GreaseSpot Cafe

Back on staff.......again

skyrider

On 9/29/2004 at 5:34 AM, tomtuttle said:

What about life insurance??? You've got to be the rankest believer if you even THINK about getting life insurance. I remember the exact words of Our Fodder in the Vaudeville, how that he said, "What good does life insurance do you?? When you die, you're DEAD!!!".

What a wise man he was. To hell with the wife & kids. Let them BELIEVE GOD for their own needs ...

Let's all turn to number 66 in your Sing Along the Way's, Blessed Insurance ...

Blessed Insurance, State Farm is Mine ...

Tom, what a POS VPW was!!  I wonder if he ever thought about anyone other than himself??!!

3 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Tom, what a POS VPW was!!  I wonder if he ever thought about anyone other than himself??!!

Probably not.  Discussions about Psychology point to vpw having Antisocial Personality Disorder. His "concern" for people was shown to all be STAGED-which is why he could sit and chat with you, turn his head, SCREAM at someone, and turn back to you and resume the conversation, all without batting an eye. None of it touched him.

10 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Probably not.  Discussions about Psychology point to vpw having Antisocial Personality Disorder. His "concern" for people was shown to all be STAGED-which is why he could sit and chat with you, turn his head, SCREAM at someone, and turn back to you and resume the conversation, all without batting an eye. None of it touched him.

WW, I understand what you said.  But, I don't understand how someone could do this.  But, I guess if you have an Anti- Social Personality...

29 minutes ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

WW, I understand what you said.  But, I don't understand how someone could do this.  But, I guess if you have an Anti- Social Personality...

Those are people who feel NOTHING for other people.  They only feel for themselves. It's not a guarantee they're a bad person, but it's a common enough ingredient. One Psychologist discovered he had the absence of empathy, but his good upbringing made him a better person. vpw, on the other hand, had an abusive dad, and vpw learned early on to run off and shirk his chores, and to use a gift of gab and the threat of violence to get what he wanted. That was his rep as a teenager.

2 minutes ago, WordWolf said:

Those are people who feel NOTHING for other people.  They only feel for themselves. It's not a guarantee they're a bad person, but it's a common enough ingredient. One Psychologist discovered he had the absence of empathy,   but his good upbringing made him a better person. vpw, on the other hand, had an abusive dad, and vpw learned early on to run off and shirk his chores, and to use a gift of gab and the threat of violence to get what he wanted. That was his rep as a teenager.

Yes, I have read that in various places in the GSC.  I went through a great deal of abuse as a child, but I have a great deal of empathy, and compassion for others.  If VPW had had a normal childhood, I wonder if he still would have been a POS.  I think a kids are shaped by their environment, but I also think some people are missing a critical gene, link, or brain function that makes them into a Psycho.  I think the Mental Health field is working on that particular issue, and have yet to come up with a definite answer.