ex10

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

alfakat:

quote:
the listing will be 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, in that order....

You started with the 10th.... we can't even get in your list!! Are you trying to exclude us???? HMMM... icon_wink.gif;)-->

icon_mad.gif 11th Corps should be represented. For heaven sakes, we were the LARGEST corps in entire HISTORY of TWI... the largest number of robots... (sorry) ever produced by the clone machine!!

OK

Maybe we should not be included...

You're right. Start with the 10th.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HI there you all. I see that Brady found his way to our little site here. Hey Brady! Hi Rob, Ex 10, ala Prochaine, and the rest. It's me, "Jonny Lingo", aka Buck, or the brother from Alaska. I haven't been here for a good while. NIce to see you folks. Well, I hope all is well with you and yourn. I don't have too much to say this time (amazing huh?) so I will just say howdy and move on. Sure do love all of you my old friends. Ex 10, give my love to J, and Ala P, tell Keynote I said hi too. Engine Rob, I don' members who you be married to..Anyhoo, take care,

Jonny Lingo

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...

Hey there you all. Just thought I'd post so this will go to the top. Being buried on page two is kind of a drag...

I heard from Dick Michaud the other day. He is fine and having a nice holiday season. One of his kids, his oldest boy is in the United States Airforce. My my how time does fly

Adios,

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ya cacoon chucker. Fly any weird looking kites lately? Yeah, I know who ya are, you soccer playin fool! The Irish during our last year knicknamed you The Terrier because of your soccer playing. Me? Well, theycalled me an American football player, because,well, I kept running people over, and I kept making Bob Eachus blow his whistle at me for perpetrating acts of what he referred to as "intimidation". He said it was wrong of me to scream like a banshee as an approaching player on the opposite team dribbled in my direction and I yelled and ran straight at him trying to make him think that I was going to run him over.

Bob would blow his whistle a couple of chirps and say, "Hey mite, you cont do thet! Thet's initmidaytion!" And I'd yell back; "I know! I was trying to scare him away from the ball!"

And the Irish would say "Oh b-.... Bob! That's just futbol!!" Oh damn that was alot of fun...

So Groucho. You have me wonderin who you be? Private topics?

[This message was edited by Jonny Lingo on February 22, 2004 at 13:35.]

Edited by Guest

Hi Jonny,

good to hear from you and as usual you always crack me up with your stories. You can't blame Bob E., it's in his blood. The English call soccer a gentlemans game. I favored the Irish's take on soccer. Sort of like hockey except you've got a soccer ball.hehe

Isn't this about the time of the year when they have the Ididarod dogsled race? We just finished a 250 mile race here. That's peanuts compared to yours but I think it is one of those races required for those who wish to do yours. My wife says hi. She loved your pictures you posted and finds you look like a wrestler due to your robust build.hehe

Hello my 10th Corps brethren

Hubby was 10th Corps. Some of you know me...but Cacoon chucker and Groucho ... you I don't know? Sounds like a line from PIFFAL.

OK...all this talk of Bob E...is making me homesick now. icon_frown.gif:(--> People used to think Bob and I were sibblings and I was often asked if I was from England. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> Once I was called MRS. Eachus. icon_eek.gif No offence to the real MRS. Eachus!

Too funny!

'til the next time...

Edited by Guest

Yup. The Iditarod starts next week. I even know a musher gal whom I met up n Two Rivers north of Fairbanks this winter who is going to be in it. Keep your eye out for "Ally Zurk" or Zurch, or something like that. Her friends just call Ally Z. I met her with a friend at a "musher bar" one night while we were imbibing...

Yeah, Bob was so funny when he was officiating...And Lee Turner was playing goalie..

Hi Jonny,

I'll keep an eye out for Ally Z. We too have a big event coming up. World Cup Biatholon, don't know if your familiar with it. In Europe it is considered as big as what the Super Bowl is in American. Biatheletes are those people who compete in cross country skiing and on top of that they have to shoot a gun. They are in fantastic shape. This is the first time it is held in Northern Maine. We are all excited about it, not much happens here.

Lee Turner!!! Where the heck is he now? In Texas?

Lee married a really sweet Seventh or Ninth Corps girl by the name of Gail Krahn. She was a WOW in Maryland when I first went to Twig. I am onlt ASSuming that Lee went back to Texas, seeins as how he was such Texan in the first place. Maybe Ex10 knows. Ex10?

Man old Lee was one ornery sonofagun! I liked him for it though. One time he and I got into a slap fight outside of our dorm room at Owens Hall where you and I first lived (you had the bunk above me, remember?), and man did we get out of hand! He thought I was some kind of a pushover, and was really cocky about it, so I planted a hard right hand print right on the side of his face, and man was he pi$$ed! He got me back a good one, and I got him again, and we did not have the love of God in our hearts as that thing progressed! Finally someone came out and broke us up, and we were even better friends after that. Pretty funny though.

Hey cool about the Biathlon. I hope we Yanks make a good showing, but I hear that the Germans and Scandies are really good at it and usually dominate. Nice for you all to have a little of that International action though. Near Madawaska?

Edited by Guest