with user name and password. You can then search under the name John Lynn and you will be able to read about John's situation, comments he has shared in his health journey and comments from the family. You will be able to leave a comment for him or the family if desired. For those who may not join the Caring Bridge site, here is the most recent note from John Lynn about his condition:

"Given the large number of lovely notes I’ve gotten the past few days, word has apparently gotten out that my physical condition is rather critical, so I thought I’d best send an update. First of all, THANK YOU for your love, your prayers, your encouraging words, and your emotional support. How blessed I am to be loved by so many priceless brethren.

For the past 3-4 months, I’ve been getting a blood & platelet transfusion every two weeks, which is no way to live. Within about 5 days after my 1/12 transfusion, however, my hemoglobin was again very low, to the point that I couldn’t walk 20 feet without gasping for breath. So this past Monday I came to the hospital, where I’ve stayed three nights (came home today), during which time they gave me five units of blood, raising my hemoglobin from 2.3 to 6.1 (it's supposed to be 14), and my platelets from 6 to 23 (they're supposed to be 150-250).

The Oncologist who works with my Naturopath told me on Tuesday that I am dying, and he reiterated his recommendation that we immediately do an aggressive chemo program, something we have not done during the 46 months since I was diagnosed. His hope is that it would destroy the bad cells in my bone marrow, and that good new cells would grow in their place. He estimated that possibility at 10%. We consider chemo a last resort, so we are going to pursue treatment from another holistic provider.

Your prayers for Elizabeth and me make a difference (2 Cor. 1:11), and we covet them. Psalm 41:3 has become one of my favorite verses. Speaking of those who have regard for the weak, God promises that He will (A) "sustain him on his sickbed, and (B) restore him from his bed of illness.” The Oncologist said he has never seen anyone live with 2.3 hemoglobin or walk around with such low platelets without bleeding internally. So for almost four years, our Heavenly Father has miraculously done “Godcare, Part A,” and soon He will also do Part B. As the fabulous song (He’ll Do It Again) goes, “I may not know how, I may now know when, but He’ll do it again.” God loves you, and so do I."

I apologize for the length of this email but felt is was necessary to share this information. 

Sincerely,

Steve Sann - Site Administrator

JohnLynn1.jpg

JohnLynn2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Twinky said:

From a note in my email this morning, posted on the Ning "Way Corps site."  Regardless of what you think about the man, he's clearly in decline, and suffering, so  prayers (if you pray) for him, his family, and the medical staff, would be appropriate.

Twinky, thank you for your post.  I will pray for him; I am a 14-year Cancer Survivor.  I would not wish Cancer on anyone.

35 minutes ago, modcat5 said:

Best wishes, Mr. Lynn.

I hope your trust in holistic medicine is not misplaced. May your struggle be brief and your life long.

Modcat5, great post!  However, I know a bit about Cancer, first hand.  I wish Cancer didn't exsist, but unfortunately it does.  For anyone undergoing Cancer, it can be a unpleasant, sometimes terrifying ordeal, with nasty side effects.  I strongly encourage people diagnosed with it, to get competent medical help.  I did, and 14 years later, I am still alive.  Praise God, and the angels at the DCVAMC, who helped me through my ordeal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have mostly good memories of JAL from his time with TWI in NY.  I also knew him a little while he was with CES.  Again, mostly good.  My prayers are with him as he goes through this.

My wife has had three different cancers over the past 13 years.  Hard to describe the toll it takes on individual and the family.  Especially if it is advanced (Stage 3 or better).  I personally find it hard to trust only homeopathic solutions.  God has given us medicines for a reason.  Praying for the best outcome possible.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Fallon said:

I have mostly good memories of JAL from his time with TWI in NY.  I also knew him a little while he was with CES.  Again, mostly good.  My prayers are with him as he goes through this.

My wife has had three different cancers over the past 13 years.  Hard to describe the toll it takes on individual and the family.  Especially if it is advanced (Stage 3 or better).  I personally find it hard to trust only homeopathic solutions.  God has given us medicines for a reason.  Praying for the best outcome possible.

Kevin, great post!  I too have great memories of John, and his wife Pat when they were Limb Leaders of New York.  I think that was the early 1980s(?)  I agree with you, about the toll Cancer takes on individuals, and families.  I am not against Homeopathic Medicines, but you are right; God has given us various medications, and surgery to help us win in the War against Cancer.  I know from first-hand experience, how hard it is to battle Cancer.:anim-smile:

Sorry to hear about his health.  My personal interactions with the Lynns were not positive, and I don't support the direction he took with what I consider to be successive exploitive splinter groups, but in the least common denominator he is still a member of the body of Christ and a Christian brother.  My prayers are with him and family - Pat is long since divorced, so is Elizabeth? second wife, story there is here through all the splinters and Momentus, STFI, dueling mind picture revelations, etc.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, modcat5 said:

He's apparently planning a teaching this evening.

PM me if you want details.

4/4/2018

I received an email last night saying they were having a prayer time for John tonight instead.