GreaseSpot Cafe

Another STFI split...an offshoot of an offshoot.

13 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

It’s just another STFI tempest in a teapot. Jesus taught us to recognize and identify people by their FRUIT, not their words, or their Bible teachings, interpretations, interpolations, and personal opinions. This cult of Stiffy has shown what kind of FRUIT exactly??

let’s see....in it’s first iteration under the 3 1/2 musketeers, Jalvis Lynn, professor Ludwig von schoenheit, and Mark and the witch of Endor Graeser.....we started off with the melding of cults....CES plus Momentus! Wow! What a great cult that was for awhile! Then there was Jalvis’ sex-romp itineraries.....you know, just like his itineraries for TWIt.....lotsa schmaltz, comedy, hustling and marketing 20 different classes, seminars, books, events, gross, sarcastic, horestooth grins, in a nice suit, and good at professional begging. Oh yeah....he was able to really bless Karen in NC, and Bob’s sister in NC, and got so good at that his fellow stiffy trustees fired his foot for moral turpitude. 

Then there was the great earth-shattering promulgation of something they called “personal prophecy”! Yeah....that was as good as Momentus! LOL! After Jalvis could not convince his fellow stiffies to make him full-time headcheese again, and support his great desire to be “with god’s people” by imposing himself on people around America so he could share his grand ego, use them for every free meal, ski trip, or beach trip he could hustle from them, and then still hit em up for cash, cash, cash, and buying the stiffy library of rightly-divided books. So, in his own inimitable manner, Jalvis starts yet another cult of HIS OWN, with himself in charge of course, and tries yet once more to re-incarnate dictor Paul wierwille and his dead 1960s cult! Another fantastic failure.

So, now....professor von schoenheit, is finally all on his own, with a dead, static, stuffy, stiffy Church with nothing to do any more! Big Dan, who has hijacked cults before, does it one more time for the “glory of god and his rightly-divided word”! And here we are again....1987 RE-visited. The stiffy boys have travelled a long, tawdry, miserable road to wind up right back where they started.....out of Egypt with all the gold! What an incredible, Shakespearean farce for them, and tragedy after tragedy for their foolish followers. May god have mercy on their souls.

It's ALL an illusion...

Please consider helping us inspire, encourage, and equip God's people by making a donation. 20% of all proceeds go directly to helping others spread the Good News in foreign countries. We need your help so we can continue building our website in order to reach others for Christ. A donation of any size is greatly appreciated. SImply click on the image below.

It really didnt take Dan too long to start asking for money.

2 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Where did you see this?  I just went to his web site and it isn't even functional yet.

1 hour ago, Taxidev said:

Where did you see this?  I just went to his web site and it isn't even functional yet.

“Lean On Jesus” is the new website. Just click on donate. The amounts are suggested for you. I passed. :wave:

13 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

His web site isn't functional yet.  There is nothing to click.

OldSkool gave me the answer.

You’re right. Sorry. I was on the Facebook page which allows the click and donate. Or not. 

44 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I was on the Facebook page

Either way, it's still a bit disappointing.  I mean, what has he done so far that would even inspire anyone to donate money to him?  Besides drawing up that incredibly long paper on salvation, which some might say is cause to NOT give him money, what has he done?  His web site isn't even functional, we can't even see what his foundational principles are, we can't even watch/listen to some good teachings.

I see this as the perfect example of what DWBH says about these offshoot folks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

Either way, it's still a bit disappointing.  I mean, what has he done so far that would even inspire anyone to donate money to him?  Besides drawing up that incredibly long paper on salvation, which some might say is cause to NOT give him money, what has he done?  His web site isn't even functional, we can't even see what his foundational principles are, we can't even watch/listen to some good teachings.

I see this as the perfect example of what DWBH says about these offshoot folks.

They’re all (offshoots) cut from the same rotten fabric of vp’s stolen, phoney “ministry”. Including “revival and restoration”. At the core of what they want to do is get back to the “good ol’ days” of the way. 

Jesus Christ has no place in their lives except at  the closing of a prayer. He’s absent, ‘cause they took his place. 

