GreaseSpot Cafe

How well did you know the book "The Way-Living in Love?"

WordWolf

How well did you know the book "The Way-Living in Love"?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. How well did you know the book "The Way-Living In Love?" Please select the first answer that completely fits you (or the closest if none do.)

• I had a copy and read it more than once. My friends had copies and they read them more than once.
    • I read it more than once but didn't own a copy.
    • I had a copy but never read it.
    • Neither my friends nor I owned copies. I never read it. I heard a few quotes read from it back in twi.
    • I'd heard of the book in twi but never even heard any of the contents while in twi.
    • I never heard of the book until after I left twi.
    • I never heard of the book until you brought it up now (or sometime in discussion March 2018 or later.
    • I read all of it exactly one time. I couldn't tell you what was in it.
    • I read all of it exactly one time and I can practically recite the contents.

Still have it and originally thought it was neat. Now I consider it propaganda. Likewise Harry Wierwille's book

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Still have it and originally thought it was neat. Now I consider it propaganda. Likewise Harry Wierwille's book

I once did a research project on the topic of "debt" using the sources of Uncle Harry Wierwille's book and Ermal Owens book.

It was both highly enlightening and entertaining.

I mean not the books.  Yes, they definitely sucked.  But looking at those hypocrites records through the ages?  Much more entertaining.

:spy:

Read it, can't remember the contents, don't care to remember the contents. 

I probably chucked it in the woodburner along with so much other Wayfer stuff.  Dont't care to remember what I did with it.

• Upvote 1

I took PFAL in January, 1971, in Long Island. Steve Perez was the class coordinator. We went to Rye every Sunday for SNS with Rev. Steve Heefner. We met all the groovy Christians from not only Rye, but Manhattan, Da Bronx, and Westchester. 

I hung with PDSTRO and we were playing and witnessing every where all the time! LOL! We met everybody and they went everywhere to play for fellowships. We met Elena Whiteside at those SNSs in Rye. She was living in Manhattan, downtown (Chelsea now). Nice place.

PDSTRO went to OH in late December, 1971, to begin work on their first Album for way prod. Elena also went at that time and went to write that book. I went out to OH to record on that album, and hung out at NK for awhile. Spent time with Whiteside There and made plans to hookup again after ROA 72 to get the “inside scoop” on her time at HQ and her book. She was tight with Gretchen Morgan, wife of Bud, bigshot ABC Sports Producer, and the man who would film and direct, ROA ‘72, and changed. Dictor was working overtime trying to get Bud into the class so he could use him for those films. Bud took the class on his own, but never attended any fellowships or went further into wayville doctrines/classes. PDSTRO moved to OH in 1972. I still went to Manhattan several times to hang with Elena and grill her about her experiences with dictor.

She was quite enthralled by dictor (as was I), and she had stars in her eyes recounting her experience. She was TOTALLY in love and she was brainwashed, just like the rest of us would be after spending any prolonged time in NK.

As I posted in another thread, it turns out that the FACTS indeed, are that dictor got shit-faced on their drive to Van Wert, and ALL his “interview” material WAS nothing more than a drunken redneck hustle to try to get into this 30 year old Hippie’s underpants! She never told me he did. However, it was more than obvious, and that disturbed me. But, I willfully chose to ignore that ‘cuz it was “the mind of the flesh”! And, she was learning the ole “lockbox” doctrine, so truthful facts were out the window to protect the moggy.

