Zixar

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Originally posted by pawtucket:

I disagree strongly with Zix, [...]

Fair enough. How about some specific points where you disagree strongly?

For what it's worth, though, the new Forum for less-serious threads was a very good idea. And the specific offending threads/posts were remedied--eventually. I understand you can't be everywhere at once, but a better response time from the moderating staff sure would go a long way towards alleviating that problem.

As for the content problem, I know good and well you can't stop people from posting offensive material, the only thing you can do is clean up after it.

I don't know if all this will cure 100% of the unrest, but at least it's a positive step towards it.

Zixar,

I can't believe you!

Paw makes changes to the forums, deletes threads and it's still not enough for you? As much as I have come to dislike you, I agreed to stop the one line posts with your name in them because Paw asked me to. It's his place, he gets to make the rules. If there were no rules, the gloves would be off.

If this site isn't to your liking, maybe you should start your own. I have nothing else to say about this subject.

And on a very serious note:

The personal info about my head injury and subsequent epilepsy is all true. Brain injuries, disorders etc are not at all funny. I hope you nor anyone you love ever has to live with one. Please think before you speak about disabilities in what you might think a humorous light. You have no idea what it's like to rebuild a mind and a life.

Peace.

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Sanguinetti:

People seem to me to be overly worried about so called Grease Spot outsiders suddenly coming here and some how not upholding to Christian teachings about Jesus Christ. Below is a link to a teaching that I have shared with some of the Grease Spot posters.

http://www.waychrist.com/Lordship_JC.htm

I too liked your teaching Mark. People (who are Christians) here at greasespot tend to have me all wrong. I AM NOT anti-Jesus Christ. I do believe Jesus came with an excellent cause, but a cause that has been grossly misrepresented by the bible. Jesus is not my "lord", for he freed me from such. Is Jesus my saviour?? Yes, he is. I do believe a Lord wants to control people. A saviour on the other hand seeks to free people from the bondage of a lord. Unfortunately we have even made a idol out of Jesus by making him a lord, which is my main lament. It's strange that our former association TWI denies that Jesus is God, because they were definitely making him one.

Am I a skeptic? Yes, I'm very skeptical of much of the bible. I am most definitely an agnostic, though my agnosticism doesn't focus on the contraversy of whether or not God exists, but rather what is really happening in life, and the hereafter.

Is the bible all THAT holy? No it is not, there are other works of inspiration that have just as much, if not more, weight as the bible.

But again Mark, that was a great teaching.

quote:
Originally posted by Zixar:

Paw: I reported Chuck's BS post on July the 4th. It was still there yesterday. Don't push this off on me. ::::rest snipped for irrelevancy::::

And Zix, just what BS post was I supposed to have made on July the 4th? I was working all day that day and I didn't have time to come into the GS.

Zix,

take the context of the quote. It was addressed at MC to stop the snipes at you.

We have publicly and privately disagreed many times you know that. To fill out the quote would have been something like this, "while I strongly disagree with Zix many times, I try not to make personal attacks such as you are doing MC" Is that better?

CKnapp,

I think it had to do with a quote from Penn and Teller.

I take a weekend off ...

Chuck: You know perfectly well which post I referred to but I never said you wrote it on the 4th. I said I reported it on the 4th. Check the quote you just posted, it's right there.

The post is gone now, and I don't care to repeat what you said in it again.

Don't think so Zix.

I have been doing some stuff behind the scenes and have linked the content alerts to it. It is a new email address that all the moderators will have access to. With a half dozen sets of eyes reading the alerts when they come across, it should speed up the response time to them.

quote:

Forget this "Christian" site dodge, too. No one is saying this has to be a stated "Christian" site. But it doesn't have to be a stated "African-American" site in order for "n*gger" to be offensive, either.

True Zix, but then you oughta watch Jerry Springer icon_wink.gif;)-->

quote:

Chuck: You know perfectly well which post I referred to but I never said you wrote it on the 4th. I said I reported it on the 4th. Check the quote you just posted, it's right there.

The post is gone now, and I don't care to repeat what you said in it again.

Zix, there never was such post and you know it. Why are you getting your bowels in an uproar?