GreaseSpot Cafe

this is not an "i'm leaving" thread

excathedra

Since you're already gone I can't give you any parting words. But if I'd had the chance I'd tell you this: don't look back. As it is, even if you do years from now, Rip Van Moderator will just be getting around to determining this post is not part of another plague of infernal attack polls. Wait a minute, it's as I feared. It's the polls that drove you away! God forgive me! They're leaving in droves! Woe is me, a sinner and a no good poll cat. excathedra, you're a good sport to have read this far. You will be greatly missed, by the ones who count.

"You don't really live until you find something worth dying for." - Jesus

I have been wondering about where you have been.

I will miss you terribly. You have given so much of yourself here.

Make NO mistake, your postings have had enormous impact, and I thank you for having had the courage to share.

Once again ex, I want to say that, it was your sharings that helped remove the scales from our eyes....that finally awoke hubby and I to the fact that twi was NEVER what we had believed it to be.....that vp and leadership were basically, just a bunch of untrustworthey preditors.

That was when the healing and growth, the ability to move on, began for us.

For that I will never be able to thank you enough.

I really hope that you will reconsider, maybe post occasionally?

Your humour, and vitality will be sorely missed.

If you need to go for your own sake, alright, I wish you well on your continued journey.

If it is because of another poster being mean.......lemmee at em ..I`ll give em a good punch inna snoot ;-)

Damn.....This place will be gloomy without you...sigh

Geeze Louise..

Another I'm leaving thread. You know.. these threads always perplex me and I've seen them on every internet forum (or bulletin board) I've ever been on going back to 1992.

Sometimes the person "leaving" actually does leave for good. Most of the time they're back posting as if nothing ever happened, though. It's the ones who just disappear one day without saying anything that are most likely not to come back, I've noticed. I don't know why that is but those who start their own thread to say goodbye usually don't mean it.

sudo

I think Sudo brings up a valid point; I have noticed it too. I do think it is brought up in the wrong place, though. A seperate thread dealing with the topic would have been better. I am sure Sudo's intentions are not personal, yet mentioning this like this on ex's thread makes it SEEM that way. We do not really know what her thoughts and situation are right now.

Lifted Up,

Re:"..yet mentioning this like this on ex's thread makes it SEEM that way."

So you think I'm de-railing the thread? I wasn't sure what all should be posted. Are "so longs" and goodbyes appropriate? Heck, it seemed as good a place as any to make my observations.

Ex is now gone, right? So surely she won't mind one way or the other, huh? Hee-hee!

sudo (who believes that Ex is really gone only after he hasn't seen her font in a month or two)

I am not leaving. I just got accepted into the gscafe recently.

If I do decide to leave though, I will just not sign back on...makes sense to me.

But we are not ALL ALIKE are we? That makes the world go 'round.

I gotta agree with Sudo - nothing personal

I've said I was outta here so many times that Paw needs to put a revolving door on the Cafe just for me.

I've tried - honest. Even went cold turkey for 5 days.

But then I thought of a really good "About The Way" topic and I couldn't stand it.

Then, I read something FreshAir posted something I just HAD to respond to...

Oh and there was a joke - and a poem...

So -I've given up saying I'm leaving.

BUT - I have realized I need to take a break every now and then.

The truth is - I really do enjoy the cyber-fellowship here - warts and all.

So - I'm not leaving - not yet anyway.

Hope R. color>size>face>

My dear ex,

If anyone should leave, it should be me.

Don't go, I enjoy your heart very much, as we all do, no doubt.

I just emailed Hope to tell her I was going to hang back and only read for awhile. So what the heck am I doing now?

How do you do that? I believe it to be the best for me to do at this time. Any suggestions on how to read and not post, I mean I saw ex say she was leaving and bonggg, here I am with a post. In all honesty how do you just not post and only read?

ex, don't go unless you feel best to do so.

And did you let him out of your basement yet? If not maybe should, maybe he will kneel before his maker and get things righted, it could happen.

Kathy

I hate to see you go, girl, i think, could be good

I have suffered from forum addiction in the past and started to do it again when I got here

I'll never forget your kindness in leading me to "the missionary position", you said you "didn't want me to feel like people were talking behind my back"

I quit posting here as much because my posts now have to be approved before appearing ....just doesn't seem worth it when I can't read it or edit (edits require approval as well) ....I hope you get to see this Sexy ExC, as there is no way to tell how long it will be in "que" waiting for approval.

bellybutton tyranny

there are alot of cool people here and I suppose email is an option to stay in touch, but it doesn't have the same feel

i do wish you the best in your endeavors, whatever they are, and I may email you to see how you're doing typically I don't send unsolicited/uninvited mail

hmmm, ExCathedra....the Queen is off the throne

being a king or queen isn't what its cracked up to be anyway .....too many phonies worried about offending the queen and getting their head cut off ...and not enough jesters to make you laugh...if I were the King, the court would be full of Jesters ...."laughter doeth good.."

you have had more impact here than you are probably aware of, you are/were a very honest/healthy poster here

p.s. your screenname had direct influence on my choosing something from the class ...but i went toward funny/stupid

see you here, there or in the air

too much "business" this week ....and I'm "wonderin'"

from all I could tell, you "seemed sweet"

Godspeed

to quote Perry Ferrell:

"...and I'm going 'bout my business...and I'm wonderin' what I'm missin'.."

Hey ExC. Don't know if you will ever see this or not, but I for one am thankful for the time you have spent here and the heart you have shared. I will miss you.

Sorry you came to believe GreaseSpot is a cult. Funny thing is, every group can be considered a cult, depending on your perspective. Some people are even cults unto themselves. Such is life.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Jesse

how many times I have seen/heard/read

the "I have left/leaving/gone" also.

but HOPE, what about the poesms??

Ex, what about your famous one liners?

Others, why did you leave? why did you

come back??

Me thinks Ex and Satori will come back

with both barrels blazing someday.

same old story

same old song a dance

Nothing new under the sun.

Time will tell

I just got here and I'm sorry to have missed you and the opportunity to get to know you, by some of the above responses, you have obviously had great impact here. I noticed your profile says "comfy in cults" and this is your post 1001, I sense a change.

I feel "comfy in cults" as well, all types for the choosing out there. We sometimes need walls to make us feel at home. I don't mind being in a box, as long as the top is open!

And sometimes we think it is "just the internet".....!?

Jake

time is on our side

Ex,

I'm not sure what to think, much less what to say. If you will permit me, allow me the privelage of saying 'thanks'

Thanks for who you are and thanks for what you do. You give, not gave, you GIVE hope to the tired and weary. This is not a pompous platitude to you, just a way of thanking you for what you did and do, for me

May I play for you a song?

SISTER CHRISTIAN

Night Ranger

Sister Christian

Oh the time has come

And you know that you're the only one

To say O.K.

Where you going

What you looking for

You know those boys

Don't want to play no more with you

It's true