GreaseSpot Cafe

Greasespot and Zixar's Loaded Question

parsley

I’ve been told that Zixar is “intelligent,” and, that may be so – I’m not in the forums often enough to make that assessment. However, I’m smart enough to recognize a loaded question when I see one. Zizar posted the following:

So what do you think? Is it all just par for the course? Or is GreaseSpot finally on the way out?

Choices:

No, it’s just taken another of its myriad turns.

Not quite yet.

Maybe. I can’t tell what it’s trying be anymore.

Yes. It’s no longer the GSC I used to love.

So, here I propose another loaded question – just to balance the scales:

Some friends here have remarked to me that GreaseSpot has really helped them, and continues to do so. And, I’m hard pressed to disagree. 90% of everthing I’ve gotten out of this site has either

a) Helped me reconnect with people who understand what I’ve been through, and understand where I’m coming from – allowing me to feel comfortable discussing things that are important to me.

b) Challenged me to re-think things that were programmed into my mind by a cult

c) Allowed me to just relax and enjoy a cup of jo, laugh and/or cry with people who don’t pre-judge me

d) Birthday announcements

So, what do you think? Is it all just par for the course? Or is GreaseSpot a really great addition to your life?

Oh, I see. The first poll isn't right because it's supposedly "loaded" and people aren't smart enough to pick the right answer, then the second one isn't right because people are too stupid to make up their own minds how they really feel?

Have we been infiltrated by Gore campaign staffers or something? No matter how many times you count the votes, you get the same result.

quote:
Oh, I see. The first poll isn't right because it's supposedly "loaded"

Got that one right.

quote:
and people aren't smart enough to pick the right answer,

You said that, no one else..

quote:
then the second one isn't right because people are too stupid to make up their own minds how they really feel?

Again, no one ever said that.

quote:
No matter how many times you count the votes, you get the same result.

Exactly, and your poll shows that most people don't think GS is in a downward spiral. So why do we keep harping on about this?

Zixar

I must agree that it is the way the poll was written. No offence Hey I tried one of those once and it was a disaster. One thing for sure the first one I see that works I am going to copy and template it in case I need it later. I think dmillers was more fairly spread IMO. But then not everybody liked his either. You can't please everyone.

That aside you are correct there is something wrong here and we should not need a poll to see it. It is right in front of us you can see it in many of the posters words and in the silence of others and that is a sad thing to me. If we could see their faces I'd guess we would see it there too. I like it here that is why I come most every day. We will never all get along but honesty,respect,speaking truth (and I am not speaking about the Bible kind) and kindness are in short supply at times.

And that is an alarming thing to me. That is mostly why I left the Way it was the doublespeak,untruthfulness,hurting people and other actions. (I was going to say nonChristian but really it's just nonhuman at least decent ones) Maybe don't throw in the towel yet at least wait till Paw gets the logo ones done up then you can do it right. If it is downhill that we are heading, just means we have a climb ahead. Sometimes the end of the road is but a bend once you get there up close.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

Finally, a thread post that speaks clearly!

that is one pair of well formed and molded,

ski poles! properly used, they'd offer some real stability on an

aggressive downhill curve and with those grips

you could really hold on.