GreaseSpot Cafe

The Geek may be comin' to Miami

Gee whiz Excathedra, that is a difficult question.

I have mixed feelings about the man. However, I do not think that I have called him the Man of God at any time on any of the forums. I now am of the opinion that there is no man of God for the whole world except that man be the Lord Jesus Christ.

As far as the consequences of his sexual impropriety and his harsh reaction when they were refused, I did not learn about it until after he was gone and I had left twi. So I could not confront him about it. Does that negate what I learned from him? No, but it sure complicates things a whole lot.

I have been going over what I learned from him and have been holding fast to that which is good and throwing out the bad. Truth is still truth no matter who says it and I will not succumb to the logical fallacy that says that I should throw everything out that I learned from him because of what he did. However, I am still looking very hard at each thing and measuring its profit, long-term impact and fruit. That is the best indicator, especially for complex things. One of the major things that my new Intermediate Class does is to confront the errors that occured in both twi and twi2 and to teach the correct practices. I hope that answers your question.

RG,

Don't you ever think that he was just plain wrong. Just plain evil and that there was no good in him at all. That he developed a scam to benefit him and his lust?!

Sometimes, I think that about him and I wonder why he is held in such high esteem by others.

As always, RG, I don't mean to offend you or your belief, if it does, just ignore me please.

0e4a0660.gif

Maybe I'm being a smart aleck here, but if VP pointed you to the Lord Jesus, why not hang a picture of Him (Jesus) on your wall instead of VP?

(I just heard that some exwayfers affiliated with your group, still have pics of VP and laud him as the great guru. If I am mistaken, I beg your pardon.)

RG, thank you for your reply. (btw, i said "when you come to miami," i should have said "when you go to miami." i am not in miami and my post sounds like i am.)

i don't know RG, it sounds like john, wayne, (shroyer and clapp, not john wayne ha ha ha) CFF think "the way intl." was bad only because of martindale

Dear Ex10,

Just to clarify rumor control. I do not display any pictures of vpw, nor do I own one of those brass statues. I used to use those crystal goblets with the vpw crest on them for communion, but have not done so since I left twi2. I do not believe that CFF displays any pictures of him either. If I remember correctly in the vestibule of the CFF teaching center there is a picture of George Washington kneeling and praying as well as a brass plaque dedicated to one of the original CFF trustees who passed away. CFF does reference articles and books by him because it would be plagerism to not do so if we quote stuff. We also footnote others in other offshoots.

As far as others' pointed questions, I am not offended by them. In light of all that has happened, honest questions need to be asked and evaluated. However, I am conservative when it comes to throwing out the baby with the bathwater. vpw collected a lot of stuff that was not his own research. I would not be wise to throw that out with him. I have done a lot of in-depth research and am convinced that there are many things that I learned that are correct. But also in the same in-depth research I have found many things that were not. I think that my "Top Ten" which is posted on GreaseSpot demonstrates that I am not held by traditions. It may take years to go over everything and have a mature enough understanding of some subjects to make a final determination. I hope I live long enough and have enough study time to do so. But as far as everyone's questions are concerned, keep 'em comming, but just on their own threads... They stimulate me to re-think stuff and go into the Word for answers. Many times they have led me to deeper understanding of the truth or the error of what I was taught.

Now back to the original intent of this thread:

It looks like there is a significant amount of interest amongst the Miami area believers. So if anyone else wants to get together, please let me know. I am leaning toward the weekend of the 17th. My main goal is to help assuage any remaining injury to God's people. On my last two trips I also have assisted believers in leaving twi2. If anyone is considering leaving and would like some help, please e-mail me.

Hi folks, how 'ya doin'?

I'll be in the Miami area for sure over the weekend of August 24 and 25 and leave on Monday the 26th sometime.

If anyone wants to get together, please E-mail me at TheResearchGeek@Netscape.net

See ya!

If anyone from other areas would like me to visit, let me know and I'll see what I can do.