GreaseSpot Cafe

GreaseSpot Gems

Linda Z

• 1 month later...
What are the five steps the serpent used to deceive [fill in a name.]?

1. He questioned the integrity and accuracy of PFAL.

2.[fill in a name] responded to him, started participating by conversing and "reasoning".

3. [fill in a name] omitted a word.

If one word is omitted from PFAL, is it still the word of PFAL? No. it has become private interpretation. By omitting one word, [fill in the blank] no longer has the word of PFAL.

4. [fill in the blank] added a word.

When one adds to the word of PFAL, is it still the word of PFAL? Again, it becomes private interpretation. The moment a word is deleted or added, One no longer has the word of PFAL.

5. [fill in the blank] changed the word of PFAL.

This is the spiraling road downward. To this day, whenever Satan wants to attack men and women of PFAL, he always leads them to question the integrity of the word of PFAL and then change it so that the word of PFAL no longer exists.

Therefore I say unto you:

STAND!----Let nothing sway you from the word of PFAL.

(paraphrased from pages 253 and 254 of "The Orange Book".)

After laughing out loud in the library and receiving a couple of dubious looks I decided to post this one here.

Thanks Waysider

• Upvote 2

Evan,<BR>thanks, You are the 2nd person to tell me that today (that the HS teaches).<BR><BR> I think we in and some out of the Way, <BR><BR>worship the BIBLE<BR><BR>instead of GOD.<BR><BR>The Word the word and nothing but the Word!!!<BR>Taken so far as to leave the author Out!<BR><BR>So into "I, me, Us, We"<BR>instead of let the "Lord direct your steps".<BR><BR>I am for once in my life am allowing this process and I have done a 180 in the last 6 months.

Such clarity and so much truth . Thanks Bliss I know you said it a long time ago but it really made me rethink some of my own thoughts about God and the bible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From the "Stress" thread

What I don`t understand about those who venerate wierwille solely because they liked teachings that they have heard....is what in the world that they THINK a false prophet would SOUND like... a wolf in sheeps clothing would actually LOOK like.

They have to look and sound very very good in order to fool, to deceive.

Get real, what would they / VPW look like, huh, cartoon wolves in sheep's clothing? Slathering jaws under a sheepskin rug? Good point, Rascal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

From the thread "For those of you just joining us..." in ATW:

It all just fits like a foot fits in a mouth.

• 2 months later...

Bolshevik’s response in OldSkool’s thread entitled “How the hook is set - the broad strokes...”

Some people are naturally narcissistic pricks who don't want to change, but want to be seen as well-meaning, altruistic and rare individuals. twi is a place where people can change their image of themselves, without really doing anything internally. these types of folks weren't hooked, they found what they were looking for

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
TWI is like a sick family with a pedophile uncle. they punish the kids for talking about it and pretend the uncle is normal and tell everyone what a great family they have

Potato in "you're daughter is possessed"

Rockin!

Edited by Shellon

• 2 weeks later...

Waysider from Witnessing and undershepherding in the About the way section.

I don't really think it was all that fundamentally different than selling vacuum cleaners.

We were selling something (PFAL) that sucked.

I'm still cracking up.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The "kinder, gentler" ministry is really just the same old organization with new facings and doors added to lend some aesthetics to the same old structure.

• 5 months later...

"The Bible is not an infallible, integral, harmonious truth. It's a tapestry of truths received, interpreted and communicated through the veils and filters of human minds. It can't be put together without contradictions and inconsistencies. And tempting as it is to try, we really shouldn't. It's a waste of time and energy. The more we try to turn spiritual truths into empirical data, the less real good we do for God and for one other."-----jbarrax

• 2 months later...

chockfull:

In a lot of ways this was my wakeup call to see the reality of TWI. When people were committing acts and recommending courses of action towards others that were not only completely amoral, but also outside legal laws. Where I saw that people who should have been constrained by a basic good Christian conscience had none, and that their actions were only constrained by threat of legal action.

waysider:

Looking back on it all with a little 20/20 hindsight, I'd have to say it's impossible to predict what any of the remaining nut-jobs are capable of doing. People are capable of all sorts of heinous acts that defy rational thinking and logic.

This quote by waysider seems particularly fitting it light of today's shooting in Arizona at a Safeway where a gunman shot a US Congresswoman point blank in the head, (survived with the help of God) and killed a Federal Judge, and shot and killed others point blank, also including a 9 year old child a total of 19 people shot with @ least 5 dead.

Better late than never! Karl makes the list....

(snip)

I suspect he personally had no relationship with God, and he diminished the importance of Christ except to use his name as a magical incantation at the end of every prayer, or to rant about "Christ in me" (which is more about "me" than about "Christ"). The only angle VPW had was "the Word." He taught us to worship a book!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Both mstar and skyrider contributed to this. It was from the "confronting lcm" thread

mstar: TWI was bound to fail no matter who was at the presidential helm because it had no system of checks and balances.It did not work together as a 'body', nor did it honor that God could possibly work in anyone outside of the president. It had near all power vested in one man.

That setup was VP's doing. It was set up much more like a third world dictatorship than a body of christians with common goals.

LCM or Wierwille for that matter, could have been confronted, maybe even restored if had been set up properly but VP had enough of that in the church and set up his own regime to make himself darn near invulnerable and unquestionable--It was pretty much doomed from the gitgo when time tested working traditions of church governance were all trashed.

Skyrider:

Exactly.

Twi was on a trajectory of "crash and burn" since its incorporation status, 1957. When wierwille set in motion those trustee meetings with brother, Harry, and close friend, Ermal,....wierwille stacked the deck in his favor. No accountability. No church oversight.

Geer had very little to do with it. The signs of demise were in the air in 1978, 1979.....and wierwille was making his last gasps to stay on the throne. Heck, even going so far as to admit, "I wish I were the man I knew to be".......the ministry was established on a cracked foundation. It was only a matter of time.

When wierwille died.....it was over.

Geer was simply ANOTHER opportunist.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...