GreaseSpot Cafe

''Third Aid'' and other TWI catchphrases...

jezusfreaky

When a "coordinator/leader" wanted to impress some newbies, he would point out some poor schmuck and declare that he has "no rooms for rent"...meaning of course, that the coordinator/leader was spiritually perceiving that the individual in question was devil possessed...in fact the guy was "loaded" with them and often times the coordinator/leader would actually start telling the newbies, the different names of said devil spirits...usually, the names of the spirits would match the list of names handed out at the advanced class.

Coordinator - n : someone whose task is to see that work goes harmoniously

lead·er- n.

1. One that leads or guides.

2. One who is in charge or in command of others.

a. One who heads a political party or organization.

b. One who has influence or power, especially of a political nature.

Yep, they were leaders and not coordinators. We used the right word.

quote:
Third aid was "worldly" first aid.

Did people really buy into that garbage?

In Boy Scouts, they teach the kids about the four "hurry cases" which are serious bleeding, stopped breathing, internal poisoning and heart attack. These are the things that need to be handled immediately. I sure wouldn't want to wait for "third aid" for any of those.

My least favorite twi catch phrase was "Where was your believing?" usually after something didn't go quite right or as planned. The implication being that it was your fault, of course, for not having your believing right.

B*ll....!!

"You tell me what you think about Jesus Christ and I'll tell you how far you will go spiritually." I guess VPW didn't think to much of the Jesus in the gosples. His life style I mean. If he had I guess we wouldn't have this Web site.

SIT MUCH. Don't use your mind because it would be harder for TWI to control.

Rock of Ages. What the H@ll is that suppose to mean for a gathering of folks? Isn't it said that J.C is the Rock Of all Ages?

ABS? I never had enough $ to count as abundence. So how can I share of what is not abundent? Whats up with that?

Exerino! Plurality Palace...ah, yes. So much abundance....the Plurality Plate seemed so strange to me, don't know why. Not the sharing so much as the fact that there was this plate of moderately tepid food sort of congealing around on this plate and sitting there, "available". icon_smile.gif:)--> Hmmmmmm...

"does anyone want this other biscuit that was on my plate and I put back a 1/2 hour ago and now has carrots on it?"

"that's not a biscuit, that's my jello!!!"

eeeerrrrrwwww!

They even eventually dropped some of the WayferTree terms but not all. Twig became fellowship but Limb stayed Limb. It was supposed to avoid confusing people. As if calling a state (or as TWI dwindled, states) a freakin' "Limb?!"

Board of Trustees became Board of Directors. Never knew what a trustee was anyway.

There were probably more but I've flushed them.

"Believing Believer" as the term "believer" became polluted in LCMs world

Carnal Christian = anybody wearing a cross or who disagrees with us.

Contribution for the phone hookup = mandated division of the cost of the call between all attending grads for a phone hookup to DeadQuarters.

Acts 5th Avenue! yeah that's the name of that room full of junk. I was trying to remember that the other day.

And the plurality plate reminds me of how the host or hostess at the table would cut lines into the stick of butter so that each person would be thus guided as to how much to take. yeah, the lines in the butter....ah the memories.

quote:
Originally posted by WaywardWayfer:

"Why do they call it Good Friday since they teach that he died on Friday?"

You know why, right? Same reason we say "Goodbye" - that's a shortening of "God be with ye", which changed to "God b'ye".

It used to be called "God's Friday".

Coleen, Did he mean that by your returning to Jersey that believers in Jersey were considered vomit and you would be a dog? icon_eek.gif

During a reach out at Concord Park, the BC's wife was stung by a bee on her eyelid, Stupid me reached for some ice and was quickly jerked back by another believer sitting next to me.

Kenny B. began to administer healing and when he finished he asked for some ice. Within a few minutes Debbie's eye began to swell. They left and she went to get some decadron or benadryl and took it.

I confronted the other believer on what he did to me and his answer was, "I was shocked at her believing because she showed so much fear. We are to believe for healing."

I believe in healing also but my common sense helps out some too.

*There are no problems - only "opportunities" to believe.

*It's all about the class -- you started with the class so get people in the class.

*If you're friends don't want to take the class, then they are just bringing you down.

*You're not renewing your mind / believing enough.

*It's the love of God in the renewed mind and manifestation -- so love your sibling in Christ.

Oh geeze - the list goes on......

Sadie...

quote:
posted June 11, 2004 11:59

Coleen, Did he mean that by your returning to Jersey that believers in Jersey were considered vomit and you would be a dog?

The implication was that my life in Florida was sooooooooooooooooo much better than it was in Jersey (according to him, at least... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->) that returning to Jersey would be a huge spiritual mistake. He later left Florida too...hmmmmmmmmmmmm... icon_wink.gif;)-->