I’ve known most of them for decades. 1st hand experience. They’ve done irreparable damage to countless numbers of men, women, and children. Blasphemed God and the Body of Christ. Shameful, despicable, false teachers. 

Time is running out for repentance. I pray they do. 

Edited by JayDee
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Either way, it's still a bit disappointing.  I mean, what has he done so far that would even inspire anyone to donate money to him?  Besides drawing up that incredibly long paper on salvation, which some might say is cause to NOT give him money, what has he done?  

He wants money for a website that can be put together for next to mothinh. Ive made and ran seversl sites over the years. Besides hosting costs and maybe a template or two theres not much to it. He should givevof his own resources for something so small in the scheme of things. My opinion anyway.

He pulled the same move Lynn n others did. Position paper, split ftom group, take followers. New boss same as old boss.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

He wants money for a website that can be put together for next to mothinh. Ive made and ran seversl sites over the years. Besides hosting costs and maybe a template or two theres not much to it. He should givevof his own resources for something so small in the scheme of things. My opinion anyway.

He pulled the same move Lynn n others did. Position paper, split ftom group, take followers. New boss same as old boss.

Kind of a pattern there OldSkool. “Modus Operandi”. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, OldSkool said:

Besides hosting costs and maybe a template or two theres not much to it.

Absolutely.  For $10/month for hosting, you can have a completely free web site as far as everything else goes.  Wordpress - free; templates - free; content - put it in yourself, so free; special utilities - free.

I'm having a hard time finding where Paul started his ministry and asked for money, and he was out there working it every day, all day.  Not from the comfort of his own house, until the end.

This is shameful.

8 hours ago, Taxidev said:

I'm having a hard time finding where Paul started his ministry and asked for money, and he was out there working it every day, all day.  Not from the comfort of his own house, until the end.

This is shameful.

Paul was supported by the believers... BUT he believed HE should be accountable to THEM.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, Rocky said:

Paul was supported by the believers

Initially he was not supported, he was working at tent making or whatever his craft was.  Later, yes, he even confronts the Corinthians that another church was supporting him so he could teach the Corinthians and not be a burden to them.

10 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Initially he was not supported, he was working at tent making or whatever his craft was.  Later, yes, he even confronts the Corinthians that another church was supporting him so he could teach the Corinthians and not be a burden to them.

My point was and still is that WHEN he was supported by believers, he believed that HE should be accountable to THEM, rather than the back-assward way TWI did it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Taxidev said:

Where do you see that?  I can't pinpoint it anywhere.

It's in the Book of Acts. I found it more than 30 years ago when I was completing my bachelor's degree in accounting. I might try to find it later. Can't now, gotta run.

On 5/30/2018 at 11:17 AM, Taxidev said:

Where do you see that?  I can't pinpoint it anywhere.

Biblical "research" is too easy these days. I went to 2 Corinthians 1 and found,

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters,[a] about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Paul’s Change of Plans

12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity[b] and godly sincerity. (emphasis mine) 

Just curious, does it say ANYWHERE in those verses that the believers were responsible to give blowjobs on demand, provide bottles of Drambuie wherever Paul went, or make exhaustive rituals of breaking in the pages of a new bible? 

I think not. BUT... if one does read any of that in those verses, it would be for a specific "social contract" providing that Paul or any other of the ministers provide comfort which produces patient endurance in the believers. That would be in the category of "they shall know them by their fruit." If either Dan G or the R&R RR engineers aren't demonstrating anything tangible along those lines, then they don't deserve to collect dime one from the believers.

--------------

I also just did an internet search on "biblical roots of servant leadership." The first thing that came up?  Mark 10:42-45

42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Do you need me to do more of this for you?

It has been 32 years since I earned my degree in accounting. I'm comfortable stating that Paul believed that when the believers financially supported him, HE was to be accountable not only to God (for Paul ministering with integrity) but also to those who provided the financial support.

Easily I can also say that based on the longsuffering testimony of those who were NOT comforted by Bob Moneyhands, that Bob's ministry was NOT godly, at least in those instances where he heaped something other than comfort on the heads of believers.

