GreaseSpot Cafe

12th Corps - yeh, the Dirty Dozen

Dozer

Might as well get us together again. Could be unfinished relationships, words if wisdom... who knows? I personally liked you all as a group. (though there was a strata of pushy lawful grumpy people hopfully you're over it).

I know that when we weren't too exhausted we really enjoyed ourselves & did our best to please God rather than "Man".

Question: I'm sure you've "moved on", but what still lingers?

• 5 months later...

Hi Mark, nice to see ya here. I'not 12th Corps, but 10th. You been around these forums much? If not, I'll tell ya now, be careful. Sometimes people here love to flame you bad if you say things that don't agree with them. But I know you are good at hunting down druggies and dodging those who put a price on yer head. At least that's what I think I heard from someone I know in the Tenth Corps. Retired now eh? My how time flies.

By the way, these Corps threads where people post to find and chat with old Corps buddies really are nice places to hang out. For the most part everybody stays civil and friendly and it's kinda nice. Lotsa nostalgia ya know, and like you, I had a lot of great times in the Tenth and hanging with you folks in the 12th. Hey so, who am I? well. I'll tell you in your "private topics" deal. Click on your "my space" deal, and then the private topics thing...

Buck

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had some great people in the 12th Corps. I trust many of them are still teaching and preaching Jesus Christ. I, too, am married and have 4 great kids and a terrific wife. Have moved on and at times I regret being in the Way, but God is sovereign. I am influencing more people now at church than I ever did at TWI. God will make a place for you when you desire to serve Him and Him alone. There is life, and A LOT OF IT, after the Way.

exousia

• 3 months later...

As I recall. JAL told us after Mrs. VPW visited she thought they had a militarisic (sp?) connotation and she considered that negative. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

The shirts were olive drab with bold red letters Dirty Dozen the 12th corps. Seems like there was a red heart on there also. We all liked them and thought they were pretty cool.

JAL's intent with the shirts mirrored the movie. A group of misfits whom after trained. Completed a sucessful mission.

• 3 years later...

Mrs. Alfakats, the 12th C person....

don't mean to be too controversial, but never liked the whole dirty dozen theme or the shirts, just not my thang. didn't care for JAL either, a total bore, in my book, but to each his/her own. Thought Pat & Mary were totally cool, IMHO.

make love not war.... peace, love & hippie beads, fast cars, good food & good wine :biglaugh:

• 2 months later...
  • 10 years later...

One of the Dirty Dozen checking in!  It’s hard to believe that much water has gone under the bridge since day 1 of 12 Corps in-residence at Emporia. I have 5 kids and 10 grandkids now. My knees are feeling the 5k fun runs we did, which incidentally weren’t fun imho!