GreaseSpot Cafe

Questionable TWI(t) Doctrine/Dogma...

jezusfreaky

In your years involved was there one (or two, or more icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->) things that your rational mind just couldn't justify but out of fear/devotion/respect/fill-in-the-blank you supressed it to remain a part of the ''household of believers''? I mean something so wrong that it made you totally uncomfortable thinking about it so you had to make yourself forget?

What (if anything) have you done or are doing to fix that part of your heart/brain?

Thanks for the edumacation! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_wink.gif;)-->

Eve being a lesbian. (Even the corps person teaching the class admitted to not really "seeing" it.)

Blind obedience to leaders.

LCM's scheduling teachings. (If his life was so well scheduled, where did he find so much time to have an affair?)

Disobedience to TWI was possible evidence of homosexuality.

This may or may not apply -- but my worst experience was having my boyfriend at the time have his ex - girlfriend there and her hanging all over him in the right of sibling love. Then I was informed by the leader that I shouldn't say anything if they were to walk down the beach holding hands during advanced class. Because it was love. Little did he know they had had sexual relations and I was "known" as the outsider -- that came from no where (hence another post).....errrr......I still have bitterness.

Hooner,

Since you were in a Wierwille-ite offshoot, they would have carried his teaching that it was masturbation.

Craig Martindale taught in his class that Eve was a lesbian and that the "form" that the Devil came in was a woman. Adam's "sin" was not confronting Eve.

Craig's yelling was so bad that it was absolutely mandatory that a new student have heard him teach at least once before taking his class. How were the teachers in your group? Did they yell at all? Just curious. Did you ever see any video of Wierwille? If so, did you notice people imitating his mannerisms when teaching?

Back to our original thread...

What shocked me was the lack of money or stable income some of the families leaders way corps and the clergy had and the manner they would risk the health and fail to provide a stable home or community for their families.

My first twig leader while I took the class had a bitter divorce and two miserable teens who where forced to move far away from their father to live in the new area ,the new hubby was now corps and of course worked as a "contractor" of some sorts. they had a rented town house and wanted more children although of course she was not working they had little money. no insurance. children from a broken home where is the family harmony in that?

the very last fellowship I attended was another family the husband had quit his well paying job to be able to go to run fellowship and take classes ,so she was working two or three jobs wanting everyone to baby sit their children for free of course.

broken down unsafe cars traveling with babies in them... buying airplane tickets and taking classes across the nation and asking the state to provide medical expenses for their children.

the bible clearly states a man should provide for his household and many clearly struggled with this while in the way. VPW often said a christian should not have to take hand outs yet many in twi2 where at the life style of welfare benefits .

This just reminded me of the endless speaches of "God wants me Rich" -- What is wealth to God -- Yet, I can't pay my home mortgage because I'm too busy Network Marketing part time and selling the class.When I had a car I owned -- not great, but had AC and ran good -- but was told I should be believing for more.

I meant "I" as the leader was too busy selling things and not paying his mortgage -- whereas I had a job and a decent car I was I was happy with -- Hypocrites. Again -- judgements -- live by what the leader thinks is appropriate

How 'bout not being able to have any close relationships with anyone ''outside the household''?

Overlooking bills and obligations, writing bad checks and having to ''believe'' for God to cover it. Of course if God didn't cover it, you were reproved harshly for not believing enough. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

One question I have always had, deals with "born again of the wrong seed".

Vpw taught about all the "seed boys" in the Old Testament, and also taught that the adversary can only copy, never coming up with something new on his own. Now -- the new birth wasn't made known until Pentecost, and since such is the case -- how could the advo put his "seed" in folks before that time, if he only copies, and thinks of nothing new??

Docvic did a lot of teaching on the "seed boys", but seemed to forget his own teachings where he said that God was the one who initiated "new birth", and (at other teachings) the advo had to follow and copy, but NEVER could initiate on his own. Or at least so he said/taught.

So my question has always been -- If the adversary only copies, how could he have born-again "seed" in the O.T., when God did not have "born-again seed" until there in Acts? The "Christ in us" was called the mystery, (or better translated the secret), and the adversary had no clue about what was coming, or he wouldn't have had Christ crucified.

And if he had no clue about "right seed", there is no way he could have had his own "wrong seed" at an earlier time. Always did want to ask vpw about this, but never did get the chance.