And as to the new "revelation" worked out by Dan Gallagher the guy who split from STFI, the notion that a person is only "saved" or granted "eternal life" if and to the extend that said person is obedient to leaders of a church is the epitome of evil. Because there can be no other purpose for that doctrine than to put chains on that person to keep him or her from self-actualizing. Too many thinkers throughout the last 2 millenia have recognized that reality.

[/soapbox]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Biblical "research" is too easy these days. I went to 2 Corinthians 1 and found,

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters,[a] about the troubles we experienced in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt we had received the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Paul’s Change of Plans

12 Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, with integrity[b] and godly sincerity. (emphasis mine) 

Just curious, does it say ANYWHERE in those verses that the believers were responsible to give blowjobs on demand, provide bottles of Drambuie wherever Paul went, or make exhaustive rituals of breaking in the pages of a new bible? 

I think not. BUT... if one does read any of that in those verses, it would be for a specific "social contract" providing that Paul or any other of the ministers provide comfort which produces patient endurance in the believers. That would be in the category of "they shall know them by their fruit." If either Dan G or the R&R RR engineers aren't demonstrating anything tangible along those lines, then they don't deserve to collect dime one from the believers.

--------------

I also just did an internet search on "biblical roots of servant leadership." The first thing that came up?  Mark 10:42-45

42 Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Do you need me to do more of this for you?

It has been 32 years since I earned my degree in accounting. I'm comfortable stating that Paul believed that when the believers financially supported him, HE was to be accountable not only to God (for Paul ministering with integrity) but also to those who provided the financial support.

Easily I can also say that based on the longsuffering testimony of those who were NOT comforted by Bob Moneyhands, that Bob's ministry was NOT godly, at least in those instances where he heaped something other than comfort on the heads of believers.

And as to the new "revelation" worked out by Dan Gallagher the guy who split from STFI, the notion that a person is only "saved" or granted "eternal life" if and to the extend that said person is obedient to leaders of a church is the epitome of evil. Because there can be no other purpose for that doctrine than to put chains on that person to keep him or her from self-actualizing. Too many thinkers throughout the last 2 millenia have recognized that reality.

[/soapbox]

So, you're saved as long as you do what I say. If you don't God Almighty will revoke your eternal life.  Yes, that's certainly an EVIL doctrine.  I bet that was quietly buried in the middle of some teaching where it was camouflaged nicely with some Bible verses.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, OldSkool said:

Please consider helping us inspire, encourage, and equip God's people by making a donation. 20% of all proceeds go directly to helping others spread the Good News in foreign countries. We need your help so we can continue building our website in order to reach others for Christ. A donation of any size is greatly appreciated. SImply click on the image below.

No it didn't.  Nor did he put something up and THEN ask for donations to keep it running. He put together a (free) Facebook page. Before spending $20 on all the costs of a webpage and domain, he wants to raise all $20 of it- or more, probably. Compare that to the GSC, where Paw put it all together out-of-pocket.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rocky said:

And as to the new "revelation" worked out by Dan Gallagher the guy who split from STFI, the notion that a person is only "saved" or granted "eternal life" if and to the extend that said person is obedient to leaders of a church is the epitome of evil.

If you are referring to his 114 page paper on salvation, he makes no such assertion - unless I missed it.  But if you have other information about what he may have said or written, please share.

Edited by Taxidev
clarification

59 minutes ago, Taxidev said:

If you are referring to his 114 page paper on salvation, he makes no such assertion - unless I missed it.  But if you have other information about what he may have said or written, please share.

How would you characterize what Mr G says about eternal life?

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

How would you characterize what Mr G says about eternal life?

Everything I've seen in his paper shows that after being saved we can lose that by turning our backs on God.  He doesn't imply that sinning, our own mistaken actions, has anything to do with it.  It is a rejection of God that messes things up for us, and he shows quite a few scriptures to back up his claim.

This is a topic I started looking at about 3 years ago, and keep going back to it from time to time.  That's why I was interested in what Dan had found, but his paper is so incredibly long-winded that it is a real challenge to read every detail.