TWLIL was a piece of make-believe. The recorded, drunken fantasies and revisionist history of the Nazi Jeeezus in Ohio. It was so made up that even Dotsie and the kids had no idea of some of the things he said in that “book”. That immediately gave it away to me.

i am not the least bit surprised that TWLIL is out-of-print. It’s just Nazi doc spewing forth one lie after another in order to get a hippie NYer to “open up” to him. Be well assured that TWIt’s lawyers, after the Allen and Kaufman lawsuits, made sure that dictor's past criminal activity had to be buried forever! His deeds needed to be expunged from the Rosie record in order to keep the $$! That’s also why they shit-canned da forehead. He was a legal liability. They could not afford to keep him and their minustray both. So, they dumped the Okie King and the Rosadonna era began and rules to this day. Don’t worry if you “ missed” this piece of TWIt propaganda. You missed nothing but lies, delusions of grandeur, and an Ohio redneck pervert trying to sex it up with a pretty 32 year old hippie from Manhattan. The usual perverted PIG did his thing and it was recorded in writing. She spent several months at HQ. She knew a lot which she never wrote. She went on to become a devoted Geerite. I fon’t know who she worships these days. Probably still the dictor............peace.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

I took PFAL in January, 1971, in Long Island. Steve Perez was the class coordinator. We went to Rye every Sunday for SNS with Rev. Steve Heefner. We met all the groovy Christians from not only Rye, but Manhattan, Da Bronx, and Westchester. 

I hung with PDSTRO and we were playing and witnessing every where all the time! LOL! We met everybody and they went everywhere to play for fellowships. We met Elena Whiteside at those SNSs in Rye. She was living in Manhattan, downtown (Chelsea now). Nice place.

PDSTRO went to OH in late December, 1971, to begin work on their first Album for way prod. Elena also went at that time and went to write that book. I went out to OH to record on that album, and hung out at NK for awhile. Spent time with Whiteside There and made plans to hookup again after ROA 72 to get the “inside scoop” on her time at HQ and her book. She was tight with Gretchen Morgan, wife of Bud, bigshot ABC Sports Producer, and the man who would film and direct, ROA ‘72, and changed. Dictor was working overtime trying to get Bud into the class so he could use him for those films. Bud took the class on his own, but never attended any fellowships or went further into wayville doctrines/classes. PDSTRO moved to OH in 1972. I still went to Manhattan several times to hang with Elena and grill her about her experiences with dictor.

She was quite enthralled by dictor (as was I), and she had stars in her eyes recounting her experience. She was TOTALLY in love and she was brainwashed, just like the rest of us would be after spending any prolonged time in NK.

As I posted in another thread, it turns out that the FACTS indeed, are that dictor got dang-faced on their drive to Van Wert, and ALL his “interview” material WAS nothing more than a drunken redneck hustle to try to get into this 30 year old Hippie’s underpants! She never told me he did. However, it was more than obvious, and that disturbed me. But, I willfully chose to ignore that ‘cuz it was “the mind of the flesh”! And, she was learning the ole “lockbox” doctrine, so truthful facts were out the window to protect the moggy.

TWLIL was a piece of make-believe. The recorded, drunken fantasies and revisionist history of the Nazi Jeeezus in Ohio. It was so made up that even Dotsie and the kids had no idea of some of the things he said in that “book”. That immediately gave it away to me.

i am not the least bit surprised that TWLIL is out-of-print. It’s just Nazi doc spewing forth one lie after another in order to get a hippie NYer to “open up” to him. Be well assured that TWIt’s lawyers, after the Allen and Kaufman lawsuits, made sure that dictor's past criminal activity had to be buried forever! His deeds needed to be expunged from the Rosie record in order to keep the $$! That’s also why they dang-canned da forehead. He was a legal liability. They could not afford to keep him and their minustray both. So, they dumped the Okie King and the Rosadonna era began and rules to this day. Don’t worry if you “ missed” this piece of TWIt propaganda. You missed nothing but lies, delusions of grandeur, and an Ohio redneck pervert trying to sex it up with a pretty 32 year old hippie from Manhattan. The usual perverted PIG did his thing and it was recorded in writing. She spent several months at HQ. She knew a lot which she never wrote. She went on to become a devoted Geerite. I fon’t know who she worships these days. Probably still the dictor............peace.  

DWBH, I didn't know this!  Thanks for the information!

