GreaseSpot Cafe

Writings of VPW

Refiner

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Steve, thats like when I went to the Adventist gathering and they were all wandering around outside debating each other instead of listening to the program inside. (Adventists do that a lot).

A lot of people outside were selling Ellen White books, except they werent "selling" them cause that would be "business" and your not allowed to conduct "business" on the Sabbath. They were however accepting "donations".

I notice at Amazon books that when you type in "Power for abundant living" that Amazon then offers "related" books and these appear to be related to subjects of manifestation and visualization.

quote:
Thats great, Ive bought "Power For Abundant Living" for 50 Bucks, when I couldve bought it under another Title "Power for Abundant Living-The accuracy of the Bible" for 15 bucks.

Refiner, you should have asked here on GSC. I have two of those books for sale--a 20 year old one when I took that class and another one brand new I got when they were purging the stock from the headquarters bookstore.

I would have sold the old one for $12 and the brand new one for $20 (plus shipping). If you want any of the other books vpw wrote, just ask me. I have some still hanging around which I know will not sell in my garage sale.

I have

Jesus Christ Is Not God

Jesus Christ, Our Passover

Jesus Chris Our Promised Seed

Receiving the holy spirit Today

I have a few others if you are interested. The only stipulation I have is that you don't believe every thing you read. anim-smile.gif J/K!! I just hope you won't.

Well Ive been reading Rafs thread analyzing the "Blue Book". Having read that I can see why Amazon lists New Age books about "manifestation" techniques and "visualization" alongside the Wierwille books. Theres a large slab of "new age" thinking in the methods he espouses.You could hear those same methods espoused at any "meditation" group you cared to attend, or an "Ascended Masters" class.

First time Ive ever seen those methods tied in with Bible believing though.

http://affirmations.icreateforum.com/

Shakti Gawain is one exponent of the methods, as is Robert Anthony.

http://www.total-success-4u.com/

quote:
First time Ive ever seen those methods tied in with Bible believing though.
very interesting and i thought he was brining us new revelation

--

for sure i still have "receiving the holy spirit today" and "the bible tells me so" which i want to give you. i'll PT you

Dear Refiner,

"New Dynamic Church" has a chapter on How to Speak in Tongues, teaching Wierwille's method on leading people into glossolalia, taken right out of the PFAL Class. You would probably be interested in reading that, since it is a key part of the doctrine.

Regards,

Shaz

Well heres a few selected excerpts from a book called “The Overlooked Key to get your prayers Answered”“, By a man called John Stone. I obtained the book from him myself while attending his group.

Edited for brevity:

....“God has set up an automatic response system to deliver to us all whatever we like to call forth, provided the guidelines are followed….When you’ve learnt the rules you are master of the game…Everyone who is in poverty prayed for it without realizing it…as the result of answered prayer that they didn’t know theyd prayed…Certain things you do send messages down the line without you realizing it, and they are answered whether you want them to be or not…to get our prayers answered there is something we have to do to make it happen…The answer to your prayers depends not on whether God is pleased or displeased with you…The outcome depends only on how you do it …God is unable to grant our prayer fulfilment unless we BELIEVE it will be granted........End Quotes

So it is what we “believe” will happen that determines what we receive. Stone recommends that we:

Quote: ...“IMAGINE that you have ALREADY RECEIVED it. Then as you continue to imagine that you already have that benefit, the EMOTION of FEELING is generated within. And it is the FEELING that MAKES it HAPPEN”…It is actually the emotional sensation of ‘I ALREADY HAVE IT’ and you BELIEVE the prayer is answered”...End Quotes

All capitalized words are his.

Stone talks about the "Vibrationary frequencies" of unconditional love and its opposite which is not hate, as might be anticipated, but “fear”.

The vibratory frequency of what we really believe draws, thru the law of “Resonant Attraction” the reality of that thing to us.

We create our own reality.

John Stone is dead now, but he used to run an “Ashtar Command” ascended masters group in Melbourne that I attended 7 or 8 years back.

He was, in Christian terms, a spiritualist.

Wow! That does sound an awful lot like vee pee pee's teachings. The power is within us and works for saint and sinner alike. Guess God really doesn't have anything to do with it - it all keys off the power of the mind and even then, we may not know what we're asking for. Scary.

vee pee pee did learn from quite a few spiritualists and this was heavily protected and justified within the organization.

Refiner,

Before you go paying top dollar for "The New, Dynamic Church", you should check at a used bookstore. I'm sure if there is one there, you could get it for next to nothing. I used to see veepee's books floating around at places like that.

I have the book, but I have already promised it to someone else.

