GreaseSpot Cafe

11th Corps

Dot Matrix

I wasn't 11th corpse, but I play one on TV.

My WOW group (I will never call it a family again!) leader (I say leader instead of coordinator cuz I know it probably rankles those with waybrain)

Let me start over: my wow group leader was 11th corpse, Dave O.

Hi.

I, also, was 11th Corps. I didn't graduate, but I did 3 years.

Some things I liked: studying, hanging out in the snack shop, making a couple of friends that I'm in touch with to this day, playing music.

Some things I didn't like: Craig's yelling, John's yelling, John's yelling, Dave's yelling, Pat's yelling, the jobs like crawling through a field and looking for rocks, the fact that the college division got to take entire classes and the w. c. didn't, the politics.

Am I glad I did it? Sometimes, but not usually. I really think that I ....ed away some prime years of my youth waiting for the Way to tell me what to do next. This was more my fault than anyone's, but I still threw those years down the dangter.

I left the ministry in the 80's, but I'm still actively weeding out pieces of Way brain. Almost every day I will notice and confront a sick attitude that I learned from the Way.

Since running into W'dale and G'spot about 2 years ago, I've begun doing things that I put on hold so long ago.

Hello, Dot M. I enjoy your posts. I'm sorry you got hit on. God has really pulled us through lots of STUFF, huh?

Hello, 11th.

moreyt

I recall crawling looking for rocks -- Geez, I do not do that in my own lawn.

The yelling what horrid! I was always afraid they would get me for additional things like

I never memorized one of the retemory cards.

I would pray every corps night to be over-looked.

Thank God I was never called on!

I was not honest on my aerobic points, I did not abs, (who had any money left) and I hated corps night and LEAD.

I never understood all the ooohs and aaahhhs at what they would teach Wednesday nights and then

the after meeting!!! Like it wasn't awful enough!

Yet, I am upset that Pricilla and Aquilla died. For some reason, I am a bit maudlin over Emporia and Kip hall being torn down.

I guess it is a part of our past -- good bad and ugly!

And Steve -- you are pretty funny. Sorry if one of our corps were mean to you. Some of them were mean to "us" as well.

Dot Matrix

Edited by Guest

Oh, he wasn't mean to me.

But he did tend to yell at new people, when they were uncertain about whether or not to believe in the trinity.

And he was condescending and patronizing to me.

Nothing irks me more than being condescended to.

But he was fairly okay, otherwise.

You've got to remember him - tall skinny blond guy, mustache, glasses, his nickname was Noses.

Sorry,

There were so many of us --

I bet I would know with a picture but I can not remember him right now.

I have about 100 of us clearly in my mind, after that it gets blurred.

Sorry --

I have about 50 --9th corps I remember and maybe 50/75 --13th corps beyond that I have no names and faces for particular people I was in res. with.

But geez, I am getting older. The other day I could not recall my 4th grade teacher -- still can't. It bothers me a little.

Dot Matrix

• 4 months later...

There was a David Something with nice broad shoulders, blonde hair and light eyes. I think he spoke Russian. We were at HQS the last quater of the 1st year in res. We got along GREAT! He never came back after the interiun year.

Is that David O. This guy was really funny and fun to hang with...

If that wasn't David O do we know who it was?

Dot Matrix

(Moved here. Was inadvertantly posted on wrong thread)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all!!! I used to be in the 11th corpse. I made it to almost the end of the first year and got kicked out. I was devestated to say the least. But now looking back all I can think of is how thankful I am that I did leave.

I had a hate/love relationship with the corpse. I loved it in relationship of me being committed to God and had heart for it. But I didn't like the control and being put down all the time. I didn't like the fact that the only information we had from the outside was through what twi wanted us to have. But I really didn't realize that until recently.

I have fond feelings of the friendships I developed and I think that is what I like to remember.

Dot, I've been meaning to ask you if I know you. I've noticed that in some of the forums you know the same people as I. Do I know you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks. I wasn't in the 11th, but I was engaged to one for almost the whole three years of her Corps training. Does anyone remember Madelaine Smith? She and I were hot and heavy for about four years, but then she didn't think we should get married all of the sudden. So, we cut it off. I still have fond memories of her though. She taught me a lot about being more of a responsible grown up. I remember that she married some guy from California named Steve Kline. At least I think that was his name. Anybody know of her whereabouts? She has an identical twin sister named Margurite that was in the Tenth Corps for awhile. I had a number of friends in the Eleventh Corps. Bob and Cindy Moser, Terry Christian, and Glen Edmondson among others. I also had had a friendship with Tim Warga, who turned out to be not much of a friend. Anyway,

Salud!

Jonny Lingo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey DOT...

I've been over on the 9th corps page even though me and the little woman were 11th. all the way...we were, SNAKE-EYE corps, just like you. That handle had a nice ring to it, better than Bullinger's idea of what 11 stood for!

It's been fun readin' their posts over there. Some pretty funny stuff.

We oughtta get this page cranked up a notch! There were some fun times. It wasn't all about sex, plagiarism, and getting REPROVED, and all the junk. Some of it was VERY funny. Like Sue Caro_ _ _ _ _. What a funny woman!

Hi, DOT.... I am sneaking back in here... hopefully EX won't reprove me and make me go back to the 9th corps thread. They just needed someone that was junior corps to boss around. I got to play that token part.

But it is funny over there... if you are looking for funny and I am; from time to time.

So how do we spice up the Ole snake eye page, hmmm?

Offer free cooking lessons as a prize for the funniest TRUE story?

Or start a set of posts... titled My Funniest Day in Residence... sort of thing. Could include one of those famous "You have a fire in your trash can... what are you gonna do?" incidents.

We were swapping LEAD stories on the 9th's thread. But I defer to you old time GSrs.

so, Too Gray Now, were you 9th or 11th? I'm getting confused. I also read the 9th and it has been fun reading.

Would love to hear the funniest experiences while there. I always had a terrible with having gas. It would be so excrutiating that I would have to go do sit ups to get all the gas out. What was so embarrassing to me was when someone would come around when I was doing some long releases.

I don't know what caused the gas it was either anxiety or the food we ate. I wonder which one it could be?

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Well, Vickles, I and the wife were 11th the whole way.

Now I understand your avatar - that jolly clown you use... that is you trying to get the gas out! You can do anything in a clown costume and get a way with it, including pass gas.

To answer your question, I think it was the food. Remember John Lynn talking at lunch about how men should not stand at the urinal and fart... we should go into the stalls, close the door, "Let-her-rip" and then come out. He said it would be less offensive.

All the guys at our table busted out laughing... Less offensive, maybe... but way TOO stupid to think that any guy would do it... besides, we were real men.

And real men fart anywhere they please. Heck, just holding it in till we got to the urinal was a total act of love and consideration.

Everyone knows that!

Yes I am able to let gas while jumping up and down!!!

What an foot thing to say that you have to wait and go into the stalls to let it rip. In reality if you did that in a public restroom you would be a laughing stock that is for sure. I wonder if jl actually did what he taught?

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!