GreaseSpot Cafe

A poll of how many years you were in TWI: 0 - 20years

Royal Gorge

• 1 year later...

I left in December 2002. March 2003 would have been my official 20 year anniversary. Darn, if I could have hung in for a little longer, I could have gotten a spayshul paper from the bod recognizing my faithfulness.

NOT!!!!!!

The amount of way brain I have dumped and the amount of peacefulness I have gained in the last 11 1/2 months (1 year anniversary is the first week of December for being OUT!!) have been the best thing I ever did for myself.

Glad I'm NottaWayfer!!!

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

[This message was edited by Wayfer Not! on November 08, 2003 at 18:47.]

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

"Officially," I was in for less than a year (the period between the time I took the class to the time I made for the door was 11 months). Unofficially, I studied for about two and a half years before bolting. From my first "twig" to the time I left was about 13 months.

After that, was in an offshoot for about 9 years.

Edited by Guest

I was "in" for a dozen years or so, give or take a couple of years when I was "marginally" involved. I also attended Catholic schools for a dozen years, about the same amount of time.

And now I've been free longer than I was involved in the fist place, and can view my Way years as something I did in my teens and 20's. I'm really glad I got out before my 30th birthday. I don't exactly know why, but I just am. icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
I could have gotten a spayshul paper from the bod recognizing my faithfulness.

I was thinking about this again. During the anniversary last year, I saw people get up and share about what the way did for their lives for the past 20 years. I could tell it was forced and not really genuine. I had just started posting on GSC as an innie, and I was thinking to myself, "I can't get up and give a speech on something I surely don't believe!!! I can't be a phoney!!" I had put my twig face on for MANY months before this. I think that was the beginning of the end of twi for me. Thank God I left that organization. Thank God I am learning more and more about Him each day. And Thank Jesus too!

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got involved in 74-75. Got out around 85-86, but kept doing twig for a couple years after that. The last rock I went to was for the VPW memorial, and the last class I ever took was Renewed Mind. I still have the black walnut plaque with Rom. 12:2 engraved in it, that they passed out to us that day.

I took the class in the summer of '77. I sort of faded away shortly after LCM's inauguration in the fall of '82.

I was never really committed to TWI, and for the life of me I'm not sure why I even got minimally involved for 5 years. The people? Quite possibly since I was practaclly a loner at the time I took the class.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nineteen years--from college to middle age. Wow. And my husband was in about seven years longer.

Never went corps, thankfully.Did the rest, probably twice.

Nineteen years of hectic hoop jumping, trying to raise kids who weren't total robots, trying to pay all the bills and keep up with all the expectations, not murder innie spouse(out now!)

Life is so much better now. Except I'm older but not as wise as I wish I was...and I spend a small fortune on hair dye due to all the grey.

having multiple addictions, the religious and institutioual addiction startrd in jr. high.

Florida Bible College-7 yrs. 14-21 y/o

TWI-11 yrs. 21-32 y/o

US Army- 6 yrs. 32-38 y/o

after that co-dependency was my drug (38-44 y/o) mixed with alcohol.

Recovery to present-3 yrs. 45-47 y/o

When you have addictive behavior it is real easy to make anything a "drug of choice," including the Bible. Thank God I now know the difference between spirituality and compulsive religious behavior.I was a good find for TWI

• 2 weeks later...

18 years here...I was 8 when we (my whole family) first got involved. I was 26 when I left. THen for some odd reason I decided to get back in (couldnt fit in anywhere else) and only lasted 4 months. I had been out smelling the fresh air too long and was be able to recognize the manure they were throwing my way. icon_eek.gif

• 1 month later...

Started attending twig in 1978. (I was in grad school.) Was tossed out in 1997, about a month after getting engaged. My fiancee was given the choice of leaving TWI or leaving me. She chose the former. We've been married six years. Oh, and I really enjoyed MOST of the 19 years I was in.

• 9 months later...