GreaseSpot Cafe

Holiday Gift-Giving Time Is Approaching...

..or encroaching, depending on how you feel about it, lol.

~

Homemade gifts are fun and easy on the pocket-book, for sure... and mean so much as it involves your effort, creativity and time ~

I thought we can share some 'homemades' here ...

I have a few new gift-ideas, as I'm sure many of you do too ~

We can drop them in here...

You know how fast time flies when we're prepping for the holidays, so ~

I'll be dropping some in here and I hope you'll join in too!

Over the next few weeks, I'll put some simple-to-make bodycare gifts, some ideas for gift-baskets, and glass beading do-dads for ornament icicles, etc., and bracelets for all ages...how about sharing some your ideas too ~

Feel free ~ ok

Good Idea Ginger---

When my family was young we always made gifts for each other, then it sort of went to buying things for a bunch of years, when the last kid moved past toy age,(although I did enjoy making toys and games), we started making things again.Its been that way for about 10 years now-- In my book its alot better that way.

gingee

Good idea. My family always does homemade gifts, just because it's a fun way to do something together.

My mom makes the best pralines anybody ever tasted, so I make up alot of praline gift baskets. Mom, me, and the kids, nieces and nephews included, always schedule a baking-gift making day together. Everybody brings their list of who they wanna make something for, mom, girls and I get the supplies together, and off we go.

It's way too much fun for one family to have.

ps. my sister makes all her gifts and all her kids' clothing and all her everything in her house and everywhere she goes

same with my mom and they bake in the bakers hall of fame and do crafts in the hall of crafts fame

everything they touch becomes beautiful

now do you see why i joined a cult !!!! goddarnit

?

My kids and I work feverishly during the months of November and early December on homemade ornaments...each year our familiy and friends get a new one to put on their tree.

(((((((((((Excathy))))))))))) c'mon down to Maryville darlin'...you can have the holidays with us and my kids will teach ya how to make reindeer outta clothespins! icon_wink.gif;)-->

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen

everyone in my family bakes and trades cookies and brownies... except my spousal unit... she makes everyone "buckets" of her pico de gallo (I don't know how to spell it)... it's really good... and she also makes those little powdery crescent shaped Mexican cookies...

... I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between...

white dove

Mom's the one who makes the pralines, not moi! I just watch usually, and stand by with the plastic wrap. I've tried it, but somehow they just don't come out the same. It' one of those Mom mysteries that I'll never figure out.

And M is still in charge of drinking the rum. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Ginger Tea, I have not a creative bone in my body but I'm willing and am interested in hearing any ideas. Hopefully, it will be some that even I and excie can do.

Gosh ex, I am a minnie me..... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!