GreaseSpot Cafe

So What Did You Get For Christmas?

OK, I confess. I got a foot massager for Christmas from my youngest. He is so sweet and thoughtful, and of course, gadget crazy like his dad. I have to admit that it feels pretty good on my feet. We have all tile floors downstairs, laid on a concrete slab. And my feet HURT at the end of the day.

Anyone else?

This past summer both I and my eldest son got bikes (he got a honda 600, I got a goldwing Aspencade). This past fall I recieved a catalog for 'big and tall men' and in it is a large selction of leather goods. I have a black leather sport coat of a cut that makes it suitable for formal wear, but in recent years my girth has grown and alas the sportcoat no longer fits. I got my original sportcoat in Glasgow Scotland and I really miss not being able to wear it anymore. Then in this new catalog I found a line of jackets of the same style. the prices were actually much lower then what we have seen in local leather goods outlets. My son wanted a dressy jacket but he needed one that would not be opened up by the wind while on his bike. So . . .

We bought myself a new leather sport coat. We got him a leather jacket with large lapels that open to look nice, but also fold and zip shut. We got both of us new lined leather pants, so we will slide real good should we ever encounter the pavement.

I got Bonnie a new stainless-steel pasta boiler pot (20 quart size). Our old one wore out after living in Italy for 3 years and now with 5 children this past 2 years. I have gotten her jewelry in past years but she does not wear it. I once got her (according to her wishes) a ring with two matched pearls, one white and one black, but during a parade in Dublin the setting lossened and we lost both pearls.

We sent most of our relatives jars of honey from our beehives. I harvested 40 pounds in Novemeber.

We are not in 'recovery' mode here with trying to clean up the after-math.

I got birthstone earrings from my daughter - August - my birthday's in June. I love them. (I had bowtwi jr. in August...) and a breadmaker from my son.

Tonight I'm taking them, his girlfriend and her mom to see the Miami Ballet perform the Nutcracker, my gift to them.

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

I got my older daughter a bright red "keytar" on eBay! They're the funny little instruments from the 80's - they're keyboards that you hold like a guitar! Took a long time to find one - they haven't been made since 1987! Leave it to eBay!

I got an XM Satellite Radio - which I really wanted - now I have to get it installed, but I'm gonna wait until after the Christmas return season dies down.

Hope R. color>size>face>

What a long, strange trip it's been!size>face>color>

I keep submitting my request to be present my finger tips for an orginal Alverez Yahiri to be hooked into the Wall of Sound while Led Z and Elvis Presley come on stage Rokking to the tune of Black Dog...

Maybe next year... i get a hammer of the gods

i have rec'd 1 benjamin, a plug in charger for a cell phone lighter wise, a vibra web cam, & a cd from my daughter called EvaneSeNcE...

Thank god not ties or socks or underwoos...

icon_cool.gif

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

[This message was edited by TheSongRemainsTheSame on December 27, 2003 at 16:58.]

Mall certificate (my favorite) otherwise....rottie mug, rottie t-shirt, rottie bumper sticker, rottie figurine, rottie poster. The one thing I really wanted was a rottie key-chain and I didn't get that.

Plus I wanted the book "Neverending Story" and I didn't get that.

Oh and I got some gloves from a guy at the dog park because I was always complaining about my freezing hands and told him I'm to lazy to go to the store and buy my own. That was sweet of him.

Nico got better stuff than I did.

Hey Dots that feezer full of meat sounds good to me. One year I got this woman from the offshoot I used to attend some steaks from 1800-LiveLob, and she loved it.

newyearchampagnepink.gif

GRRRL POWER!

quote:
Originally posted by RottieGrrrl:

Mall certificate (my favorite)

Plus I wanted the book "Neverending Story" and I didn't get that.

The reason ya did not recieve the book "Neverending Story" is because ya gots to go to a very special book store to get it and then run off with it...

I have requested a vintage Stingray Corvete

with a 650 Triumph Bonnie both cherry red...

hmmm

Where is Falcor...

[This message was edited by TheSongRemainsTheSame on December 27, 2003 at 21:39.]

Saw the Nutcracker last night - absolutely loved it! The princess fell asleep for the last half hour, wouldn't you know!?!

Turns out bow jr. also got me a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas, but he had the flu on Christmas and wasn't up to carrying it out to my van, so he waited til he felt better to tell me about it!

He was really slick about this one - he called me a few weeks ago asking me for vacuum cleaner purchase advice, then he bought me one I said I would buy next...

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

quote:
Originally posted by Dot Matrix:

However, my Dad sent us a huge order from Iowa beef! So, a filled freezer! Cool, huh?

WOW!!!! When's Dinner Dot? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Well, I got a 60 dollar bonus last week, so I used it to buy me a new DVD player. I donated my old one to the office so that everyone (me included) can watch some movies when everything is quiet.

Chuck, aka Santa Claus

I know! I should have you and Rottie over!

The funny thing is they have these potato balls that are SOOOOO good. So, I have all this meat and I keep thinking gosh, I wish there was another box of these potato ball things.

(We humans are a piece of work!)

BowTWI - my friend dances in the Nut Cracker. If you saw it near Philly she may have been in it.

Dot_Matrix.gif

I got a beautiful new blouse, very festive, a new watch, a New Mouse and pad,

a bath gift set, a beatiful glass thingy with an etched horse and pony inside of it. A blanket that I've been wanting, An Ozzy Osbourne CD, a Janis Joplin CD,and some other little trinkets.

The one thing I didn't get that I wanted most of all was my lower teeth.lol

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

Dot - We saw the Nutcracker in Clearwater, FL. The Miami Ballet and The Florida Orchestra. I'm so impressed with the discipline of those kids!!! We went to an 8 pm show - what WAS I thinking? Next time we'll go to the matinee. (My 7-year-old fell asleep a half hour before it ended, so she missed a lot of spectacular dances.)

Hope - tee hee

B - Better

O - Off

W - Without

t - the

w - way

i - international

Well the best thing was being able to spend the day with my hubby and my kidlet. Considering that this past summer I almost died, this was a cool thing.

Makes me truely thankful to be alive and able to be with these two peoples that I love more than anybody.

Beyond that the kidlet got me chocolate and candles. Hubby got me some purty earings and cash for books. And now I need more bookshelves again.

Oh yeah my big orange tabby made me a hairball. I just love home made gifts!

An amusing off-topic thing of note is that on the front page this topic is abbreviated to, "So What Did You Get For Christ..." as to which I would have to say that I tried to trade him in but they wouldn't accept that model.

Anyway, as to what I got, I don't know yet. I got a DVD and some money, but I have yet to buy my own gift and because of the travel I haven't been given the gifts of my relatives.