GreaseSpot Cafe
  • Announcements

• GT

With the upgrade there is no longer separate login ids and display names.  Your login ID is now your display name.
BecomingMe

Lurker for Years, Joiner at Last

4 hours ago, outandabout said:

2 hours ago, Twinky said:

Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse is a life changer.  I couldn't put it down when I first read it.  I could feel the oppression evaporating.  Within a very few hours, I was like a different person.  Not that all my problems disappeared; but the oppressiveness did.

And it might also be in your local public library.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, BecomingMe said:

Anyway, I tend to ramble, so, thank you all for welcoming me. :-)

Hi BecomingMe.  Welcome to the Spot.  Nice to meet you.  I come here because it's closer than going to California to get my head together.  LOL.  Plus no way I could afford housing there lately.

As to rambling, I personally think I do that really a lot.  And I have a really big mouth.  Yep.  Big mouth rambler, that's me.  I think the PTSD will go away in time.  Mostly.  I mean the good part about it is if it doesn't then we can ramble on about it until it does.  It's kind of a built-in self healing mechanism.  LOL.

:dance:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Hi BecomingMe.  Welcome to the Spot.  Nice to meet you.  I come here because it's closer than going to California to get my head together.  LOL.  Plus no way I could afford housing there lately.

As to rambling, I personally think I do that really a lot.  And I have a really big mouth.  Yep.  Big mouth rambler, that's me.  I think the PTSD will go away in time.  Mostly.  I mean the good part about it is if it doesn't then we can ramble on about it until it does.  It's kind of a built-in self healing mechanism.  LOL.

:dance:

You got that right.  My grandchildren (and their parents) moved to N Cali a few months ago. Housing costs are outrageous.

Wow, you all are wonderful! I love that I’m engaging with people who understand!! I do have several people in my life that came out of the way, but many of you have a different perspective, which I find valuable. I’m so grateful for the level of insight and kindness you all share. I really appreciate all the book recommendations - I will add them to my list :-)

When I was first half-in, half-out and trying to figure out what to do, Greasespot was so helpful, especially the documents that came directly from the way. By that time, I understood that I wanted to be part of things that practiced compassion and kindness; I came to see those qualities as moral. Reading LCM’s letters, etc, I realized how little compassion he practiced (yes, understatement of the century). It was a major help in my decision.

So, thank you all for engaging with me, and thanks for keeping this cafe up and running! I’ll keep ramblin’ with you!

• Like 1