GreaseSpot Cafe

GreaseSpot Gems

Linda Z

If you were a child in the way, well..hmm punctuation came correct there... YOU WERE A CHILD IN THE WAY.

• 2 weeks later...
Sheesh!!

If it's this hard explaining it to someone who was in The Way, no wonder it's near impossible to explain it to someone who wasn't.

:asdf:

That's if we can even get past the incredulous look, to start explaining...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From Twinky, the "Junk Table" thread, opining about VP:

You might ask why a man who hauled off 300 Bible study books and commentaries to the city dump (as stated in PFAL) would not with the Bible books also haul off his several table loads of spiritualist mumbo jumbo.

George

• 4 weeks later...

GeoAar June 24, 2008:

So, to all you Piffle regurgitators 'round here, Thanks for all your efforts!

No matter how low I may feel, or how bad things may go wrong in my life, I can always read some of your posts and realize that at least I'm not as screwed up as you are.

What a vital service you perform!

Thanks!

Classic Geo!, thanks

classic T-Bone............

"What devil spirits were operating in The Way?" – more like, what con artists were operating in the way! I think vp's idea of discerning of spirits was being able to find the Drambuie in a liquor store he wasn't familiar with. :evildenk:

ROTFLMAO!...........thanks dude!......you rock!

Mstar responded to

"In regard to your involvement in The Way, you could choose to be a victim, as many have, but may I suggest that is not the best perspective if you desire to live a fruitful life. Frederick Douglas, a former slave and then an abolitionist in the time of the Civil War, once said, "The limits of tyrants are prescribed by those whom they oppress." I like to look at my time in The Way in a more positive sense. I want to "eat the fish and spit out the bones."

with

Oddly Frederick Douglass was an abolitionist and didn't continue to support the marvels of slavery, nor the system that he came out of by changing a few commas and then acquiescing to its magnificence.

Douglass spit out the bones, the mercury, the poisoned fish, the bait, the fishing line, the fishing hole and the whole river and then fought tirelessly against the entire system.

maybe he should have had a "more positive approach" like John says, and gone back to that wonderful time <_< and just changed a few minor things here and there

This one's not funny, its more like tragedy, but I thought it was a good observation pinpointing how twi was in reality a myth, a fairytale, an imitation of what a christian ministry was really supossed to be:

TWI shows its spiritual bankruptcy exactly here. It was while standing outside the borrowed church after a TWI memorial service that I realized on a deep level that TWI was an inadequate body for my Christan life with God.

Rigid, know-it-all, doctrinaire systems like TWI's cannot flex and bend with life's deeper more difficult issues (mental illness is another one).

You get a tremendous sense of well-being on a superficial level - but how many Wayites survive tragedies with their 'positive believing' intact? I saw very few - though I did see victims shook to their very core (beneath the veneer).

Life hands out tragedies - you can 'believe' to avoid them in an organization that can't handle them.

• 2 weeks later...
Legally, you cannot libel the dead, so the discussion pretty durned well ends there. TWI has no legal standing to sue to protect Wierwille's reputation because, legally, Wierwille HAS no reputation. Reputation, in the law, expires on the same date as the person who has the reputation. Legacy has no legal standing.

That said, I feel perfectly confident in calling VPW a smooth-talking snake oil salesman who abused his position as a minister and twisted the plain meaning of scripture in order to satisfy his lust for sex, money and power.

Sue away!

• 1 month later...

From the "Soup to Nuts" thread started by Socks to discuss R1co M@gnelli's stint as PR consultant for TWI:

I'd say this defines what they [TWI] consider "fully informed". It's "need to know - and you don't". :biglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...

From the "Will the real vpw-ministry remnant please stand up" thread:

Lest we lose perspective, the whole ball of wax evolved from a CULT!

It's like taking clippings from the poison ivy in my backyard and wondering why they won't grow into apple trees.

• 1 month later...
Is that really how you see your fellow Christians, for whom Christ died?

As praying to an "oil-can"?

How about at least considering them mistaken in doctrine but attempting to

serve God and live love?

Is it that important to be "one who knows" that one can't even consider the

position of "one who cares"?

Jesus himself said his disciples would be recognized by their LOVE,

not their DOCTRINE.

• Upvote 1