GreaseSpot Cafe

Should VPW & LCM Go to Hell?

satori001

OK, it's not up to us. Rather than debate the doctrine of "once saved, always saved," let's just say (for argument's sake) that eternal salvation is based, not on reciting Romans 10:9 & 10 with all the conviction you can muster, but upon the content of your character, which is to say, what you've done with your life when the book finally closes.

Are any lives redeemable? How despicable a person should one be, to finally trip beyond the pale? Let's try to omit references to Hitler and Osama bin Laden, and keep the focus on more accessible "evil-doers," such as Vic and Craig.

Which is it for these two? Sky or fry? Opinions only.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Which is it for these two? Sky or fry? Opinions only.

Well -- if they went the *sky* route, they would have no new converts. And if they went the *fry* route, they might start a whole new ministry, and would perhaps be happier there! icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I don't know where they are going, any more than I do for myself. Facetiousness aside, they will get what they deserve, as will all of us. And though their *misdeeds* are open, and evident -- who is to say that those they committed are worse than those of ours which are *in secret*. icon_confused.gif:confused:-->

You can probably guess where I would like to see them, but I wonder if I might not end up in the same place, due to things I have done. Gives one cause to ponder the greater implications.

Since we are not going to be the ultimate judge, it makes you wonder what the standards of *judgement* are going to be, and how it will be applied, to all, regardless of what we perceive as *gross misdemeanors*, in our own eyes.

Just an imo, and still trying to think it through. Paradise, and it's occupants, will not be what our perception of it is, but rather what God, and Jesus Christ decide.

And though poems don't decisively "prove the point", may I offer this verse, that I picked up several years ago. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
I dreamed death came the other night,

And Heavan's gates swung wide;

With kindly grace, an angel there

Ushured me inside.

And there to my astonishment,

Stood folks I'd known before;

Some I'd judged and labeled

Unfit for Heavan's door.

Indignant words rose to my lips

But ne'er a word set free,

For every face, showed stunned surprise,

No one expected me.

Should anybody go to hell? Let's see...eternal torment for one 3 digit max years lifetime of evil? A bit disproportionate by my reckoning. People get emotional and want others to be eternally tormented, but God won't have any of that.

Roseanne Barr says only the male mind could conceive of one inch equalling 100 miles. I say only the human mind could conceive of one lifetime equalling eternity in hell.

I think they should spend eternity driving a beat up, POS car, wearing clothes from the Goodwill store, and sitting on a metal folding chair in the back of a conference room listening to some self-absorbed geek drone on for days at a time, all the while debating whether or not Spiderman could beat up Green Lantern.

I guess that's vote for "fry"...

quote:
dmiller,

I'm not comfortable with your relativity perspective. Why do VPW & LCM's decades of abuse, in the name of God for that matter, need to be seen in light of our own failings? Shouldn't they stand on their own?

Yes -- they should, and they will stand on their own. The point I was postulating is simply -- we can be "quick to judge" (and Lord knows -- we have reason to believe we are right in the case of vpw, and lcm), but while we judge others, we do so by our standards, and our standards aren't going to be the deciding factor, when all is said and done.

Don't get me wrong -- I am not standing up for them -- but I am saying (that if one should wish to do so), looking at the bigger picture of life (wrongs done, consequences, forgiveness/judgement, etc., etc.), just might make you think of your own situation (as it does me).

Everyone is very quick to think of God's condemnation of those who have done "wrong", but --- has anyone thought about God's forgiveness?? Was vpw, or lcm worse than the Apostle Paul (as far as what they did??). I don't think so. Like I say -- I am not sticking up for them, but I am saying that the standards by which we are all going to be judged, will be much different that what we will be expecting.

DERAIL.....(sorry satori),

Yesterday I was at an intersection, watching the cars go by. A car that was exactly like the one LCM drove for a few years drove past me (an oldsmobile 88, maroon with silver stripes.)

I am not kidding, I immediately started to hyper-venilate, then I realized why that car affected me, and I was able to calm down.

Will this happen forever? Gawd,,,,,,it was awful.

ror