3 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

As I posted in another thread, it turns out that the FACTS indeed, are that dictor got dang-faced on their drive to Van Wert, and ALL his “interview” material WAS nothing more than a drunken redneck hustle to try to get into this 30 year old Hippie’s underpants! She never told me he did. However, it was more than obvious, and that disturbed me. But, I willfully chose to ignore that ‘cuz it was “the mind of the flesh”! And, she was learning the ole “lockbox” doctrine, so truthful facts were out the window to protect the moggy.

i am not the least bit surprised that TWLIL is out-of-print. It’s just Nazi doc spewing forth one lie after another in order to get a hippie NYer to “open up” to him. Be well assured that TWIt’s lawyers, after the Allen and Kaufman lawsuits, made sure that dictor's past criminal activity had to be buried forever! His deeds needed to be expunged from the Rosie record in order to keep the $$! That’s also why they dang-canned da forehead. He was a legal liability. They could not afford to keep him and their minustray both. So, they dumped the Okie King and the Rosadonna era began and rules to this day. Don’t worry if you “ missed” this piece of TWIt propaganda. You missed nothing but lies, delusions of grandeur, and an Ohio redneck pervert trying to sex it up with a pretty 32 year old hippie from Manhattan. The usual perverted PIG did his thing and it was recorded in writing. She spent several months at HQ. She knew a lot which she never wrote. She went on to become a devoted Geerite. I fon’t know who she worships these days. Probably still the dictor............peace.  

Holy moley!

All right, I'm curious what those anonymous voters who claimed they and their friends had copies, and all of them read it lots of times.  I'm curious what they thought of it then and think of it now. 

(I'm also wondering how many of them are sincere votes. After all, they're anonymous votes on the internet. Similar circumstances got Pigasus votes for President, Danger Mouse more esteemed than NYC's sitting mayor, and ZZ Top the heavy favorite to win as US President.  So, I'm curious who said that who would ADMIT they said that, and what their perspective is.)

54 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

All right, I'm curious what those anonymous voters who claimed they and their friends had copies, and all of them read it lots of times.  I'm curious what they thought of it then and think of it now. 

(I'm also wondering how many of them are sincere votes. After all, they're anonymous votes on the internet. Similar circumstances got Pigasus votes for President, Danger Mouse more esteemed than NYC's sitting mayor, and ZZ Top the heavy favorite to win as US President.  So, I'm curious who said that who would ADMIT they said that, and what their perspective is.)

I voted  that I had read it once. That, obviously, was decades ago (more than three and probably more than four) and wouldn't recall any of it without looking at a copy now..

I still have a copy. In fact, I lent it to another poster here a couple of years ago who had never read it before. I have read it more than once but not recently, other than to reference particular sections. When it was first published, almost everyone in the local area bought a copy. Whether they read it more than once, I'm not sure. It wasn't too unusual to lend it out as a witnessing tool.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

I still have a copy. In fact, I lent it to another poster here a couple of years ago who had never read it before. I have read it more than once but not recently, other than to reference particular sections. When it was first published, almost everyone in the local area bought a copy. Whether they read it more than once, I'm not sure. It wasn't too unusual to lend it out as a witnessing tool.

That's interesting. To your recollection, how long did that last?   Did every new person in the area who joined up buy a copy as well?  And if so, for how long- weeks? Months?  Years?

Back in twi, did you read it more than once (as far as you can remember)?

It wasn't the new people who bought it. The established believers bought it and used it as a witnessing tool. I read it more than once while I was in TWI because I would try to read it at the same time as whoever I was undershepharding and then use it as a springboard to discussion. (I didn't reread it because I was so fascinated with the content.)

edit: I wanted to add that it was customary to do this with the class materials, as well. (When your "babe" was in session 3, you read the same collaterals they read so you could discuss them.)

