GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex-TWI Clergy

Eagle

On 12/29/2004 at 11:33 AM, Watered Garden said:

It always seemed to me that people were placed in positions of authority who were stunningly inept when it came to ministering to and counselling God's people. The very useful phrase "I have no idea" never entered their minds, much less came out of their mouths. How can an individual who has been taught to regard psychology as a devil spirit filled voodoo form determine that his lamb would be better served by seeing a shrink than by being told "renew your mind"?

Unfortunately, some of these souls fit the description of those whom Jesus said would be better off having a millstone tied around their necks and being cast into the sea.

Myself, I don't believe there should be criteria for prayer. If someone asks me to pray, I'll pray. I don't ask them if they are believing. I don't ask if they are Christians, Muslims, Buddists, whatever. There is no application form to fill out to get on my prayer list.

But then, I am just a humble peon.

WG

And a Godly one.