Have you spent a lot of time involving yourself in cults? It seems with your involvement with the JWs and this seminar you attended, you interest yourself in that kind of stuff. I am not being judgmental of you, just wondering why. I kinda like church now, and I never thought I would step a foot in a church while involved in twi.

Have you checked out the guys that veepee plagerized his books from?

quote:
Originally posted by Refiner:

Well heres a few selected excerpts from a book called _“The Overlooked Key to get your prayers Answered”_“, By a man called John Stone. I obtained the book from him myself while attending his group.

Edited for brevity:

....“God has set up an automatic response system to deliver to us all whatever we like to call forth, provided the guidelines are followed….When you’ve learnt the rules you are master of the game…Everyone who is in poverty prayed for it without realizing it…as the result of answered prayer that they didn’t know theyd prayed…Certain things you do send messages down the line without you realizing it, and they are answered whether you want them to be or not…to get our prayers answered there is something we have to do to make it happen…The answer to your prayers depends not on whether God is pleased or displeased with you…The outcome depends only on how you do it …God is unable to grant our prayer fulfilment unless we BELIEVE it will be granted........End Quotes

So it is what we “believe” will happen that determines what we receive. Stone recommends that we:

Quote: ...“IMAGINE that you have ALREADY RECEIVED it. Then as you continue to imagine that you already have that benefit, the EMOTION of FEELING is generated within. And it is the FEELING that MAKES it HAPPEN”…It is actually the emotional sensation of ‘I ALREADY HAVE IT’ and you BELIEVE the prayer is answered”...End Quotes

All capitalized words are his.

Stone talks about the "Vibrationary frequencies" of unconditional love and its opposite which is not hate, as might be anticipated, but “fear”.

The vibratory frequency of what we really believe draws, thru the law of “Resonant Attraction” the reality of that thing to us.

We create our own reality.

John Stone is dead now, but he used to run an “Ashtar Command” ascended masters group in Melbourne that I attended 7 or 8 years back.

He was, in Christian terms, a _spiritualist._

Is anyone here inclined to do a point-by-point comparison between this post and

the early chapters of the Blue Book? "What We Believe=What we are" and so on?

Let's face it. VPW was a plagiarist and a parasite. He stole from other sources every chance it fit his agenda, and conveniently ignored certain points when closer examination would have been "uncomfortable." One case in point:

One book he hyped was "The Thirteenth Tribe" by Arthur Koestler. This was held up as proof that the holocaust of WWII, where Adolph Hitler exterminated 6 million unarmed civilians, was false.

VPW always spoke out against "spiritualists." It was one big theme in the foundational class on PFAL. One thing he left out was that Arthur Koestler and his wife committed suicide together, and bequeathed their estate to the furtherance of spiritualism.

So, just like the bible, he picked what he wanted and left out the rest.

He was a liar and a thief. Just like his successors. But he was good at it.

ExWayDaryl

Wierwille was an extremely insecure man. He constantly craved the attention that was due a "great man of god"...to the end that he stole, what he considered, the best of what others had written and taught...and then called it his own. Concoct lies about snow on gas pumps and allow far fetched stories of his great spiritual escapades, to circulate far and wide. The spotlight was always to be on him...he was at his best when standing on a stage with all eyes upon him...

His writings?...The very basic underpinnings of his belief system was destructive in nature. Believing equals receiving...my a$$ it does. That one opened the can of worms that led to self condemnation, guilt, feelings of inadequecy, misconceptions concerning God's role in your life, a belief that there was a power in your mind that could effect external forces, a total willingness to be manipulated...just to name a few. He went on from there...Veepee was to Christianity what Jeffery Dahmer was to gourmet dining. His contributions of a literary nature were a cruel joke.

Well UH. I suppose when VPW makes statements like this:

QUOTE: “When you find yourself in one of life’s prison’s, get a positive, clear picture of your freed self. Focus in on the positive image and thank God that right now you have the answer. Keep confessing and believing positively according to The Word, and your release will absolutely follow.”END QUOTE

And you apply the methods espoused, and they dont work, it has to be SOMEBODIES fault and it cant be Gods fault cause Hes perfect now isn’t he? icon_smile.gif:)-->

As you said:

QUOTE: “Believing equals receiving... That one opened the can of worms that led to self condemnation, guilt, feelings of inadequecy, misconceptions concerning God's role in your life, a belief that there was a power in your mind that could effect external forces,”END QUOTE

I guess you all just weren’t holy enough to receive the reward. You weren’t able to keep your mind believing clearly enough, for long enough, to make it happen.

Sigh. Such a shame.

Oh, Weak and sinful generation.

Did the church authorities ever have to resort to public castigation of members? Were people shamed and abused publicly?

By this I mean were individuals publicly abused?

Im curious.

If this occurred then "The Way" is right up there in the highest levels of being an abusive cult.