Edited by waysider

6 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

She never told me he did. However, it was more than obvious, and that disturbed me. But, I willfully chose to ignore that ‘cuz it was “the mind of the flesh”! And, she was learning the ole “lockbox” doctrine, so truthful facts were out the window to protect the moggy.

EW certainly spread a lot of love in places where it was very sorely needed, and certainly didn't deserve such speculative debasement. As much as some here might not like it (and even argue against it), it is true that (real) love does cover certain things over with silence...

One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor. When and where did you meet and spend time with her and Sylvia? Your definition of “real love” is sorely lacking imo. How long did you know her? Did you know her in NY? Also, please define “speculative debasement”. TY. Was she sharing “real love” in all those “places where it was sorely needed”? Where were all those places? Just wondering.

I'd taken PFAL in 1969 (or late '68, sometime around that time frame) I didn't vote in the survey. I can't say how well I "know" the book. I doubt I could pass a test on any but the most obvious references. I knew Elena W and thought she was a sweet person, kind and thoughtful. I just don't remember much about the book other than it was about the Way, and covered a relatively short period of time.  It's been so many years I honestly don't remember any details. I know it meant a lot to a lot of people at the time but I never really felt like it represented "me" or my thoughts and impressions, wholly and to the point I'd say here, read this, it tells our story. I don't mean that as a criticism or as praise, it's just how It seems to sit on that shelf of my memory. 

15 hours ago, waysider said:

It wasn't the new people who bought it. The established believers bought it and used it as a witnessing tool. I read it more than once while I was in TWI because I would try to read it at the same time as whoever I was undershepharding and then use it as a springboard to discussion. (I didn't reread it because I was so fascinated with the content.)

edit: I wanted to add that it was customary to do this with the class materials, as well. (When your "babe" was in session 3, you read the same collaterals they read so you could discuss them.)

I only read it a few times...but yeah I used it as a witnessing tool also - one time I was witnessing at a college campus - saw a guy looking at an announcement on a bulletin board about someone who was going to teach something on levitation...mysticism...or something odd...I can’t remember- all I recall is the announcement had a picture of this guy levitating... :rolleyes:

So I used the Old if-you-think-that’s-something-then-check-this-out routine - I told him about the part in the book of God talking to wierwille etc... well, he actually came to Twig and took the class ...but never stuck around for long - and good for him...  maybe he went back to check out that levitating dude - :biglaugh:

...oh yeah I got back into TWLIL near the end of my TWI stint - and used it as a springboard for what I should investigate... I contacted Moody Bible Correspondence Registrar and found out wierwille never completed any courses that he claimed he took...Oh my gosh ! That got me thinking - what else did wierwille lie about? :spy:

23 hours ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor. When and where did you meet and spend time with her and Sylvia? Your definition of “real love” is sorely lacking imo. How long did you know her? Did you know her in NY? Also, please define “speculative debasement”. TY. Was she sharing “real love” in all those “places where it was sorely needed”? Where were all those places? Just wondering.

What difference does it make? Evidently you want to fight about it, and I don't. Define things however you want.

Perhaps there was a kindness in Elena that somehow eluded you, or that you can't relate to.   

I owned it and read it because it contained information about the history of the group I was in that wasn't available elsewhere.   Like a good Wayfer I bought the materials and read them that were in the bookstore.  The "snow on the gas pumps" story was verbal legend in the Corps anyway.   RFR was and is completely fine with the verbal legend as long as the sketchiness of the publication doesn't have to be addressed.

4 hours ago, TLC said:

What difference does it make? Evidently you want to fight about it, and I don't. Define things however you want.

Perhaps there was a kindness in Elena that somehow eluded you, or that you can't relate to.   

I don't need to make Elena out to be some self-seeking morally decrepit person.  I'm sure she was very similar to many others of her time - sweet young hippie chick with stars in her eyes and altruistic goals.  Dreams of journalism.   She was taken by a pervy old con man.  So were we all.  

But that drunken tale to impress her certainly did have some hang time!!!!!!

• Like 1