GreaseSpot Cafe

3rd annual weenie roast

rascal

Allright let the preparations for the 3rd annual weenie roast begin....

First off the location: Fall Creek Falls State park in Middle Tenn..North of chattanooga..(directions will be forthcoming)

Date: Colombus day weekend oct. 9th n 10th

Oak...I accept your generous offer...you are hereby in charge of the paper products...and coffee...are you staying in a cabin or the campground?

I have a big coffee pot as well...maybe we can have one in each location....

Hawk...I am accepting your offer of sausage and bambi stew as well....can you bring two mornings worth of sausage?? Also...you are usually our fire guy and bring the cast iron skillet and pot...oh yeah and most importantly...PEAR water!!

Sudo...are you willing to bring enough stew for dinner friday evening? I`ll get some rolls...

dmiller...bring your banjo...I will brush up on my guitar....I only know the intro to duelling banjos...

Somebody needs to get in touch with ttessa...we can`t have a weinie roast without her...she has been the *voice of reason* for the first two...even remembering to bring the all important toilet paper...The kids are hoping to play poker again this year as well.

Anybody interested in bringing ball gloves for a softball game?? Maybe that is more effort than folks are willing to exert....lol we sure enjoyed sitting around hawks fire a lot last year.. I can bring a volley ball net....the kids seemed to enjoy it last year...

Anybody flying into a local airport ...needing to be picked up ...or lodging before and after the event can contact me...I have a couple of bedrooms ...though you will have to wade through the pack of dogs...kids horses...etc once you get to the mobil home you will be safe though

I cannot make it up to the park this month....but will do so soon...I like the idea of a group of cabins and a group of campers....it has worked well so far....I like hawks campfire...I like also having an area to lay screaming children down for naps...lol..some points to consider

I however am open to the single huge lodge as well.....it sounds like a hoot!

Either way sounds like it will be fun!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Digi...help will be accepted and apreciated...though not absolutely necessary...probably need you more for moral support and double checking to make sure all of the bases are covered....

Whatever is easiest for you...the moble home is empty and clean...there are two bedrooms and lots of floor space....for whoever needs a stop over place..

If i might suggetest something here...

Now that a new thread has been started...

It might be a good idea if someone smarter than me could post the "links" here and what airport we should fly into.

I know that the information is buried somewhere in the middle of the other thread.

Thanks.

Tom this is indeed the third roast....the first was a relatively small affair with Hawk his son corey...herbal and his son cam...tessa and her dog xena...my kiddoes myself and a rat terrier.

It was held at tims ford state park as well...lot of fun...

Rascal:

I accept deputization as paper products czar.

• Paper and/or styro plates and bowls
  • Napkins
  • Paper towels
  • Plastic cups
  • Toilet paper
  • Trash bags
  • Plastic forks, knives, spoons etc
Can transport pretty easily. I just changed vehicles...got a Cutlass Fake Wood-Sided Station Wagon...christened it "Big Woody".

I doubt I will be camping, much prefer the great indoors for sleeping. I have access to two thirty-cup pots. Somebody else better supply the coffee though, mine wasn't too popular icon_frown.gif:(-->

I'm also available for car-pooling. Can meet anyone from north or west in Nebraska, or pick someone up along the way. Last year I cut across Missouri from KC to St. Louis and down through southern Illinois.

With this paper products job, do I get an ordination or something? I don't need compensation, but a title is good for me icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

There will be high-class laminated Weenie Roast Doctorates this year too. Something to look forward to.

Did I mention kazoos?

Rascal you are a dear... thanks!!

Oakspear ..... I don't know how to play the kazoo ...... do lessons come with the kazoos? icon_smile.gif:)-->

Its a great time of year to have it because its halibut season prior to it up here!!!

I would love to bring halibut down and beer batter fry it for the weenie roast.

Shell ..... I don't know how to have a weenie pull and I don't think I want lessons ... hmmmm LOL

Digi